watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney tonight

Started by StuinSalop, February 08, 2023, 10:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuinSalop

For 30 minutes, very well supported by Palhinha was absolutely class.  After that he somewhat drifted out of the game, still did some good things but it makes me wonder if that is why Marco likes to just give him 30 mins off the bench.   Strong, great footwork, won the ball back, we all know his passing is outstanding but can he do it for 90 minutes.  Pity he got clobbered at the end, should have laid in Mitro for a goal but I think he over ran the ball.  Anyway, overall well played Tom, that first 30 mins was as good as I have seen.

sarnian

Rumour he has been taken to hospital.

jarv

Excellent player. Glad he stayed with us, even if he doesn't get 90 minutes.

Sting of the North

The whole team kind of drifted out of it after 30 minutes or so though, after a very good start. Maybe not just a TC problem. Thought he was class the whole game, one of the few that really stood up when we were put under pressure.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He was MOTM tonight, pure class and getting stuck in
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 08, 2023, 11:16:42 PM
The whole team kind of drifted out of it after 30 minutes or so though, after a very good start. Maybe not just a TC problem. Thought he was class the whole game, one of the few that really stood up when we were put under pressure.

Agree about Tom, really showed his class - not just skillful passing and dictating play in the first half,  but determined - winning the ball, defending, and he kept going right to the final minute.

First class display from him tonight, fully deserved MoM.

perry geyton

Bassey the warrior

He did well but I'd have liked to see him crack off a shot or two, the goalie looked a bit shaky and I've fancied Cairney to get a goal.

Jim©

Quote from: sarnian on February 08, 2023, 10:52:27 PM
Rumour he has been taken to hospital.

I think it was the troll on the other board that claimed that.

H4usuallysitting

Mr reliable.... does his job, and more.... probably the best player on the park last night

TC's Sporran

shame we dont get to see that more often as in selection. i enjoy watching him when he's on song like that. Marco always mentions how good he is and he is getting better. but its obvious he places more importance on pressing than fancy football. although last night tc got stuck in and won the ball at least twice.
i see some posters are unhappy with the performance last night, i thought it was a good game to watch if you took off the win at all costs mentality glasses. a good fa cup game.
although if we'd lost i doubt i would be saying that.
i thought duffy looked ok and kurzawa wasnt as bad as some were saying. harry wilson again tried too hard. once when he shot vini was unmarked and just to his left in a great position.

colinwhite

As good as I have seen TC play.Superb

horse1031

That was the best Tom has played in a long time.  He was bossing the midfield for the first 35 minutes of the game.  He tackled better than I have ever seen in the past.  He looked faster and strode by Sunderland with ease.

I thought with BDR on for Luke Harris and someone else on for Vinicius at the start of the game we have atleast 2 by the time half time rolls around.

bill taylors apprentice

IMO he's not a starter in the PL because he is considered to be lightweight when it comes to tracking back and putting in a tackle.

As a promoted team its better to have Reed or that kind of player who may stop the opposition more often at the expense of attacking flair.

It's worked this season so no complaints but I would have played him more often in the PL.

fulhamfever

That injury could of been avoided had he passed to Mitro when he had the chance instead of being greedy and going at it alone #justsaying

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: fulhamfever on February 09, 2023, 04:32:42 PM
That injury could of been avoided had he passed to Mitro when he had the chance instead of being greedy and going at it alone #justsaying

Its very rare for TC to be greedy but last night he should have squared it.

alfie

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on February 09, 2023, 04:37:48 PM

Maybe he should have, but in the heat of the moment on the pitch he saw an opportunity and tried to take it, if he had passed to Mitro and he missed, people would be asking why did he pass.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Motspur Park

Quote from: alfie on February 09, 2023, 04:49:23 PM

Maybe he should have, but in the heat of the moment on the pitch he saw an opportunity and tried to take it, if he had passed to Mitro and he missed, people would be asking why did he pass.

Responses typical of society today. Everybody becomes an expert with hindsight. Do we really think Mitro or Wilson would have passed?

Jules

Quote from: alfie on February 09, 2023, 04:49:23 PM

I think the defender cut off the angle for the square to Mitro.