watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we really care about the cup???

Started by Nightwind15, January 28, 2023, 05:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

Truthfully, our squad is not really staffed to play in all these extra affairs.  I, for one, am only interested in the league. Great season but the depth is not there yet to string the lads out with so many performances. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Steeeeeeeeeed

I would be happy with Mid Table (outside of the European qualifying around 9th-12th) if we made it to the cup final.

It does feel like one or the other to me is possible, and I would like another season without European distraction, and then get into that level next year

Nightwind15

I played in the first match I ever saw!

St Eve

Dan in Notts

Quote from: Nightwind15 on January 28, 2023, 05:49:26 PM
Truthfully, our squad is not really staffed to play in all these extra affairs.  I, for one, am only interested in the league. Great season but the depth is not there yet to string the lads out with so many performances. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Fair enough, but the cup's the thing for me, given we're fairly safe in the league. Will we win it? - probably not, but it's the biggest trophy we have a realistic chance of winning, and if we did it would be amongst my - probably my - lifetime best experience as a Fulham fan. I say, go for it - we've done a bunch of things I never thought would be possible for Fulham when I watched us drop through the divisions, and if we can turn in some good performances and ride our luck a bit it would be great to win something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elgreenio

Now that we're in a great position in the league we should be taking it very seriously.

Although the team today was more than good enough to win
touch my camera through the fence

Luka

We are not going to win the League.
We are very unlikely to get relegated.
We only have the cup to go at so yes we should care.

HV71

Quote from: Luka on January 28, 2023, 07:32:20 PM
We are not going to win the League.
We are very unlikely to get relegated.
We only have the cup to go at so yes we should care.

Agree 100%

filham

Had we had a good clean 3-0 win today I would be feeling much happier than I am right now but facing a long journey to Sunderland, tightly sandwiched between Premier league matches , I am wishing we were out of the cup.

legana

Yes, we aren't in a relegation scrap, so absolutely no reason not to do our best in the cup, where some good fortune with the draw and bigger teams eliminating each other is a great chance for a club in our position. I realise the manager has to keep his squad happy by playing a revised team but we don't play until Friday.

Whitestone

The FA Cup is a realistic opportunity for a trip to Wembley and Silvaware so only a loser would wish we were out of the cup. Still a long way to go but it's not an impossible dream. For those with short memories we managed to get to a major final in 2010 and there is no reason this team can't do the same.

Ashington White

copthornemike

In a great position in terms of avoiding relegation.
So why not a Cup run, and importantly I suspect Silva does too.
Surprised by the stats on how poor FFC and Silva have been in getting into the 5th round of the Cup.

H4usuallysitting

Isn't that why Arsenal are doing well in the league....only concentrating on one thing

Whitestone

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 28, 2023, 11:56:19 PM
Isn't that why Arsenal are doing well in the league....only concentrating on one thing

They're still in the Europa League.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on January 28, 2023, 10:05:56 PM
Had we had a good clean 3-0 win today I would be feeling much happier than I am right now but facing a long journey to Sunderland, tightly sandwiched between Premier league matches , I am wishing we were out of the cup.

I feel you worry too much and wrapping players up in cotton wool is counter productive.
One of the reasons you win matches is because of the adrenaline running through the players to go that extra mile, not cotton wool.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 28, 2023, 11:56:19 PM

No sir that is nothing to do with it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ianthailand

I think Marco took it seriously, the team put out was very strong. Admittedly not the strongest but a lot of experience and quality. Took us a long time to recover from Diop's blunder. We dominated midfield for most of the game without cutting out many chances. Good end to end game for us watching on stream and the hardy souls in the ground.