News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Fulham 1-1 Sunderland (FA Cup)

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 28, 2023, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

All your thoughts about today's 1-1 draw with Sunderland in the FA Cup.

Sgt Fulham

About as exciting as a 1-1 draw gets. Both extremely lucky not to lose that, and extremely unlucky not to win it. Let's go into the replay full strength, they've earned that respect.

sunburywhite

I love watching Tony Mowbrays expressions, they are priceless
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Dodgin

Somerset Fulham

A good game with what was mostly our second string, and if Diop hadn't cocked up we would have gone through.

Looking forward to the replay.

fulhamfever

Negatives
Parker ball is back
I don't know why our centre backs both look scared of the ball.
Becoming predicable with our final ball, crossing the ball in blindly.
Harry Wilson ain't going to cut it at Premier League level

Positives
Manor Solomon looked promising today
Cairney well taken goal
We are still in the cup

terryr

Our passing out from the back was shocking today. Going forward we seem addicted to passing back again into the feet of opposing forwards.
The Sunderland support roared every time we started the tippy tapping at the back as they could sense we would mess it up as we messed around.

Woolly Mammoth

Now that the team are going to have to travel all the way up there, they had better make sure they
finish the job.
Otherwise it's a long way home when you lose, plus i want Fulham to
have a good run in the FA Cup.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Thought whilst Cairney's 'twinkle toes' and goal were the obvious highlight in a dominant but still disjointed display, my motm goes to Pereira who I felt didn't put a foot wrong the whole game and kept things ticking over.

An exciting game for the neutral, but with so many wholesale changes it was bound to be scrappy.

Sunderland are a form team, but whilst they threatened, it was a moment of being overly complacent from Diop that saw them score. A shame, as I think had Diop not given them that footing in the game it could've been a different outcome.

Tosin and Diop under a high press is squeaky bum time, they're too similar in the way they approach the game.

Solomon had a good cameo, showed sparks of potential but clearly still needs game time to get his eye in.

A few good chances for us, Mitro, Pereira's shot off the line etc - just need to be a bit more clinical. Sunderland played out of their skin I thought, will be interesting to see how they do in the Championship and with what seems to be a young talented squad.

The tie is still in our hands, though away this time, I think we'll be more on it after today and hope to see us progress.

Let's get through the rest of the transfer window, bring in a couple more players for competition and push on.

Mince n Tatties

Great Cup Tie,can't understand why people dont get up for it.
Terrific from both sides.
Think we might go up there and spank them.

Black, White and Fred

I know hindsight is 20-20, but if we didn't make so many changes we wouldn't have a replay now where we will need to rest players unlike today where we didn't really need too
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

StuinSalop

I am looking at the stats.

69% posession
22 shots
12 shots on target
5 big chances all missed

Sunderland buzzing and gave us a good game but with those stats we should have won comfortably

This is football.

demeant0r

Just saw Cairney's goal. What a moment if brilliance. With 12 shots on target though we really need to be scoring more than one.

Nightwind15

I played in the first match I ever saw!

Willham

Black and White Town

I don't think we played very well, loads of sloppy passes and general lack of intensity. Hope we up our performance for the replay.

Jims Dentist

The two twin towers are both really shaky without Ream alongside either one.
Not just defensively but passing out from the back
Tim's influence just can't  be underestimated.
Our build up play suffers when Harrison R is not playing, he quickens the pace as well as breaking up opponents breaks.

Mullers OG

Two brief points.

1/. We're still in the draw for the 5th round - and we might not have been.

2/. We saw today one of the great Fulham goals.

Deeping_white

Thought we were okay - Rodak honestly plays like he's being controlled by someone with a really dodgy internet connection as he takes about a million years to decide what to do and he kept spilling the ball today. It looked like we needed everything to go by Solomon to create chances because they were terrified of him when he ran at them. Kurzawa was so, so bad defensively, I'm not actually sure he made a tackle all game? He's essentially a wing back that needs 3 CB's to cover him being so far forward I think.

Thought TC struggled to impose himself in the first half but we collectively came out more aggressively in the second half and imposed ourselves much better. Shame Diop made the error as he was good other than that - Tosin was pretty rubbish I thought, he looked lost with the ball at his feet and did his trademark charge upfield to win the ball and got turned inside 10 mins today. With Ream and Robinson playing I don't think they score tbh.

Wilson was better today than he has been but nowhere near Wilson of last season. Got to be Willian and Solomon against Chelsea I think. Thought we also looked worse when Reed came on because we didn't have that true pivot of Palhinha in the middle but that's a minor thing as Silva went aggressive with his subs to win the game. Think we need those rumoured CM signings and we're golden, Cedric can be backup LB for any team that's remotely potent, Kurzawa is probably more suited to slow teams because he's not got Robinson's pace to recover anywhere near as well