watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, January 27, 2023, 09:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

There is no way Mbabu will start. He is not in the plans at all.

I would go for:

Rodak
Tete
Kurzawa
Diop
Tosin
Reed
Cairney
Solomon
Wilson
BDR
Vinicius

cmg

Harris not with u21s tonight. He has played in the last few matches (and been on the bench the day after last time out). Maybe due some game time tomorrow.

[u21s currently 1-1 at Everton]

GuessWhosBack

I'd rather go through today and loose the next 2 league games .. so play as full as strength team as possible .. we will be safe but have no chance of Europe but a win tomorrow and a kind draw who knows.

Plodder

I am mystified as to why people always want us to rest players for the FA Cup, when they would not do the same if it was a Premier League game.  If any of our players genuinely need a break for this game, fair enough, but the same should apply to Friday's game at Chelsea.  It is five days since we last played, and another six days until we play after the FA Cup game. In terms of importance to the season, the FA Cup is the one competition we can still win.  It would take an unprecedented and calamitous drop in form for us to be relegated, so that is not a concern.  Why would we not give the FA Cup all we have?

However, Marco's comments at the press conference imply that he will not be fielding his best eleven.

Are any of our players other than Mitrovic ruled out by injury or suspension?  I notice hardly any of the proposed elevens above include Ream, Robinson, Palhinha or Willian.

DadCreature

Quote from: Plodder on January 27, 2023, 11:58:07 PM
I am mystified as to why people always want us to rest players for the FA Cup, when they would not do the same if it was a Premier League game.  If any of our players genuinely need a break for this game, fair enough, but the same should apply to Friday's game at Chelsea.  It is five days since we last played, and another six days until we play after the FA Cup game. In terms of importance to the season, the FA Cup is the one competition we can still win.  It would take an unprecedented and calamitous drop in form for us to be relegated, so that is not a concern.  Why would we not give the FA Cup all we have?

However, Marco's comments at the press conference imply that he will not be fielding his best eleven.

Are any of our players other than Mitrovic ruled out by injury or suspension?  I notice hardly any of the proposed elevens above include Ream, Robinson, Palhinha or Willian.
Given Marco plays only the very best on the squad game after game in the league, I think that it is fair for the Cup to be an opportunity for the squad depth to showcase themselves a bit.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: DadCreature on January 28, 2023, 12:08:29 AM
Quote from: Plodder on January 27, 2023, 11:58:07 PM

Given Marco plays only the very best on the squad game after game in the league, I think that it is fair for the Cup to be an opportunity for the squad depth to showcase themselves a bit.
IMO it's very straightforward.  Once we hit 40 points (or whatever MS deems is league safety) then we'll play our strongest team in the cup - allowing  for any promises MS has made, e.g. Rodak will play in the cup.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 27, 2023, 03:26:24 PM
I would give Tom Cairney a full game. He is the missing link in our midfield and Fulham have suffered without him. He was unlucky last time out slipping when he was about to play some defense-splitting passes, that I put down to rust (and the wrong studs, maybe). Vinicius has earned another run out as well. Main thing is Fulham take the FA Cup seriously, as Silva has a terrible record for dismissing it. On Talksport today Stan Collymore was suggesting Sunderland could provide a shock. Let's prove him wrong and go as far as we can in this highly respected historical competition.
This is one of those rare occasions when I agree with your every word Nick.
Would just add that I am looking forward to seeing 90 minutes of Cairney, that alone will make the price of the match ticket a bargain.

TC's Sporran

just ease up on the man love filham, or you will be tarred with the same brush as me lol

i cant wait to see him today and hope him and solomon link up and do good things