watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manor Solomon - Merged

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 16, 2023, 10:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

When do people think we'll see a bit more of him? I've been impressed by his cameos and think he can add something a bit different to the others, apart from Willian. I love Harry Wilson but have yet to see him have a good game this season and feel Solomon should get a chance before him. I can only assume Silva is trying to ease him back in.

wback

He won't get a start unless someone is injured or our form starts to drop.

He won't get a longer sub appearance unless we're 2-0 down or 3-0 up.

I imagine his problem is that Silva wants to change games with subs, hence Cairney (ball retention), James (speed), extra CB (protection). My sense of Solomon is that he's a straight swap with Willian, who has the shirt locked down.

So, it'll be a few games yet.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: wback on January 16, 2023, 10:35:39 AM

I imagine his problem is that Silva wants to change games with subs, hence Cairney (ball retention), James (speed), extra CB (protection). My sense of Solomon is that he's a straight swap with Willian, who has the shirt locked down.

That all makes sense, but as I said he seems to be behind Wilson.

bencher

I feel that he could also be used as a sub or alternative for Pereira, not just for the wing spots. But I do also feel he ought to be ahead of James and Wilson in the queue for wing-subs, and as much as a I think BDR has done very well and always puts in a real shift, surely at some point Solomon will be ahead of him as a starter as he is much more dynamic.

Lordedmundo

Given that recent performances by Wilson and James have not been great - I think Solomon should be first choice to be subbed on in the next game (he deserves at least 30 mins).

I would also start him against Sunderland.

Subject to his performances, I think he is then challenging for a starting place....

Jonny4

We desperately need some pace in attack at times, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting more game time soon. Hopefully Sunderland in the cup can be a good first start for him.

Thailand Mick

He will have to be given a run in the team at some point or how will we know if he is better than we already have. I was very excited when we got him and want to see if he is as good as the videos suggest. I believe we also need players in the front three that can score regularly if we are to gatecrash the top 7.

Chutney

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 16, 2023, 10:39:47 AM

Wilson is RW and Solomon is LW
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: bencher on January 16, 2023, 10:45:32 AM
I feel that he could also be used as a sub or alternative for Pereira, not just for the wing spots. But I do also feel he ought to be ahead of James and Wilson in the queue for wing-subs, and as much as a I think BDR has done very well and always puts in a real shift, surely at some point Solomon will be ahead of him as a starter as he is much more dynamic.

Solomon is on loan, perhaps Silva is wanting to use players that will be wit us next season also. Then again that doesn't really explain Dan James getting minutes in every game.
C O Y W

H4usuallysitting

Let's not forget Solomon is recently back from a serious injury - and has little to none Championship, Prem experience.... Dan James has Prem experience, so logically get's in front of Solomon..... Let's hope Solomon get's his chance, but not at the expense of Willian who's having the time of his life

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Chutney on January 16, 2023, 11:41:36 AM

Solomon played RW when he came on against Hull and showed he can be effective, I'm thinking he and Willian could take turns swapping wings if they were to play together.

WindyCity

I'm with the OP on this. I' d like to see more of him.  Good in few cameos so far, he can look lively and quick.  Need to see more of him....

filham

The surprise this season is the 17 appearances made by BDR who seams to be 1st choice for that wide right position, probable due to his attitude, work rate and defensive abilities. BDR is limiting Wilson, James and now Solomn to game time of 30 minutes as an impact sub.
Solomon has yet to demonstrate the abilities he was credited with during the summer when we were negotiating for his signature.

Twig

I'm not saying that in the future Solomon isn't going to be a big success and nail down a starting spot, but as yet I haven't seen the evidence.  All those who are already excited by him must have seen things that I haven't. Not his fault as he has obviously had little opportunity, I'm just a bit puzzled by those who are already pushing his credentials so hard.

TheCeiling

Quote from: Twig on January 16, 2023, 07:40:18 PM
I'm not saying that in the future Solomon isn't going to be a big success and nail down a starting spot, but as yet I haven't seen the evidence.  All those who are already excited by him must have seen things that I haven't. Not his fault as he has obviously had little opportunity, I'm just a bit puzzled by those who are already pushing his credentials so hard.
Solomon was a starter ahead of Mykhaylo Mudryk in Shakhtar. They are very similar profile players with pretty similar numbers, though I've seen Solomon doing some stuff that I've never seen Mudryk doing (especially the ability to get past few players consecutively in tight areas). Now Chelsea were willing to pay 100 Million for a Solomon's replacement. Manor has the potential to be a star in this league if he gets a fair amount of playing time to gain a momentum and adjusting to the PL. Marco is in a challenging situation. In one hand he knows how high Manor's potential is (he wanted him already from Jan 2021), but the team runs well so he tries managing egos. I can't wait to see Manor as a regular rotation player and as a starter. I think him and Willian can be a really really good wide combo who can change spots within the game, while he can also play as a CAM and doing similar stuff as Pereira does there, and later on when Willian aged out to fully take his place at LW.

hovewhite

Quote from: Chutney on January 16, 2023, 11:41:36 AM

that was my thoughts as well,the other side can't see him getting in over BDR at the moment.

General

Quote from: Chutney on January 16, 2023, 11:43:25 AM
Quote from: bencher on January 16, 2023, 10:45:32 AM

Solomon is on loan, perhaps Silva is wanting to use players that will be wit us next season also. Then again that doesn't really explain Dan James getting minutes in every game.

There were rumours that it was a loan to perm as his contract at Shahktar runs out at the end of this season. I don't think we'd be not playing him for any other reason apart from bringing him slowly back from injury and into new league. Silva has shown a willingness to play him since he's been declared ok from injury, but it will take time.

Jims Dentist

IMOP Wilson not upto Prem standard.

Twig

Quote from: TheCeiling on January 16, 2023, 09:12:22 PM
Solomon was a starter ahead of Mykhaylo Mudryk in Shakhtar. They are very similar profile players with pretty similar numbers, though I've seen Solomon doing some stuff that I've never seen Mudryk doing (especially the ability to get past few players consecutively in tight areas). Now Chelsea were willing to pay 100 Million for a Solomon's replacement. Manor has the potential to be a star in this league if he gets a fair amount of playing time to gain a momentum and adjusting to the PL. Marco is in a challenging situation. In one hand he knows how high Manor's potential is (he wanted him already from Jan 2021), but the team runs well so he tries managing egos. I can't wait to see Manor as a regular rotation player and as a starter. I think him and Willian can be a really really good wide combo who can change spots within the game, while he can also play as a CAM and doing similar stuff as Pereira does there, and later on when Willian aged out to fully take his place at LW.

that's kind of my point, bigging him up having seen very little of him playing at Fulham in the PL. The points about his potential vs Mudryk etc are all valid of course but I've learnt fron bitter experience to wait until I see a olayer get some time on the pitch for us.  I suppose I'm just naturally a bit cautious but I certainly hope he turns out to be the player that some on here are predicting.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Twig on January 17, 2023, 11:08:31 AM
Quote from: TheCeiling on January 16, 2023, 09:12:22 PM

that's kind of my point, bigging him up having seen very little of him playing at Fulham in the PL. The points about his potential vs Mudryk etc are all valid of course but I've learnt fron bitter experience to wait until I see a olayer get some time on the pitch for us.  I suppose I'm just naturally a bit cautious but I certainly hope he turns out to be the player that some on here are predicting.

My original point was that I'd like to see more of him and that I think he should get a chance ahead of Wilson who just hasn't impressed for whatever reason this year. He may well turnout to be a dud but in the limited time I've seen him I've seen potential.