https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Post Jan

Started by Ordar, January 12, 2011, 11:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

Quote from: HatterDon on January 12, 2011, 02:56:12 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 12, 2011, 11:22:50 AM
Where is Dempsey? Why are people seemingly happy to throw our top scorer and one of our most consistent players under the bus?

Deuce will be at Liverpool either this month or this summer, I'm afraid. Money talks, and NE Sports will be willing to spend it.

I wouldn't begrudge him that move - albeit at the moment they're no bigger than we are (if size is gauged by league placing, he said without wishing to open that can of worms again). Only problem is, all the natives will see him as ex-FFC and we all know what they thought of Hodgson. More palatable than him going to Spurs after all. Rather he stayed but he's not going to start every week once we've done our shopping is he?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

jarv

I have not read everone's response but Dempsey!!! Along with H and H, first 3 names on the team sheet every week. Fulham's most effective player this season. He IS the best player on the team right now.
Good team though you have. Dempsey over keane any day!    Demps....value 10 mill. age 28. Keane ...value 3 mill, age too bloody old now.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 12, 2011, 03:00:27 PM
Where is Dempsey? Why are people seemingly happy to throw our top scorer and one of our most consistent players under the bus?

Deuce will be at Liverpool either this month or this summer, I'm afraid. Money talks, and NE Sports will be willing to spend it.

HatterDon, would you like to bet £10 that Deuce will be going nowhere this month?

Please note I said "this month or this summer." And to the other comments:

1. The Plod fans would sneer at God if Hodgson signed him, but if Dalglish signs him.
2. Doesn't matter about the relative size of the club, Liverpool has the money to spend.
3. The New England consortium is very aware of Clint from his days with the Revolution.
4. We sold Saha; we sold Van der Saar. They were pretty important to our squad, and they got shipped out. If Mark can make enough from selling Clint to get us a decent striker and help flesh out the squad, then why wouldn't he?

I'm not saying I'm in favor of it. I'm saything that I fully expect it. It is a PRIME way for the new owners to make their mark. And, this isn't a rumor that I heard somewhere; it's just something I expect to happen.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MrWhite

Quote from: jarv on January 12, 2011, 03:15:07 PM
I have not read everone's response but Dempsey!!! Along with H and H, first 3 names on the team sheet every week. Fulham's most effective player this season. He IS the best player on the team right now.
Good team though you have. Dempsey over keane any day!    Demps....value 10 mill. age 28. Keane ...value 3 mill, age too bloody old now.

agree with you that demps is one of our best, but let's not forgot zamora isnt back yet and we need someone to make an immediate impact up front - keane seems a relatively cheap solution.  it could take quite a bit of time for bobby z to find his form again.

SmithyFFC

Sorry but there is no way this will happen. If Liverpool offered over £5m I'd bite there hands off, but there looking for far better players.
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 12, 2011, 04:35:27 PM

Sorry but there is no way this will happen. If Liverpool offered over £5m I'd bite there hands off, but there looking for far better players.

No way we should accept an offer any lower than £10m. He is in his prime.

mccscratch

That may be the most laughable thing I have ever ever ever heard of.... 5 million you say?

Keane and SWP are selling for so low is because they are surplus want-aways at their respective clubs and have very high weekly wages...

Clint Dempsey is a goal scoring midfield player who is versatile, aggressive, has decent pace, a trick or two and the knack for scoring important goals not to mention not a sick note (came back from a knee injury with very little recovery)... Not to mention that he is not on ridiculous (per todays standards) weekly wages and is a fan favorite...

The fact that you would accept 5 million for Clint Dempsey...I am flat out taking that as a personal insult as a Fulham man, Yank and footballer lover in general....

If Liverpool offered 5 million, I would not bite their hand, I would spit in their face...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

SmithyFFC

Quote from: mccscratch on January 12, 2011, 06:48:41 PM

That may be the most laughable thing I have ever ever ever heard of.... 5 million you say?

Keane and SWP are selling for so low is because they are surplus want-aways at their respective clubs and have very high weekly wages...

Clint Dempsey is a goal scoring midfield player who is versatile, aggressive, has decent pace, a trick or two and the knack for scoring important goals not to mention not a sick note (came back from a knee injury with very little recovery)... Not to mention that he is not on ridiculous (per todays standards) weekly wages and is a fan favorite...

The fact that you would accept 5 million for Clint Dempsey...I am flat out taking that as a personal insult as a Fulham man, Yank and footballer lover in general....

If Liverpool offered 5 million, I would not bite their hand, I would spit in their face...

I'd take £5 million and run.
FTID

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 12, 2011, 08:55:59 PM

Never. Dempsey is worth 10m or even more. And I'm not from the US.

SmithyFFC

FTID

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 12, 2011, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 12, 2011, 09:05:21 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 12, 2011, 08:55:59 PM

Dempsey is worth 10m or even more.

Good luck with that.

He's our topscorer and out scoring Bobby of last season. It'd be madness to sell him for only £5 million.

Burt

I think Dempsey has his home in Fulham. He can command a first team place and is an important contributor.

He would sink without trace at one of the so-called "big 4".

os5889

You are all wrong! It goes like this!

Schwarzer
Paintsil Hughes Hangeland Baird

Duff Murphy Etuhu Davies

Dempsey

Striker*

Subs: - Stockdale, Salcido, Halliche, Sidwell, Gera, Striker, A/EJ

*=Kamara, Dembele, Zamora