watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, January 28, 2023, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Firstly the match, frustring to say the least. I am afraid that Fulham have lost edge they had up to Chelsea. I understand that possession is important but Rodak to Tosin, Tosin to Diop, Diop to Rodak ad infinitude, is a bit monotonous and dangerous. On a positive note, what a player Manor Solomon is.

Secondly, huge thanks to the security staff who helped me. My blood sugar was very low and I was in a bit of trouble, they looked after me and I am very grateful

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Peabody on January 28, 2023, 07:16:27 PM
Firstly the match, frustring to say the least. I am afraid that Fulham have lost edge they had up to Chelsea. I understand that possession is important but Rodak to Tosin, Tosin to Diop, Diop to Rodak ad infinitude, is a bit monotonous and dangerous. On a positive note, what a player Manor Solomon is.

Secondly, huge thanks to the security staff who helped me. My blood sugar was very low and I was in a bit of trouble, they looked after me and I am very grateful
Take it easy! Football ain't a matter of life and death. Positive thoughts to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

St Eve

Be careful Peabody. Glad all is OK and thanks again for your always interesting report. Relax this weekend

Somerset Fulham

They aren't the nicest thing in the world, but always carry a small packet of Haribo with you when out and about, they can be lifesavers!

Glad the groundstaff looked after you though.

ron

Yes, take it easy Peabody, we need the Old Sod's Army to be up to fighting fitness!.....glad to hear all OK.

Peabody

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 28, 2023, 07:35:12 PM
They aren't the nicest thing in the world, but always carry a small packet of Haribo with you when out and about, they can be lifesavers!

Been a type 1 since 1969 and always carry dextrasol tablets

Peabody

Quote from: Mickeyboro on January 28, 2023, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: Peabody on January 28, 2023, 07:16:27 PM

Take it easy! Football ain't a matter of life and death. Positive thoughts to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am always positive, ask Dave W

davew

Take it easy Peabody!

Don't think I have ever seen you make a negative comment!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

Be careful Mr Peabody a lot of people look forward to your match day comments ....

Motspur

What I saw today was Rodak isn't a Premier League keeper as didn't hold on to many shots, attempts to punch crosses and is poor with his feet.

Solomon was disappointing in my eyes; light weight and first half didn't know able to defend when Sunderland attacked. Improved second half but no end product.

We missed Antonee Robinson; when his not playing I notice his absence so much with his all action in covering defence and joining attacks and taking opposition players with him.

Somewhat disappointed with Marco's substitutions in taking TC and Paulinha at the same time when we were dictating the game; once they went off I felt our dominance in seeking a winner decreased.

Finally I thought Sunderland were excellent when going forward and run some rings round some of our players at times. Big applause for Patrick Roberts who I thought was MOTM for his first half performance and then a few movements in the second half. Sunderland wanted to go forward with pace whenever they had the ball, whilst we dithered passing back too often and causing our own problems as a consequence.

I really enjoyed the end to end game and lived up to what the FA Cup is all about. Expect our replay to be on TV too.

TC's Sporran

Motspur i said on the match thread that after palhinha and cairney went off on 77 mins we only had 3 meaningful attacks in the next 13 mins. 
in the last few mins we had a few more as the game became stretched.
maybe silva wanted  to try and keep fresh his main d midfielder and his supersub

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Peabody on January 28, 2023, 07:41:10 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 28, 2023, 07:35:12 PM

Been a type 1 since 1969 and always carry dextrasol tablets

Ah you know more about it than I will then!

Motspur

Sorry TC Sporran I didn't see your post; but at least we had the same thoughts.

I did overlook mentioning that Harry and then BDR when he came on their first instinct/touch was to turn back to our goal rather than go forward; that's why I enjoyed seeing Sunderland's young players being brave in going forward. I think there's a few players in their team that should interest us.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Their goal keeper for starters. Immense, fabulous saves, kept them in the Cup with his performance. Enabled the replay @ their place.

bog

Take care Mr. Peabody. Good luck mate.  :54:

Peabody

Quote from: bog on January 28, 2023, 08:57:19 PM
Take care Mr. Peabody. Good luck mate.  :54:

Once I get the dextrasol in me I soon recover bog

Jonny4

A bit disappointing today overall - Sunderland probably should have won that with the clear cut chances that they created. I think we're in a bit of a rut that has somewhat been disguised by our wins over Chelsea and Leicester - the team looks a little flat, lacking in ideas up front and getting increasingly wobbly at the back.

In terms of today's game...

The Good
- 90 mins for Solomon is fantastic news. He showed glimpses of real quality at times, managing to get round the back with pace and skill on multiple occasions. He faded badly towards the end which is understandable, but I think he's the attacking spark we desperately need at the moment. Very pleased to see what he does from now until the end of the season.

- Tete - another class performance from Mr Reliable. He gets up and supports the attack, putting in some dangerous crosses, and is never beaten at the back (made some crucial interceptions today). We need some depth at the back, but I can't see Cedric taking his place in a rush if he joins.

- Cairney had another good game. He obviously took is goal wonderfully, but the overall sense of control and purpose he brings to our midfield is really welcome. Once he went off, along with Joao, we really lost all control of the game. I'd welcome Cairney starting ahead of Reed in the games against the weaker sides.   

- We didn't lose! We could have and probably should have lost today, but we didn't and that's a relief.

The Bad

- The Defence. Bar Tete the defence looked really poor, both individually and has a unit (bar Tete). Diop uncharacteristically sloppy on the ball for their goal, Rodak very shaky, Kurzawa looked very weak in the tackle and east to beat. Part of the issue was that Sunderland found it too easy to get at our back line, but we looked very shaky - just like earlier in the season.

- Harry Wilson. He's been poor all season and has never found his form since his injury. Today he was at least involved in some good moments, but his shooting is off, his passing not quite right, his decision making off. It's a shame because he was class last season, but he's really struggling at the moment.

- Mitrovic and the attack in general. There's another post about the team feeling "stale" of late and I agree. We do look like we're lacking ideas in attack at the moment - in particular Mitro is again looking slow and leggy. I thought he wasn't great today when he came on and didn't take the few moments that fell his way. Is he tired? Nursing an injury? Or not getting the service now? We had some good chances today, but it does feel like we've lost our edge up front as of late.

Overall a bit of a shame we couldn't win, we weren't awful today but it does compound a few worrying signs of late.

jarv

Mr Peabody, I always look for your just got back comments.  Take it easy and make sure they keep coming.

Rambler

Quote from: Jonny4 on January 28, 2023, 09:44:13 PM
A bit disappointing today overall - Sunderland probably should have won that with the clear cut chances that they created. I think we're in a bit of a rut that has somewhat been disguised by our wins over Chelsea and Leicester - the team looks a little flat, lacking in ideas up front and getting increasingly wobbly at the back.

In terms of today's game...

The Good
- 90 mins for Solomon is fantastic news. He showed glimpses of real quality at times, managing to get round the back with pace and skill on multiple occasions. He faded badly towards the end which is understandable, but I think he's the attacking spark we desperately need at the moment. Very pleased to see what he does from now until the end of the season.

- Tete - another class performance from Mr Reliable. He gets up and supports the attack, putting in some dangerous crosses, and is never beaten at the back (made some crucial interceptions today). We need some depth at the back, but I can't see Cedric taking his place in a rush if he joins.

- Cairney had another good game. He obviously took is goal wonderfully, but the overall sense of control and purpose he brings to our midfield is really welcome. Once he went off, along with Joao, we really lost all control of the game. I'd welcome Cairney starting ahead of Reed in the games against the weaker sides.   

- We didn't lose! We could have and probably should have lost today, but we didn't and that's a relief.

The Bad

- The Defence. Bar Tete the defence looked really poor, both individually and has a unit (bar Tete). Diop uncharacteristically sloppy on the ball for their goal, Rodak very shaky, Kurzawa looked very weak in the tackle and east to beat. Part of the issue was that Sunderland found it too easy to get at our back line, but we looked very shaky - just like earlier in the season.

- Harry Wilson. He's been poor all season and has never found his form since his injury. Today he was at least involved in some good moments, but his shooting is off, his passing not quite right, his decision making off. It's a shame because he was class last season, but he's really struggling at the moment.

- Mitrovic and the attack in general. There's another post about the team feeling "stale" of late and I agree. We do look like we're lacking ideas in attack at the moment - in particular Mitro is again looking slow and leggy. I thought he wasn't great today when he came on and didn't take the few moments that fell his way. Is he tired? Nursing an injury? Or not getting the service now? We had some good chances today, but it does feel like we've lost our edge up front as of late.

Overall a bit of a shame we couldn't win, we weren't awful today but it does compound a few worrying signs of late.

Fully agree with this. And a much more eloquent way of what I was trying to say in another thread.

RaySmith

Thanks for your report on the game, Peabody.

Glad you're all right.