watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lingard vs Bobby

Started by Jimmy Hill, January 20, 2023, 12:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Hill

Got ridiculed in august for suggesting Bobby Reid was better than lingard in August just wondering what people think now.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on January 20, 2023, 12:07:27 PM
Got ridiculed in august for suggesting Bobby Reid was better than lingard in August just wondering what people think now.
Seems an accurate statement to me.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Blawarmy on January 20, 2023, 12:34:10 PM
Seems an accurate statement to me.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

I concur

Craven Mad

Lingard is such an odd one. Was immense for Spam, but he's just so inconsistent and disappears for months.

I bet Forest can't wait for his contract to expire. No doubt that Jesse will still find a suitor (West Ham) to offer him another big contract once Forest ditch him...

Twig

If we are talking about players at their best then Lingard every time. However, if we assess them on overall contribution and consistency then Reid every time. I guess one has to conclude that Lingard will go down as one of the great underachievers.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Twig on January 20, 2023, 02:56:27 PM
If we are talking about players at their best then Lingard every time. However, if we assess them on overall contribution and consistency then Reed every time. I guess one has to conclude that Lingard will go down as one of the great underachievers.

Agree with this, Lingard seems to lack the motivation and hunger that Reid has, even if he has more talent. The same goes for Dele Alli whose career has fallen off a cliff.

Fulham 442

Whitestone

Two very good players. BDR has been outstanding this season but I suspect at the beginning of the season most observers would have put Lingard ahead of Reid on ability alone. Lingard's move to Forest seemed a bit odd at the time. A player lacking ambition and a bit of a mercenary. Lingard has been described above as 'one of the great underachievers'. I'm not sure how that term can be applied to a player who has thirty two England caps to his name.

Steve Cooper clearly rates him as he was quoted in the press as recently as yesterday, stating that he would like Lingard to stay at Forest  'as long as possible'.

Jims Dentist

Can't stand Lingard's arrogance when things are going well for him.
The goal celebrations with the stupid dances and tongue exposures.

hovewhite

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 20, 2023, 03:06:52 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 20, 2023, 02:56:27 PM
If we are talking about players at their best then Lingard every time. However, if we assess them on overall contribution and consistency then Reed every time. I guess one has to conclude that Lingard will go down as one of the great underachievers.

Agree with this, Lingard seems to lack the motivation and hunger that Reid has, even if he has more talent. The same goes for Dele Alli whose career has fallen off a cliff.
ability ,talent,waste of those if no fighting spirit, determination,and will to win every 50/50 all traits of Bobby not lingard.

Jimmy Hill

One of the things that stood out for me was jesse appearance record think only once over 20 starts a season. A cautionary tale about starting your career at a big club.

mrmicawbers

Noticed recently BDR running and dribbling passed defenders is brilliant. Obviously very confident.Long may it continue.

FishaPrice

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 20, 2023, 08:46:56 PM
Noticed recently BDR running and dribbling passed defenders is brilliant. Obviously very confident.Long may it continue.
I have noticed it too! He is very capable of dribbling past his marker. He has several good tricks in him. I am very impressed with Bobby this season!

Sammyffc

On their day if both are 100% i would still have lingard way above Bobby. However with everything Lingard has been going through with his mother and family over the last few years i doubt we will ever see him at 100% again sadly

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Bobby's work rate is excellent, he never has his head down, and never wants to come off the pitch. Absolute pro and we're lucky to have him.