https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manor Solomon - Merged

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 16, 2023, 10:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: alfie on January 24, 2023, 12:03:29 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on January 24, 2023, 10:27:20 AM
I thought William was okay actually. Caused some problems and was generally a nuisance to Emerson Royal. I think it was just hard playing against 5 at the back with two DMs - there was little space in the final third. Tottenham got a lucky goal and then shut up shop. V negative tactics overall
Don't think there was anything lucky about that goal, you let him get on his right foot and that is what your gonna get.

Oh yeah, no doubt. I meant it was lucky for Spurs, not Kane; no doubting Kane's threat/ability but Spurs are lucky that he's there to save them time and again.

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on January 24, 2023, 12:15:28 PM
Think Solomon and TC need a start for Andreas and Willian against Sunderland,as we need to see a game where they feature for at least 75 or 80 minutes.

I think that's right.

Bassey the warrior

Think Solomon and TC need a start for Andreas and Willian against Sunderland,as we need to see a game where they feature for at least 75 or 80 minutes.

Cairney needs a start but I'd also like to see Cairney have a few more shots on goal, we know he has a wand of a left foot but he seems reticent to have a go. I'm sure this may be at least in part because he's been given the instructions to keep hold of the ball, but we need more goalscorers.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: wback on January 24, 2023, 11:44:47 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 24, 2023, 11:13:24 AM
I don't think he gets in ahead of Pereira though.

That's not a bad shout for Sunderland though. So far, we've seen him get the ball almost exclusively with his back to the sidelines. What does he look like if he's getting it between the centre circle and the edge of the D with the team moving forwards?

Yes but the game against Sunderland is a rehearsal to see if he's good enough to start on the wing, not to be a backup for Pereira.

Twig

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 24, 2023, 05:28:29 PM

Cairney needs a start but I'd also like to see Cairney have a few more shots on goal, we know he has a wand of a left foot but he seems reticent to have a go. I'm sure this may be at least in part because he's been given the instructions to keep hold of the ball, but we need more goalscorers.

Fully agree with you. I have been wondering why TC seems to be taking fewer shots. Last night for a while he spent a lot of time out wide short interpassing with Jedi and Willian. It helped with possession but I'd rather see him getting into positions where he might be able to get a shot away (and if he can't he will almost always recycle and keep an attack going).

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 24, 2023, 09:39:55 AM
By his standards Willian had one of his poorest games last night and the Cup game would be the ideal time to give Solomon a run out.

Agreed. I think Willian may have turned possession over last night more than he had the rest of the season combined. His ball control is so good it was strange to see him give it up that often. 

Count Flapula

Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2023, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 24, 2023, 05:28:29 PM

Fully agree with you. I have been wondering why TC seems to be taking fewer shots. Last night for a while he spent a lot of time out wide short interpassing with Jedi and Willian. It helped with possession but I'd rather see him getting into positions where he might be able to get a shot away (and if he can't he will almost always recycle and keep an attack going).

It's all well and good saying TC should have had more shots vs Spurs but the sad reality was that Spuds went "full Conte" and strangled the life out of the game after they scored. They went to a flat back 5 for the entire second half and everyone staying very compact defending in front of that back 5, so there was simply not the time and space around the D of the penalty area for TC to take aim (granted he was on the left and not in positions but that leads back to the point there wasn't any space in his shooting range so he was trying to create space by working quick interchanges down the left). Just wasn't the game for it unfortunately.

Fully agree I'd like to see TC, Solomon and Wilson start on Sat, especially to give the latter 2 some much needed game time to build match sharpness and fitness as it's hard to build coming on as sub all the time. Keen to see Solomon finally given a start.

alfie

I noticed that a couple of times when TC had the ball he had Robinson free on the wing and a pass to him would have set up an attacking position, but he facing their goal turned away from Robinson and passed back.
It seems to me that he is doing that more often, is this lack of playing or, just playing safe.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TC's Sporran

no you are imagining things. not once never mind twice did he do this.
i watched tc closely and every time the ball was on he gave it to robinson and even when the pass wasnt on he slipped it to him.

alfie

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 26, 2023, 11:03:30 PM
no you are imagining things. not once never mind twice did he do this.
i watched tc closely and every time the ball was on he gave it to robinson and even when the pass wasnt on he slipped it to him.
Nope I did not imagine this, it happened. I made the comment you don't agree fair enough, I know what I saw.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TC's Sporran

seriously alfie all i did for the 20 mins that tc was on was watch him. and him alone. i didnt watch the ball but watched him. most of the time he interchanged with willian and robinson and every time one of them was free and in front of him it went there. if they werent free then and only then it went back or sideways usually in an attempt to create a triangle for it to go back to him and forwards again.
now apart from a quick visit to the toilet when i think a player was down and maybe the odd blink i didnt miss much. 

you are making out that tc passed backwards instead of going forwards. you mention a couple of times

i want to make out he passed forwards every time he could.

i would be interested to hear what others think before this goes to court

Somerset Fulham

I don't know about this particular instance but I am fairly sure that you wouldn't see any wrong in Tom if he admitted that he was actually Harold Shipman, TCS.

Its admirable but Cairney is human and does mistakes from time to time.

ffcthereligion

Honestly the urges some people seem to have for Tom Cairney is beggars belief. People defend him from any whisper of criticism as if he were their lover!

Nevertheless I'd like to see him start tomorrow.

Id play

Rodak

BDR  Tosin  Duffy   Kurzawa

Reed   Palhinha   

Wilson   Cairney    Solomon

Vinicius

Bokonon

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 27, 2023, 03:52:35 PM
Honestly the urges some people seem to have for Tom Cairney is beggars belief. People defend him from any whisper of criticism as if he were their lover!

Id play

Rodak

Reed   Palhinha   

Vinicius

I'd move TC back to replace Reed, and stick Luke Harris in the AM spot.

LC

Quote from: Bokonon on January 27, 2023, 04:06:51 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 27, 2023, 03:52:35 PM

Id play

Rodak

Reed   Palhinha   

Vinicius

I'd move TC back to replace Reed, and stick Luke Harris in the AM spot.

That could be interesting. I think it's clear Marco Silva wants to put out a strong team, so maybe Harris doesn't start, but I like Reed or Palhinha having a rest and Cairney dropping deeper with Harris in the number 10 role

Twig

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 27, 2023, 10:13:27 AM
seriously alfie all i did for the 20 mins that tc was on was watch him. and him alone. i didnt watch the ball but watched him. most of the time he interchanged with willian and robinson and every time one of them was free and in front of him it went there. if they werent free then and only then it went back or sideways usually in an attempt to create a triangle for it to go back to him and forwards again.
now apart from a quick visit to the toilet when i think a player was down and maybe the odd blink i didnt miss much. 

you are making out that tc passed backwards instead of going forwards. you mention a couple of times

I said previously that TC spent a fair bit of his time on our left exchanging short passes with Willian and Robinson. Yes, there were a couple of passes back but nothing out of the ordinary. At the time when I made the comment it was because I felt he wasn't getting himself into a position to really use his range of passing to open up the Spuds defensive set up and nor was he in a position to provide any goal scoring threat.

So I guess I am agreeing with you that yes, he played a lot of short passes with both Willian and Robinson.

alfie

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 27, 2023, 10:13:27 AM

If I could I would watch the match and highlight when, but it doesn't matter to me, if you insist he didn't then good on you, not going to make any more comments.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

TC's Sporran

i just comment on what i saw.
ffcthereligion i dont defend him for his lack of tracking back and stuff he does wrong and is criticised for. i truly admit to his failings.
and these failings are why he doesnt start. and i dont clamour for him to start. obviously with him being a fave of mine i would like to see more of him.

i only defend him when he's accused of passing backwards when a pass was on which he simply didnt do. or i didnt see.

now you watch him start today and have a crap game passing backwards or sideways  and losing possession only for them to go upfield and score.

and hes done that before today.

i honestly think if he had palhinhas game as well he would be playing for a top 4 team.
and vice versa.

mind you both are only 8 pts away from that.

back on topic im looking to see good things from solomon whos is starting today in quite a strong line up

Bassey the warrior

Very excited to see him today and will also be interesting to see Roberts and how he has evolved.

LC

Where do we stand with his contract anyway?

We had a £5m deal agreed then due to the war we managed to get a season long loan. I think he'll have 6 months left on his contract when his loan finishes. Is that right?

Did we get an option?