News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Sunderland 2-3 Fulham (FA Cup)

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 08, 2023, 09:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

I have to give Sunderland a lot of credit for everyone pulling fulham apart.multiple team changes ,normal partnerships not there  and players don't look the at the  same level.we won that's all that matters.

Slaphead in Qatar

With largely second string players I thought we did well. I was expecting us to not take this seriously and lose.

A few good performances - kuz, Duffy, cairney,.

Only one I am disappointed with is Solomon - flashes of brilliance but seems a bit lightweight. Need to assess him over a sustained number of games.

southwest6

really happy with that result. Tough place to go.

Thought Duffy was good and good to see Wilson having a good game.

Cairney was absolute class - didn't see him hobble off at the end - hope it's nothing too serious. Onto Leeds

SerbianLad

Something I forgot to mention in my first post in this thread. Has Tete ever had a poor game for us? I really can't remember. Probably our most consistent performer. Wasn't anything special today, but was stil very good yet again.

MickyAdamsFamily

The Cairney injury is worrisome, but fortunately, Lukic will be available from now on (Lucky Lukic, there'll be a nickname in that...).
Duffy seems to be just the kind of old-school battling defender who could help us see out a game as a late sub, if needed, too.

StuinSalop

Cairney was class for 30 mins, see separate post.  New back 4 with keeper did ok apart from a few cock ups.  Kasawa either great or crap, odd player who has a lot of good attributes but some of his defending worries me. Tosin not great.   Great to see Wilson score, yes should have had at least one more.  Pitch was awful and required extra touch which made fast football difficult.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: MickyAdamsFamily on February 08, 2023, 10:35:43 PM
The Cairney injury is worrisome, but fortunately, Lukic will be available from now on (Lucky Lukic, there'll be a nickname in that...).
Duffy seems to be just the kind of old-school battling defender who could help us see out a game as a late sub, if needed, too.

I really rate Duffy's grit, he just doesn't get enough game time, so slips up from time to time.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Snibbo

Quote from: Baston White on February 08, 2023, 09:56:01 PM
[I think Kurosawa makes a better centre forward than left back.

He plays like Seven Samurai  :dft012:

Sloth

Wasn't the best of performances overall, but cup games are like that.Important thing is we are through.

Hopefully Tom is ok.
Liquor expert. American.Human.

General

Quote from: Rupert on February 08, 2023, 10:07:11 PM
In amongst all the doom and gloom of a 3-2 victory, did you notice that we are now, in the media's eyes, an established PL team? Mowbray was under the impression we ended the game with a virtual full strength team (okay, he has to talk us up to make his lot seem better, but even so). We are not regarded as a bit of a joke. The pundits are looking at our players with a degree of respect we have not enjoyed in a long time.

It was not a brilliant performance, but it was streets ahead of previous 4th round games.
Roll on round 5. I bet Leeds would rather face Sunderland.

Have to admit it's been a nice change to hear the likes of carragher and Gary neville simply praise how good we look as  a team. And pundits complimenting us as a club instead of talking us down or being patronising. I think it's only happened once before when under Roy when we came 7th and did well in the europa league. Let's hope we can do well the rest of the season, not sell any key players in the summer and build on the foundations we've now got.

ianthailand

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2023, 10:09:49 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 08, 2023, 10:04:04 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2023, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 08, 2023, 09:41:19 PM
Unimpressive.
Off to your bed..
Every bloody game.
I think you are somewhat confused.

Funnily enough the wife thinks the same.
She sent me out this afternoon for some cakes from our local Baker,and I came home with a copy of "Bondage Monthly".🙂
She knows the ropes!

ianthailand

Quote from: StuinSalop on February 08, 2023, 10:46:40 PM
Cairney was class for 30 mins, see separate post.  New back 4 with keeper did ok apart from a few cock ups.  Kasawa either great or crap, odd player who has a lot of good attributes but some of his defending worries me. Tosin not great.   Great to see Wilson score, yes should have had at least one more.  Pitch was awful and required extra touch which made fast football difficult.
Kurzawa is much better than Robinson in the final third, it's the other two thirds where Robinson is better.

Cobh Fulham Fan

was impressed with Duffy and his header assist for the third goal. would like to see him get more time and gel in better!

hovewhite

Duffy good to see him perform as a strong unit as tosin looked ropey and Duffy needs more time ,as for the sublime early 50 yard ball over to Solomon it was tim ream esqe.

SP

Seeing this on their board made my day:

'Fulham are without a doubt the shittest tinpot fans in England'

Deeping_white

Quote from: SP on February 09, 2023, 08:01:03 PM

Doesn't say much for their supporters then, considering that other than for 2 mins after their goals when they made a bit of noise, they were outsung by 600 odd Fulham supporters

SP

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 09, 2023, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: SP on February 09, 2023, 08:01:03 PM

Doesn't say much for their supporters then, considering that other than for 2 mins after their goals when they made a bit of noise, they were outsung by 600 odd Fulham supporters

And so many of them left after 80 minutes. Shame, they missed a decent Sunderland goal.

SP

Hang on, it gets better:

Sunderland in League One was a bigger and more important club than Fulham ever will be sitting 6th in the PL.

TC's Sporran

sunderland fans always been so up their own jacksies.  a bit like sheff wednesday and leeds utd. it must be something to do with dropping down to league one for a bit.

SP

Quote from: TC's Sporran on February 09, 2023, 09:42:42 PM
sunderland fans always been so up their own jacksies.  a bit like sheff wednesday and leeds utd. it must be something to do with dropping down to league one for a bit.

To be fair, other Sunderland posters commented that they sing exactly the same songs when away from home.