News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: What goes in your perfect cooked breakfast?

Started by Somerset Fulham, January 28, 2023, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

Just don't get either beans or tomatoes at breakfast. Huge fan of scrambled eggs ,black pudding , bacon , Cumberland sausages and brown sauce - exactly what I had mid morning before driving up for today's game

TC's Sporran

i think if you walk past a doctors surgery nowadays you are classed borderline type 2 diabetic. i am.
after 2 emergency hospital visits it became apparent that quaffing vodka like water and eating lard etc wasnt gonna let me live to a ripe old age. my older brother was an alcoholic for 20 years. i thought i was. and then i tried to cut out vodka totally and limit myself to the odd can every other day.  found it easy. yes life is a bit more boring but you get used to it. i can go in pubs and have a shandy or two whereas before it was full steam ahead until you reach oblivion. i realise some people cant stop. but i was told stop or suffer the consequences. 

i looked at that charing cross feet.  with my feet i struggle to bend my toes. so i wondered if dr google could pin that one on me. if anything i have too much calcium in me and i get calcification of joints with nerve impingement.
im 62 this year.
isnt old age fantastic?
an older  pal said recently its like you are floating in a big sink. on the edge.  you pull  the plug out and start swirling round and round slowly getting faster and faster as you near the middle.  he said now he feels like he is on the edge of the whirlpool spinning round and round about to start being sucked under.

im gonna start swimming more often.

TC's Sporran

lincolnshire sausages.
but not overdone with the herbs and spices.
if you havent tried them  and like cumberlands have a go with lincs.

Luka

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 28, 2023, 08:00:41 PM
i think if you walk past a doctors surgery nowadays you are classed borderline type 2 diabetic. i am.
after 2 emergency hospital visits it became apparent that quaffing vodka like water and eating lard etc wasnt gonna let me live to a ripe old age. my older brother was an alcoholic for 20 years. i thought i was. and then i tried to cut out vodka totally and limit myself to the odd can every other day.  found it easy. yes life is a bit more boring but you get used to it. i can go in pubs and have a shandy or two whereas before it was full steam ahead until you reach oblivion. i realise some people cant stop. but i was told stop or suffer the consequences. 

i looked at that charing cross feet.  with my feet i struggle to bend my toes. so i wondered if dr google could pin that one on me. if anything i have too much calcium in me and i get calcification of joints with nerve impingement.
im 62 this year.
isnt old age fantastic?
an older  pal said recently its like you are floating in a big sink. on the edge.  you pull  the plug out and start swirling round and round slowly getting faster and faster as you near the middle.  he said now he feels like he is on the edge of the whirlpool spinning round and round about to start being sucked under.

im gonna start swimming more often.

I can relate to almost all of this, except for the bit where I am still drinking like a fish. Will go dry in February to kick start some ultra marathon training and to prove to myself that I can do it. 

The whirlpool analogy is a really bloody good one though.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Luka on January 28, 2023, 08:07:20 PM
Hot Sauce.....especially on the eggs.

I once had some chilli black pudding.  Now I love a bit of spice but its never appealed to me to have it on a breakfast but this stuff was absolutely amazing!

I have an entire section of my fridge devoted to some of the hottest stuff around but I still can't get my head around having it on a brekkie!

bobbo

Weetabix ,  cornflakes and mateys —— in milk — healthy
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southcoastffc

Tea
Toast, with proper salted butter
Porridge, made with 50/50 water and milk, with a nip of whisky
Black pudding
Poached egg
Smashed avocado
Lincolnshire sausage
Thick sliced back bacon
Then back to bed 😴

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ianthailand

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 28, 2023, 02:35:05 PM
I usually have a bottle of red, with a scotch stiffener
Try the little blue pill if you want a stiffener mate.