Duff
Malbranque

Boa Morte
Gera

Mitrovic
Saha
Berbatov?

Somerset Fulham

Phillipe Christanval and Martin Djetou didn't play for us for long, but boy they were good.

Plus Sascha Reiter in the first season at least.

Somerset Fulham

Same applies to Karagounis.  Even though he was a proper grandad, he was brilliant for us in a terrible, terrible team.

General

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 27, 2023, 06:55:25 PM
Phillipe Christanval and Martin Djetou didn't play for us for long, but boy they were good.

Plus Sascha Reiter in the first season at least.

I did the full list of all the best players we've had including players like christanval who was immense when he did play.

Others included

Diarra
Babel
Schurrle (he had some blinding goals and before us did win the world cup)
Gera
Davies
Areola
Riise
Davis
Andersen
Aina
Smertin
Karagounis (he and smertin less so for what they did for us)
Dempsey (that one season and juve goal only imo)
Lee Clarke

filham

Yes that list is pretty good but afraid there are one or two of my favorites missing and I need to add some players.

1. Another center back is needed and it is difficuld to remember outstanding candidates, Hughes and Hangeland dominated for so long. I am going to add Simon Morgan, I think he did actually play in the Premium League.

2. At Left back Rufus Brevet is a must, we haven't had a better left back since he left.

3.Sean Davis in midfield please.

4.As for strikers I think that perhaps Bobby Zamora should replace Berbatov and it is essential that Brian McBride is added.

FishaPrice

"Dempsey (that one season and juve goal only imo)"   - General   

Well at least you mention Dempsey. But which season are you referring to? The 2010-2011 season where Dempsey finished as our top goalscorer with 12 in the league and 13 in all competitions or the 2011-2012 season where he also finished as our top goalscorer with 17 in the league and 23 in all competitions. My point is Dempsey had 4.5 solid seasons with Fulham beginning with our great escape season where he joined us midway through the season and whose goals helped us avoid relegation. He was top goalscorer in the premier league for Fulham in 2007/08 (6 goals in the premier league despite joining midway through), 2008/09 (joint top premier league scorer with 7 goals), 2010/11 (12 goals in the premier league and voted Fulham player of the year), and 2011/12 (13 goals in the premier league). All of these goals coming from a player who was not even an out and out striker. People of here like to point to Dempsey's 2 month long loan spell with us in 2014 where he didn't perform well for the 5 games he played for us. It was 5 games on loan in an unfamiliar squad. How can that possibly undo the previous 4.5 seasons where he played his heart out for us and we finished 17th, 7th, 12th, 8th, and 9th place. Dempsey is Fulham's all time leading goal scorer in the premier league with 50 goals, I would think that warrants selection in our "best ever PL squad".

BarryP

If you're talking about Fulham Premier League appearances I'd have to replace Gera who had had 86 appearances and 5 goals with Dempsey's 189 appearances and 50 goals.

Also agree with Bobby Zamora being in the list over Berbatov.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."