more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 28/01/23...

Started by WhiteJC, January 28, 2023, 12:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Buy Before Matchday & Save!

Secure your seat for tomorrow's Emirates FA Cup fixture with Sunderland before 9am on matchday to take advantage of advanced ticket prices!

Supporters are reminded that tickets for our Fourth Round tie, kick-off 3pm, will increase by £10 for adults and concessions, and £5 for juniors from 9am on Saturday 28th January.

CATEGORY          ADVANCE PRICE          MATCHDAY PRICE*         
Adult          £30          £40
Concessions (65 & Over, 18-21 Years)          £10          £20
Juniors (17 years and under)          £5          £10

To secure your seat, buy tickets online at tickets.fulhamfc.com, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-4:30pm).

Don't miss live Emirates FA Cup action at Craven Cottage!

BUY ONLINE

Further matchday information can be found here.

*Tickets on matchday are subject to availability.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/january/27/buy-before-matchday-and-save/

WhiteJC

Kurzawa: Win and Progress

Ahead of our FA Cup Fourth Round test against Sunderland on Saturday, we caught up with Layvin Kurzawa on how he is enjoying life in South West London under Marco Silva.

"I feel very good here," started Layvin. "London, Fulham, is a very good area. My family, we feel good here."

Should he feature in tomorrow's fixture, it is another opportunity for Layvin to get some minutes in the legs following on from his appearances against Hull City and Newcastle United earlier in the month.

"I've waited for this moment since a long time," he said. "Now I play, not every game but I try to enjoy when I play.

"It was my first 90 minutes for a long time [against Newcastle]. We played against a very strong team, so I was very happy."

The left-back featured in our previous FA Cup fixture at Hull City and managed to get himself on the scoresheet when in the 37th minute, he got on the end of a parried save from a Harry Wilson shot to put us one up in the game.

"I was very, very, very happy to score and win with the team," Layvin described. "It was my first time with Fulham.

"I hope tomorrow we can win again and if I can score, I will be happy.

"All my career I have scored so many goals but it's not my first job. My first job is to defend and help the team."

On Saturday's opponent: "It's a big game for us and for Sunderland.

"The FA Cup is a big cup but tomorrow we need to win and progress.

"I'm happy because my family will be there for the first time so I need to enjoy and win tomorrow.

"Big crowd, big stadium, very good atmosphere. We just need to win and enjoy.

"Win, win, win, win, win."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/january/27/Kurzawa-Win-and-Progress/

WhiteJC

Chris Sutton issues Sunderland FA Cup prediction ahead of Fulham cup clash

The FA Cup action returns this weekend with Sunderland's visit to Craven Cottage.

Both clubs have enjoyed a successful first season following promotion which has included progression to the fourth round of the famous cup competition.

Neither side faced too much trouble in the third round.

The Black Cats eased past Shrewsbury Town with a late comeback victory, and Fulham earned a 2-0 win over Hull City.

Chris Sutton has predicted an even more comfortable affair for Marco Silva's side this time around, claiming the Cottagers will win 3-0 on Saturday.

Tony Mowbray's side will be hoping to earn a fifth round berth with an upset away win, but the former forward hasn't given the Championship side much of a chance against the 7th place Premier League side.

"This tie takes Sunderland winger Patrick Roberts back to the club where he began his career," wrote Sutton, via the BBC.

"Along with in-form Black Cats striker Ross Stewart, he will be a handful, but I still fancy Fulham to progress.

"Marco Silva's side have lost their past two Premier League games but they are having a very good season.

"They always have a go at teams, and they will be up for this."

"Marco Silva's side have lost their past two Premier League games but they are having a very good season.

"They always have a go at teams, and they will be up for this."

The Verdict
Saturday's game will be played by two teams enjoying a solid rise up the English pyramid this season.

Given Fulham's relative safety in the Premier League, it would be worthwhile putting everything into this tie in order to provide the fans a fun cup run.

With the number of big clubs experiencing a down year, it could even be a good opportunity for an unusual winner of the competition, which Fulham could position themselves as with a win in this game.

But Sunderland are in solid form and have become difficult to beat, so this may not be as straightforward as Sutton has predicted.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/chris-sutton-issues-sunderland-fa-cup-prediction-ahead-of-fulham-cup-clash/

WhiteJC

Fulham hoping to seal seven-figure transfer deal as midfielder is linked with exit

Latest news on the transfer front involving Fulham as they some additions

Fulham are reportedly working on a deal to sign Torino midfielder Sasa Lukic before the end of the January transfer window. The Cottagers are keen to land the Serbia international to bolster their options in the middle of the park.

According to reporter Fabrizio Romano on Twitter (see below), Marco Silva's side are 'insisting' on a deal after lodging a €8million bid earlier this week. He has been playing in Italy since 2016 but could now have a Premier League switch on the horizon if the Whites can get their man.

Lukic played with Aleksandar Mitrovic at Partizan when they were both youngsters and they have been Serbia teammates over recent years. He has made 161 appearances for Torino in all competitions to date and has scored 14 goals.

It could be a case of one midfielder incoming and one heading out with Nathaniel Chalobah linked with Championship play-off hopefuls West Brom. However, BirminghamLive claim although the Baggies are interested, Fulham are 'reluctant' to let him leave at this moment in time as he provides depth to the squad. Josh Onomah seems a more likely option to leave this winter.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-hoping-to-seal-seven-figure-transfer-deal-whilst-midfielder-is-linked-with-exit-4004398

WhiteJC

Kurzawa eyes Cup run
Layvin Kurzawa admits his goal in Fulham's third round victory over Hull City has whetted the appetite for an FA Cup run.

The French full back opened the scoring with a predatory strike at the MKM Stadium and he is hoping to continue his golascoring exploits against Sunderland at Craven Cottage tomorrow. Kurzawa, on loan from PSG, told the club's official website:

"I was very, very happy to score and win with the team. It was my first time with Fulham. I hope tomorrow we can win again and if I can score, I will be very happy. All my career I have scored so many goals but it's not my first job. My first job is to defend and help the team.

"It's a big game for us and for Sunderland. The FA Cup is a big cup but tomorrow we need to win and progress. I'm happy progress my family will be there for the first time so I need to enjoy it and win tomorrow. Big crowd, big stadium, very good atmosphere. We just need to win and enjoy. Win, win, win, win, win."

The France international admits he is enjoying life in London and at Fulham specifically having started to feature in the first team more regularly after overcoming his injury worries.

"I feel very good here. London, Fulham, is a very good area. My family – we feel good here. I've waited for this moment since a long time. Now I play, not every game but I try to enjoy when I play. It was my first ninety minutes [against Newcastle] for a long time. We played against a very strong team, so I was very happy."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/01/kurzawa-eyes-cup-run/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva hoping for two new Fulham signings before end of transfer window

Marco Silva is hoping to add two new players to his Fulham squad before the January transfer window closes.

The Cottagers have exceeded all expectations in the Premier League this season and currently sit in seventh place, two points above Liverpool and Chelsea.

However, Fulham boss Silva still wants to welcome new additions at Craven Cottage before Tuesday, although he would not reveal who he was targeting.

"(I am hoping we will sign) two players, probably two players," Silva said.

"If you ask me if I'm thinking we are close to finishing something, we should be because a few more days and the market is going to close.

"We should be closer, and we hope that we can do something before the end of the market.

"Probably some players they can go and probably two players they should come and they should sign deals before the end of the market, but we will see and we can hope."

Fulham host Sunderland in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday looking to return to winning ways after two successive 1-0 defeats in the Premier League against Newcastle and Tottenham.

Silva insisted his team will take the match against the Sky Bet Championship side seriously having already beaten Hull in the third round.

"It's our ambition to do well definitely in the FA Cup," Silva said.

"(It's) a really important competition for all clubs but, when we are looking for ourselves, it is a competition that we are going to do our best to go through in.

"Of course it is a special one and it's something that I have mentioned for our players, the first time we played against Hull and tomorrow will be the same way.

"We will prepare this one like we prepared the one in the Premier League and it's the same way that we have prepared ourselves and for us it's really important."

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/footballsoccer/2023/01/27/news/marco_silva_hoping_for_two_new_fulham_signings_before_end_of_transfer_window-3022743/

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on signing Sasa Lukic

Fulham are reportedly closing in on signing Sasa Lukic after Serie A outfit Torino got a replacement in place for the 26-year-old midfielder.

According to Tutto Mercato Web, Fulham are inching closer to signing Sasa Lukic from Torino before the transfer deadline. The Serbian midfielder is reportedly keen on the move, and the Serie A outfit are getting closer to signing a replacement this month.

A transfer domino involving Fulham and Torino may see a conclusion in the coming days. The Cottagers have wanted to bring 26-year-old Serie A midfielder Sasa Lukic to Craven Cottage. But any move hinged on Torino getting a replacement before the transfer deadline.

They have managed to find one on Lukic's compatriot Ivan Ilic, who plays for Hellas Verona. Ilic was close to joining Marseille. The French giants had a deal reportedly agreed with Hellas Verona, but the move was only supposed to happen in the summer. However, Torino have swooped in late and managed to hijack the transfer.

Ilic's potential arrival in Turin could pave the way for Lukic to seal his transfer with Fulham hot on his heels. As reported earlier, the Cottagers were to make an €8 million bid for the 26-year-old midfielder. The offer is significantly lower than his market value listed on Transfermarkt.

Moreover, they were willing to offer around €2 million per season in net salary to the Serb. Whether or not that offer would suffice the midfielder remains the question. But it might see Fulham inch closer to bringing him to England. Meanwhile, Fulham are also closing in on a loan deal for Arsenal defender Cedric Soares.

The Cottagers have given themselves a good chance to finish in European places after a stellar start to life since returning to the Premier League. Fulham are keen to bolster their midfield and bring Lukic to cover for or complement Joao Palinha. Torino might accept their offer. But the Serie A outfit might go back and forth a bit to get a better deal with the Cottagers.

Lukic would significantly improve the squad and the midfield department ahead of a busy period for Fulham. Marco Silva will be a satisfied manager if he can conclude this move and that of a new right-back before the window shuts.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/01/27/fulham-closing-in-on-signing-sasa-lukic/

WhiteJC

Pre-Sunderland Press Conference

In the pre-match press briefing, a number of journalists asked Marco Silva if Fulham's position in the Premier League table means he will be targeting a strong FA Cup campaign.

"It's definitely our ambition to do well in the FA Cup," he confirmed. "A historic competition, a really important competition for all the clubs, but mainly we are looking for ourselves.

"It's a competition that myself as a manager, and our players, we are going to do our best to go through in the competition and keep all the ambition to do our best.

"Of course it's a special one, and I've mentioned that to our players. It was the first time when we played against Hull City, and this will be the same.

"We are preparing the game like we prepared the previous ones for the Premier League. For us, it's really important."

Sunderland arrive at Craven Cottage having lost only one of their previous seven matches, as they chase a Play-Off spot in the Championship.

"It's always a really tough game in this situation," Silva said. "It doesn't matter if you are facing Premier League sides, Championship sides, League One sides, whatever it is, it's always really special – their ambition, their desire. I think everyone will understand when the game starts.

"A big number of fans follow their team as well. All of us know how Sunderland is as a football club, and when they are in a good moment how they can be really well supported by their fans.

"Tomorrow we are going to feel that we are playing an FA Cup match against a club with a great fanbase, and a squad that wants to come here and do their best to go through in the competition.

"It's up to us to play at our very best because our desire and our ambition is really to play the next round."

Our Round Three victory saw Layvin Kurzawa and Dan James come into the starting XI, and they took full advantage by scoring the goals that secured our progression.

And our meeting with the Black Cats could present another opportunity for some members of the squad to stake a claim.

"Some players are deserving their chance, definitely," Silva explained. "For me, it makes sense. Of course, like I said before, it is a really important competition for us.

"We rotated the players against Hull away from home, and some players performed well, some players got that chance, and probably again it's a moment for us to see some performances, see some pop up.

"Some are deserving more minutes as well, and it will be a moment for some of them to start the game."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/january/27/pre-sunderland-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Midfielder appears to confirm Fulham made offer after reports of Silva's side bidding €20m for him

Earlier this week, we covered reports from the Brazilian media which said Fulham placed a bid for Fluminense midfielder André.

It was claimed by a couple of outlets that the Whites tried to sign the player on a €20m deal, and the bid was turned down by the Tricolor, who are not interested in selling him.

Fluminense played on Thursday evening, and after the match, André was asked about Fulham's attempt to sign him. In fact, the question was if the bid from England was real. The player first had a discreet smile, and tried to dodge the question.

"Obviously I'm focused and very happy, I just renewed my contract until 2026. That's what matters. It's normal to get a proposal," said André (via Globo Esporte).

"Even because our team ended the season well. Not just for me, but it must have arrived for Cano, Arias and everyone who ended up on a high. I'm focused here on Fluminense and that it's an excellent season."

Then the player was once again quizzed if the bid existed, and he appeared to confirm it by nodding his head.

Fluminense seem to be ambitious regarding André's future, since €20m is a pretty good amount for a midfielder, considering that Vasco da Gama, Palmeiras and Flamengo made less when selling Andrey Santos, Danilo and João Gomes to Chelsea, Nottingham Forest and Wolverhampton Wanderers this month.

It's unclear if a bigger bid from Fulham would convince the Tricolor to sell the player, since local reports don't say how much the Brazilian side demand for a deal.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/midfielder-appears-confirm-fulham-made-offer-reports-silvas-side-bidding-e20m/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic injury update as Fulham boss Marco Silva gives verdict on Sunderland ahead of FA Cup tie

Fulham boss Marco Silva says top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic is available for selection ahead of The Cottagers' FA Cup tie against Sunderland.

The Serbian striker, who has scored 11 Premier League goals this season, left the field with an ankle issue during Monday's 1-0 defeat against Tottenham at Craven Cottage.

Yet while admitting he will make some changes like against Hull in the previous round, Silva says the FA Cup remains important for his side.

"Some players deserve their chance, definitely," said the Fulham boss when asked about rotation. "We rotated against Hull away from home and performed well. It's a moment for us to see more minutes from some players.

"It's our ambition to do well in the FA Cup, a historic competition that's really important for all clubs. Myself as a manager and our players will do our best to go through."

Sunderland are set to be backed by another strong away following in West London and should be full of confidence following last week's 2-0 win over Middlesbrough - a result which moved Tony Mowbray's side to within a point of the Championship play-offs places.

When asked about the Black Cats, Silva replied: "They're really well-supported and tomorrow we'll feel that we're playing an FA Cup match against a club with a great fan base and a squad of players who want to do well in the competition."

Fulham are seventh in the Premier League table with 31 points, despite back-to-back league defeats against Newcastle and Tottenham.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/aleksandar-mitrovic-injury-update-as-fulham-boss-marco-silva-gives-verdict-on-sunderland-ahead-of-fa-cup-tie-4004574

WhiteJC

Sunderland's Patrick Roberts looks ahead to his return to Fulham in the FA Cup this weekend

Patrick Roberts started his career at Fulham, and is set to line up against them in the fourth round of the cup tomorrow

Patrick Roberts is looking forward to returning to Fulham with Sunderland in the FA Cup - almost eight years after he lined up for the Cottagers against the Black Cats in the same competition. Sunderland head to Craven Cottage tomorrow to take on Marco Silva's Premier League side in the fourth round of the cup, having overcome League One Shrewsbury Town earlier this month to reach this stage.

But back in February 2015, Sunderland were the top flight side taking on Championship Fulham in South West London in the fourth round. Sunderland won 3-1 that day, and Roberts came on as a late substitute for Fulham - the club where he began his career - just a couple of days shy of his 18th birthday.

Roberts joined Manchester City at the end of that season and his career has since included loan stays at Celtic, Girona, Norwich City, Middlesbrough, Derby County, and Troyes, before he arrived at Sunderland 12 months ago. He has been back to Craven Cottage only once since leaving in the summer of 2015, losing 1-0 there in the Championship with Boro in January 2020, and this weekend's game will be a welcome return to the club that gave him his big break.

"It's been a long time since I've been back - I've been back maybe once in seven or eight years [since leaving]," said Roberts. "It's where I grew up playing, and they were the first club to give me an opportunity to start my career.

"I know what the place is like, I know what the fans are like, and it will be a good game of football between a team that is doing well in the Premier League and a team like us that is gradually doing better and better with every game. It should be a good tie and I'm looking forward to it.

"I don't really remember a lot of it because it was so long ago and time passes by so quickly. When you do get the opportunity to go back, it rekindles those memories in your head.

"I started my career there and I'm forever grateful to them for that. I started my journey there but I'm at an even bigger club now and I'm enjoying it and I want to carry on in that same kind of way."

The cup game gives Sunderland some respite from their Championship campaign, with Roberts adding: "I think it will be a good test. We need it, because you go from Championship games where everything gets a bit nervy because winning and losing is so important, but in the FA Cup you can take a step back.

"It's a week off the fixtures in the league and you can go and enjoy it at a different place, a different venue, and some of the lads have maybe not played at a Premier League ground so it will be good for that. We'll take it in our stride and enjoy it and hopefully get the win."

Sunderland beat another of Roberts' old clubs Boro last weekend, with the midfielder providing an assist for Amad for the second goal at the Stadium of Light and also delivering the pass which set Ross Stewart away in the incident that led to the striker earning a penalty and the visitors being reduced to ten men. He said: "It was a good game - a tough game for us against a good team with good momentum under a new manager.

"But at our place we like to get our fans out of their seats and play good football against a team that is similar to us in style of play, and we came out on top."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderlands-patrick-roberts-looks-ahead-26092304

WhiteJC

Silva seeks two new signings
Fulham head coach Marco Silva wants to make two new signings before the end of the January transfer window.

The Whites are believed to be close to bringing in Arsenal full back Cedric Soares on loan and have agreed personal terms with Torino midfielder Sasa Lukic ahead of a proposed £7m move.

Silva, who wouldn't be drawn on the identities of the potential new arrivals, told his press conference at Motspur Park this afternoon:

"[I am hoping we will sign] two players, probably two players. If you ask me if I'm thinking we are close to finishing something, we should be because a few more days and the market is going to close.

"We should be closer, and we hope that we can do something before the end of the market. Probably some players they can go and probably two players they should come and they should sign deals before the end of the market, but we will see and we can hope."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/01/silva-seeks-two-new-signings/

WhiteJC

'FA Cup is really important,' says Silva
Marco Silva insists Fulham's better than expected performances in the Premier League doesn't mean that they will be taking the FA Cup lightly.

The Fulham head coach insists the world's oldest club cup competition is very important and wants his side to go as far as possible in this season's edition. Silva told his pre-match press conference this afternoon:

"It's definitely our ambition to do well in the FA Cup. A historic competition, a really important competition for all the clubs, but mainly we are looking for ourselves. It's a competition that myself as a manager, and our players, we are going to do our best to go through in the competition and keep all the ambition to do our best.

Of course it's a special one, and I've mentioned that to our players. It was the first time when we played against Hull City, and this will be the same. We are preparing the game like we prepared the previous ones for the Premier League. For us, it's really important."

Silva knows that Fulham can't take progress for granted with the Whites facing in-form Sunderland, who will be backed by a massive travelling support at Craven Cottage, tomorrow afternoon.

"It's always a really tough game in this situation. It doesn't matter if you are facing Premier League sides, Championship sides, League One sides, whatever it is, it's always really special – their ambition, their desire. I think everyone will understand when the game starts.

A big number of fans follow their team as well. All of us know how Sunderland is as a football club, and when they are in a good moment how they can be really well supported by their fans. Tomorrow we are going to feel that we are playing an FA Cup match against a club with a great fanbase, and a squad that wants to come here and do their best to go through in the competition. It's up to us to play at our very best because our desire and our ambition is really to play the next round."

The Fulham boss hinted that he may include some fringe players in the starting line-up against the Black Cats.

"Some players are deserving their chance, definitely. For me, it makes sense. Of course, like I said before, it is a really important competition for us. We rotated the players against Hull away from home, and some players performed well, some players got that chance, and probably again it's a moment for us to see some performances, see some pop up. Some are deserving more minutes as well, and it will be a moment for some of them to start the game."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/01/fa-cup-is-really-important-says-silva/

WhiteJC

Fulham transfer news: Marco Silva pushing for two signings before January window deadline

Sasa Lukic and Cedric Soares on the radar ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline

Fulham manager Marco Silva is aiming to add two players to his squad before the January transfer window closes on Tuesday.

The Cottagers have exceeded all expectations in the Premier League this season and currently sit in seventh place, two points above Liverpool and Chelsea.

However, Fulham boss Silva still wants to welcome new additions at Craven Cottage before Tuesday, although he would not reveal who he was targeting.

"(I am hoping we will sign) two players, probably two players," Silva said.

"If you ask me if I'm thinking we are close to finishing something, we should be because a few more days and the market is going to close.

"We should be closer, and we hope that we can do something before the end of the market.

"Probably some players they can go and probably two players they should come and they should sign deals before the end of the market, but we will see and we can hope."

Fulham host Sunderland in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday looking to return to winning ways after two successive 1-0 defeats in the Premier League against Newcastle and Tottenham.

Silva insisted his team will take the match against the Sky Bet Championship side seriously having already beaten Hull in the third round.

"It's our ambition to do well definitely in the FA Cup," Silva said.

"(It's) a really important competition for all clubs but, when we are looking for ourselves, it is a competition that we are going to do our best to go through in.

"Of course it is a special one and it's something that I have mentioned for our players, the first time we played against Hull and tomorrow will be the same way.

"We will prepare this one like we prepared the one in the Premier League and it's the same way that we have prepared ourselves and for us it's really important."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fc-transfer-news-lukic-cedric-2023-b1056197.html

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Sunderland injury news as seven players ruled out and two doubtful

A look at all the latest injury news regarding both Fulham and Sunderland

Fulham return to FA Cup action this weekend at home to Sunderland. The Cottagers beat Hull City 2-0 away at the MKM Stadium in the third round.

Tony Mowbray's side make the trip down to London in decent form so will be tough opponents for the Whites. Here is a look at the latest injury news regarding both clubs...

Fulham are without winger Neeskens Kebano as he is out with a long-term Achilles injury. He made 12 league appearances earlier this season.

They have been sweating over the fitness of key striker Aleksandar Mitrovic after he took a blow to his ankle last time out against Tottenham Hotspur. However, Silva has revealed he is fit, as per BBC Sport.

The FA Cup gives Silva the chance to shake-up his starting XI. Tom Cairney, Carlos Vinicius, Tosin Adarabioyo, Marek Rodak and Layvin Kurzawa all got starts in the last round.

As for Sunderland, they have a host of players unavailable. Midfielder Corry Evans has suffered an ACL injury which will see him out of action until the end of the campaign. Lydon Gooch has a hip issue and sat out against Middlesbrough last time out. Luke O'Nien is still suspended, whilst Dennis Cirkin and Alex Pritchard are also missing.

The Black Cats have won the race to sign Leeds United striker Joe Gelhardt on loan but he is cup tied. Fellow recent recruit Pierre Ekwah can play after joining from West Ham earlier this week and left-backs Niall Huggins and Aji Alese will both be assessed.

OUT: Kebano (Fulham), Evans (Sunderland), Gooch (Sunderland), Gelhardt (Sunderland), O'Nien (Sunderland), Pritchard (Sunderland), Cirkin (Sunderland)

DOUBTS: Huggins (Sunderland), Alese (Sunderland)

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-vs-sunderland-injury-news-as-seven-players-ruled-out-and-x-doubtful-4004713

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Silva hopeful of two new signings

Fulham boss Marco Silva says he hopes the club will bring in two new signings before the transfer window closes on Tuesday night.

Silva's side visit Chelsea next Friday and he hopes to have a new right-back and a central midfielder in his squad for the trip to Stamford Bridge.

Fulham are close to finalising a loan deal with Arsenal for defender Cedric Soares to provide competition for Kenny Tete and Silva wants to bolster his midfield options behind Joao Palhinha and Harrison Reed.

The club are keen to offload Josh Onomah and Nathan Chalobah before Tuesday's 11pm (GMT) cut-off and Silva is keen for his squad to keep evolving to maintain their excellent return to the Premier League.

"We are close to finishing something and we hope we can do something before the end of the market," Silva said.

"Some players can go, and two players we hope can come in."

The Whites take on Sunderland in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday at Craven Cottage with Silva likely to make changes to his side – with Harry Wilson, Manor Solomon, Tom Cairney and Marek Rodak all set to start.

Striker Carlos Vinicius is in line to lead the attack with Aleksandar Mitrovic to drop to the bench or be rested for the weekend after suffering another knock to his troublesome ankle in the defeat by Spurs on Monday.

"Some players from our last game will be involved," Silva said.

"Some players are deserving of their chance and while it's an important competition, we gave players the chance to play against Hull in the last round and they did well.

"We are going to do our best to win the competition. It is special and something that I mentioned to our players when we played Hull.

"We have to be at our best."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-boss-silva-hopeful-of-two-new-signings

WhiteJC

Torino boss makes Sasa Lukic exit claim as Fulham make £7m midfielder bid

Sasa Lukic is a 'very strong player' but Torino will adapt if the Serbia international leaves to join Fulham in the Premier League, Serie A coach Ivan Juric tells Tuttomercatoweb.

Last summer, Il Granata lost Italy's 2022 Defender of the Year to local rivals Juventus for an eye-watering sum of £42.5 million. Not that you'd know it. Torino are arguably better without Bremer than they were with the Brazil international, a team who finished tenth last season currently flying high in eighth.

And this gives Juric confidence that, if Lukic does depart before next week's transfer deadline, Torino can keep plugging along in the top half of the table.

"Lukic is a very strong player. I consider him really strong because he combines the two phases (defensive and attacking). Tough, intelligent," says Juric, linked with the Southampton job before Nathan Jones took over from Ralph Hasenhuttl at St Mary's.

"I'm sorry that things don't go the way I would like. There are these difficulties with (contract) renewals. Let's see how things evolve, based on what the boy wants. We don't just need to replace (him), but add to those who I think are good."

Fulham are offering £7m for Torino and Serie A ace Sasa Lukic
Lukic, formerly the Torino captain, is due to become a free-agent in just 18 months' time. And the 26-year-old is reportedly reluctant to put pen to paper on a new deal.

"I would always like him here, but there are different dynamics. A younger boy could arrive (to replace him). Sometimes it's even right (to sell), as happened with Bremer," Juric adds.

"We'll manage, I think."

According to Fabrizio Romano, Fulham have submitted an opening bid of £7 million. Lukic impressed for Serbia at the Qatar World Cup. He has spent the last seven years in Serie A, and is open to a new challenge in England.

Fulham, targeting a new right-back as well as a midfielder, are also keen on Fluminense's Brazilian youngster Andre Trindade. It is believed, however, that Financial Fair Play concerns make a January arrival unlikely with Andre valued in excess of £17 million.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/01/27/torino-boss-makes-sasa-lukic-exit-claim-as-fulham-make-7m-midfielder-bid/

WhiteJC

Cedric Soares Arsenal transfer development as Fulham wage details explained

Arsenal transfer latest on Cedric Soares during the January window

Fulham are hopeful of completing a loan deal for Cedric Soares from Arsenal in the coming days, LondonWorld understands. The Cottagers have identified Cedric as an ideal acquisition due to his experience and versatility.

It's understood that Fulham will cover the entirety of Cedric's wages during his time at Craven Cottage, but the deal doesn't include an obligation to purchase the right back. However, Fulham need to make Shane Duffy's loan from Brighton a permanent deal before they complete the move for Cedric as their second loan.

Marco Silva confirmed on Friday that he is still hoping to sign two players before Tuesday's transfer deadline.

"(I am hoping we will sign) two players, probably two players," Silva said. "If you ask me if I'm thinking we are close to finishing something, we should be because a few more days and the market is going to close.

"We should be closer, and we hope that we can do something before the end of the market. Probably some players they can go and probably two players they should come and they should sign deals before the end of the market, but we will see and we can hope."

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/arsenal/cedric-soares-arsenal-transfer-development-and-fulham-wage-details-4004904

WhiteJC

West Brom: Nathaniel Chalobah move is off

West Brom won't be completing the signing of Fulham midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah in the January transfer window, according to journalist Lewis Cox.

The Lowdown: Chalobah linked with Baggies move

The 28-year-old barely played a part in the Cottagers' Premier League campaign since their return to the top flight, starting just one match in the competition this season.

Chalobah has been strongly linked with a move to West Brom recently, with Carlos Corberan seemingly seeing him as someone who could aid their Championship promotion push.

With the January window closing next Tuesday, though, an emphatic update has emerged regarding the player's future.

The Latest: Transfer won't be happening
Taking to Twitter, The Express & Star's Cox claimed contrary to the rumours that Chalobah would be going nowhere this month:

"Nathaniel Chalobah has been of interest to #wba this month but I'm told this morning he is unavailable and reports he is set for The Hawthorns are wide of (the) mark."

The Verdict: Would've great a strong signing
This is a blow for West Brom, considering Chalobah could have been someone who added experience and class to the midfield, averaging 1.6 tackles and 1.4 interceptions per game in his last full season with Watford, also scoring three goals.

The now Fulham outcast also has a senior England cap to his name, not to mention winning a whopping 40 caps for the Under-21s and being called 'incredible' by journalist Paul Taylor during his younger days.

Instead, it could be wise for the Baggies to turn to an alternative in the coming days, with that extra injection of quality of midfield something that could make or break their hopes of returning to the Premier League.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/west-brom-news/west-brom-championship-nathaniel-chalobah-transfer-news-updates/

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in Andre

Fulham have reportedly expressed an interest in signing 21-year-old Fluminense enforcer Andre in the final days of the January transfer window, but a summer move looks more likely.

Fulham are in the market to bolster their midfield ranks. And an Evening Standard report has suggested that the Cottagers are hot on the heels of Torino midfielder Sasa Lukic. But they are also intrigued by the prospect of acquiring highly-rated Brazilian destroyer André from Fluminense.

The Cottagers are currently enjoying a remarkable first year back in the Premier League, as they have accumulated 31 points from 21 games to sit in seventh position in the standings.

As things stand, they will be eligible to play European football next summer, which is a crazy idea from Fulham fans' perspective, who have watched their team bounce back and forth between the top tier and the Championship, becoming a notorious banter "yo-yo" club in years gone by.

Harrison Reed and Joao Palhinha have formed an effective relationship in the double pivot behind attacking midfielder Andreas Pereira, with the latter two only moving to West London in the summer. However, experienced top-flight alternatives to the trio are in short supply, with Nathaniel Chalobah and Tom Cairney each making only one start.

Having made 11 first-team additions in the previous transfer window, Marco Silva has yet to sign a player since the turn of the year. As such, they appear to be closing in on their first winter signing in the form of Torino midfielder Sasa Lukic, having tabled an offer worth €8 million plus €2 million in bonuses for Aleksandar Mitrovic's compatriot.

Torino have now sealed the deal for Verona midfielder Ivan Ilic. And this will allow Lukic to fly to west London in the coming hours. However, it appears Silva is keen on welcoming even further midfield reinforcements, with Fluminense's Andre on their radar.

Primarily a holding midfielder, the 21-year-old has played plenty of senior football for his age and may be ready for the new chapter in Europe, having already racked up over 100 senior appearances for the Rio de Janeiro outfit.

He is at ease in a deep-lying central midfield role as a tireless midfield workhorse. But Andre is more than your typical ball-winner. The youngster likes to demand the ball and dictate the play with those slick, rangy passes or mazy runs.

Fulham already have a strong contingent of Brazilian stars like Andreas Pereira and Willian, so the move may well appeal to Andre. His commanding displays in the middle of the park have garnered interest from the likes of Liverpool, Barcelona, and Ajax over the last 12 months. So this could be a bit of a coup for Fulham.

That said, it is highly unlikely the Cottagers will be able to secure a late-winter swoop for Andre. Fluminense have no intention of selling their prized asset this month, as reaffirmed recently by president Mario Bittencourt. This is the kind of deal you can expect Fulham to follow up again at the end of the campaign. And they are currently laying the early foundations.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/01/27/fulham-interested-in-andre/