more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- From the vaults

Started by bog, February 03, 2023, 08:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

7th March 1964, Chelsea 1 Fulham 2 (O'Connell, Earle) 26,249

Was anyone else there? I would settle for that scoreline tonight :022: A win win situation.

092.gif   

filham

I would settle for a point tonight but years destroyed hope at the Bridge tells me we will be coming away empty handed.
I am just hoping for a Fulham goal so that we avoid three premier league matches without a goal which would signal the beginning of a goal drought.

RaySmith

Likely I was at that game since I used to go London aways then, as wel as all home games, of course.

I'd be happy with a point tonight - we should give them a game - can Marco outthink Potter?
COYW 049:gif

Fernhurst

With you Ray.... Take a point gleefully.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on February 03, 2023, 08:54:27 AM

Was anyone else there? I would settle for that scoreline tonight :022: A win win situation.

092.gif   
Quote from: bog on February 03, 2023, 08:54:27 AM

092.gif   

I went with my Dad and if i remember we stood on the terrace not that far from the Shed with a large bunch of Fulham supporters carrying flags, we were surrounded by Blue noses who were not a happy bunch that day.
Great away win, we were 2 0 up and they pulled one back with about 20 mins to go but our outstanding defence stood firm as you can imagine.
No subs in those days just 11 v 11 for 90 minutes.
If you got injured no matter how badly you were pushed up front for nuisance value.
Nobody complained but in those days the game was played by men.

Team was
Tony Macedo, George Cohen, Jimmy Langley, Bobby Robson, Bobby (Killer) Keetch, Alan Mullery, Johnny Haynes, Brian O'connell, Graham Leggatt, Steve Earle, Reg Stratton.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

I was there aged 8 with my Dad and uncle.
I recall the goals and probably thought that would be the norm, little did I know.

COYW!

bog

Great memories gentleman.

I just hope they suffer the Forest syndrome with so many new players settling in.

COYW!!!!  :clap_hands:  092.gif