more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manor Solomon - Merged

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 16, 2023, 10:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: LC on January 28, 2023, 04:41:11 PM
Where do we stand with his contract anyway?

We had a £5m deal agreed then due to the war we managed to get a season long loan. I think he'll have 6 months left on his contract when his loan finishes. Is that right?

Did we get an option?

No idea but I really hope we keep him.

Sgt Fulham

Good cameo, very quick feet and unlucky not to score/assist. If he's only going to get better then we're in a good place.

jayffc

Start him and Willian against Chelsea for sure

All the talk will be about Mudryk - Lets have Solomon creep up and show him why he was on the bench in Donetsk!

LC

Quote from: jayffc on January 28, 2023, 05:08:24 PM
Start him and Willian against Chelsea for sure

All the talk will be about Mudryk - Lets have Solomon creep up and show him why he was on the bench in Donetsk!

Would be nice to see, not so nice if we don't have an option though. But I suspect we do but would like to find out

Kfar saba

Good performance from manor
In ev position give 100 %
Best man today

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Kfar saba on January 28, 2023, 05:30:37 PM
Best man today
Must of watched different games.
Looking at it analytically, playing on the left but showed no sign of a left foot. So many chances to go wide and cross but he seemed unable to do this instead coming inside to have a right foot shot blocked.
He also looked very lightweight not enjoying being tackled
His highlight reel from Donesk looked great, but today he looked like yet another inverted winger nearly man..

Willham

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 28, 2023, 05:43:27 PM
Best man today
Looking at it analytically, playing on the left but showed no sign of a left foot. So many chances to go wide and cross but he seemed unable to do this instead coming inside to have a right foot shot blocked.
His highlight reel from Donesk looked great, but today he looked like yet another inverted winger nearly man..

I thought he was a culprit of trying a little too much sometimes, wasn't impressed with some of his antics when not being given the ball.

Kfar saba

His touch start the goal ,
In the first half his cross to pereira
Best chance
Overall run and defence well
And nearly scoring at the end

Jims Dentist

Playing two inverted wingers/forwards in a curse of the modern game. (Unless they are two footed).

SerbianLad

Probably my MOTM today. Although Andreas, TC and Tete were all good too.

Deeping_white

Best man today

He's always been an inverted winger and it's how he made a name for himself? Also don't get the lightweight comment since he put himself about plenty of times

Carborundum

He's a handful and an obvious candidate to start in the premier league very soon. 

Arthur

Best man today

We must have watched different games indeed. And it might be you were not watching at all when Solomon delivered the best cross of the match with the left foot that Andreas hit first time only to see his shot cleared off the line.

He made his first start in a competitive game today in, what, nine months, maybe longer, and, in the circumstances, I thought he looked anything but a 'nearly man'. I saw a player who has the rare knack of being able to take on his defender even when the defender knows what he's going to do. And, from my viewpoint in the Johnny Haynes, his first-time lay off in the build up to our goal looked an outstanding piece of skill. Admittedly, he was only up against a Championship full-back. My guess, however, is, given a half-dozen-or-so games, he'll prove to be someone we know we must sign permanently.

St Eve

I thought that he looked pretty good. Aggressive, fast and direct. Give him half a dozen gams and then we will see

TC's Sporran

he needs to build up confidence and get game time. maybe not starting atm but off the bench will do for now.

WolverineFFC

Best man today

I assume you missed where he went to the byline and put in the cross for Pereira's wide open chance with his left?

Deeping_white

In the first half he left 3 Sunderland players for dead in the space of about 2 seconds and it's been a long time since I've seen someone manage that & so if we can get him fitter and more integrated into the team I think we've got a real gem on our hands

Holders

What a player, can't wait to see more of him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

colinwhite

Think he will be even better against better players having to release the ball earlier . He is class ,but a question mark if he and William start together .Bobby gives us a balance and has a workmate which is worth so much.

copthornemike

As a comparison how did people think Soloman compare with Patrick Roberts? Roberts seemed just that more involved and dangerous throughout the match, although as others have mentioned Solomon has had little match tome & coming back from a long term injury.