watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland Travel

Started by Ashington White, January 28, 2023, 10:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashington White

The club have ways been good at incentivising people to travel for matches like this, to get as many Fulham fans there as possible.  I wonder what the chances are of putting on flights there and back in a night for the replay?  Am I being too unrealistic??

gang

Quote from: Ashington White on January 28, 2023, 10:06:23 PM
The club have ways been good at incentivising people to travel for matches like this, to get as many Fulham fans there as possible.  I wonder what the chances are of putting on flights there and back in a night for the replay?  Am I being too unrealistic??

Yes. 079.gif 079.gif

Ashington White

Did it for Middlesbrough away in 2007.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Ashington White on January 28, 2023, 10:06:23 PM

Free coach travel is probably the best you could hope for but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Ashington White

Just to clarify, I wasn't looking for free flights.

SP

I think it'll mainly be FFC's geriatric away army for this one.

Free coaches would be good but personally, I'd prefer any spare cash to be spent on the Cottage bogs.

Ashington White

Plus those looking to tick it off for the 92 club.

filham

The Putney end was full of Sunderland fans yesterday, we need to match that if possible.
It is a long ride by coach, be nice to fill a few aeroplanes.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Ashington White on January 29, 2023, 12:25:43 AM
I was on that flight, the Fulham Flyer. It was hit by lightning on take off (apparently it happens more often than you realise).  Was an omen for the disastrous match I think. Magath at his most awfulness - although he did play Dan Burn at fullback for the first time if I can remember, so maybe he was visionary after all!

Buffalo76

I'm sure there's a few southern based Sunderland fans. Can't imagine there's many FFC fans in or around Sunderland!

Ashington White

Quote from: The Cravenette on January 29, 2023, 07:59:57 PM
I was on that flight, the Fulham Flyer. It was hit by lightning on take off (apparently it happens more often than you realise).  Was an omen for the disastrous match I think. Magath at his most awfulness - although he did play Dan Burn at fullback for the first time if I can remember, so maybe he was visionary after all!

Wasn't it under Sanchez?

Southcoastffc

You live in Sunderland - a few days in London is quite an attractive proposition.  You live in London - a few days in Sunderland?  I've been there - some nice coastline but......
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Ashington White on January 29, 2023, 10:02:51 PM

Wasn't it under Sanchez?
Well, thinking about it 2007 would not be Magath but I was sure the whole Flyer was arranged to ensure we took a decent contingent to Middlesborough for the last game of the season but we had already been relegated by the time the game happened. I am confused I think.

Plane was hit by lightning though!

AJW48361

Already Safe beat Liverpool the  week before Sheffield Utd got Relegated  when West Ham won at Man U.

SG

Quote from: Ashington White on January 29, 2023, 10:02:51 PM

Wasn't it under Sanchez?

It was and Matthew Briggs was given his debut. I too was on the flight - bad start to a crap day all round

KJS

Quote from: filham on January 29, 2023, 06:08:52 PM
The Putney end was full of Sunderland fans yesterday, we need to match that if possible.
It is a long ride by coach, be nice to fill a few aeroplanes.

No chance in midweek some people still work for a living

bobbo

No airport ( as far as I know ) at Sunderland and Newcastle airport quite a long way from Sunderland .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

hovewhite

No cruises to Sunderland either.

HillingdonFFC

Thinking of having a mad moment & driving up there, looked at trains & nothing coming back