watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Conundrum

Started by General, January 28, 2023, 04:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

If you believe reports we're going for two CMs both of whom could be starters.

Saska lukic this window and if believed Andre in the summer. Both at different stages of their career whilst also being considered starter's at their current clubs, with lukic captain for Torino.

So how does it work if we do get both alongside having palhinha and Reed?

Are we tactically going to be changing things or with the five subs rule is rotation and using the squad as a way of levelling up and being ambitious on multiple fronts what we're aiming for?

Finnans Right Peg

I think the one main thing for me is that in the midfield positions we are only an injury or two from disaster and that needs to be addressed, which is what we seem to be doing

Asotosyios

I don't think we will be changing that much. It's about competition for places, squad depth and raising the quality level.

I Ronic

I think there are two big headaches a manager can have. Not enough players and too many.
I also think there's a little kidology going on around transfer windows. I want player A but I'll talk to player B so A focuses abit more.

Tabby

We haven't been making as many subs as we could have this season. With the new 5 subs system there is much more of a need for competition, putting on a player who is as good as the one starting but with fresh legs around 70 minutes could be huge.

We don't really have that kind of depth anywhere other than for wingers.

TC's Sporran

are players coming in happy to be used as just a sub or cover?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: General on January 28, 2023, 04:40:40 AM

If you believe reports we're going for two CMs both of whom could be starters.

Saska lukic this window and if believed Andre in the summer. Both at different stages of their career whilst also being considered starter's at their current clubs, with lukic captain for Torino.

So how does it work if we do get both alongside having palhinha and Reed?

Are we tactically going to be changing things or with the five subs rule is rotation and using the squad as a way of levelling up and being ambitious on multiple fronts what we're aiming for?

I think the club are planning ahead. Both Reed and TC have contracts which expire in 2024 (with club options), so if you can bring in 2 quality CM players now, then great. Gives them both time to acclimate to the league while getting a head start for 2023 - 24 season and beyond.

itombomb

The other planning is if in 12-18 months you get a big offer from someone for Palhinha.

But what it means this season if we were to get both is that Reed gets dropped for Lukic, while Andre is used sparingly off the bench over the rest of the season as he gets used to the speed and intensity of European football.