News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it now too late to dream about signing Solomon?

Started by fredi9, March 01, 2023, 08:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredi9

Surely now all the big clubs are interested about him...

cookieg

Would depend on how much he will cost, what other clubs are prepared to pay, how settled he feels etc. He has certainly put himself in the shop window though.

davew

He seems thrilled to bits about playing for Fulham, it would be very disappointing if he does become up for sale and chooses another club instead of ours.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: davew on March 01, 2023, 09:14:53 AM
He seems thrilled to bits about playing for Fulham, it would be very disappointing if he does become up for sale and chooses another club instead of ours.

He seemed humbled to be here after all that happened in Ukraine, someone coming to take him away from it all, and reports say he wants to sign for us... hope he does.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Rupert

I hope we don't get the chance to sign him because Putin has an accident, the Russians go home and Shakhtar are able to resume playing again. He's been excellent these last few games, lucky us to benefit from the situation.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Snibbo

Quote from: Rupert on March 01, 2023, 12:49:38 PM
I hope we don't get the chance to sign him because Putin has an accident, the Russians go home and Shakhtar are able to resume playing again. He's been excellent these last few games, lucky us to benefit from the situation.

Well said

Marcel_Gecov

The dilemma: war is tragic and everything... but I really want to keep Solomon...

Sting of the North

Whilst I agree with your hope for a swift resolution to the atrocities going on against the Ukraine, I don't think that will alter Solomon's situation really. In any case, he will likely have only 6 months left on his contract come the end of the season (although you never really know what the powers that be will come up with, do you?). As such, he will be able to sign for any team of his chosing. Shaktar will likely hope to sell him for a decent fee in order for a club to be able to acquire him this summer instead of by the end of the year. I hope that club will be us, and that Shaktar receives a decent fee.

Bill2

According to the papers both Spurs and Arsenal are showing an interest. Not sure we can compete on the Financial side looking at their salaries.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think Shakta are still playing their matches in Poland or somewhere.
Their owner is the richest man in Ukraine and will want Solomon back
and the other players that EUFA or FIFA deemed that they could sell or
loan  however.........
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

perry geyton

Quote from: Snibbo on March 01, 2023, 12:51:32 PM

Well said

Not happening
This war will go on forever
The military industrial complex is thriving from it $€£$€£$€£
They don't want it to end

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Bill2 on March 01, 2023, 01:33:56 PM
According to the papers both Spurs and Arsenal are showing an interest. Not sure we can compete on the Financial side looking at their salaries.

No chance arsenal will sign him with martinelli and trossard already at left wing and spurs have Son there

FFC1987

He was linked with Arsenal the season before we signed him so I feel like this is probably regurgitated paper talk. Not sure where he'd fit into that Spurs side, with Kulu, Son, Richarlison, Danjuma, Moura (likely to leave) and loan players like Gil coming back. Same situation at Arsenal really. 

Palhinha Colada

I think the better question is what price would you pay for him in the summer? The previously mooted 7m surely is gone now unless there's some prior private agreement in place.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

St Eve

Do we know the terms of the loan? Was there an option to buy at a set fee?

Jonny4

While it may well be that I'm looking on the bright side of things, I'm under the impression that Solomon's deal is all a formality to Fulham.

While he's only on loan, I get the impression that this was a technical decision to get around the complications involving the situation in Ukraine. I always thought that Solomon, Fulham and Shaktar had agreed a future deal whereby we would sign him on a five year deal for around £7/8 million in the summer. I'd be very surprised if Fulham had done all this work to agree a loan for Solomon with nothing to back it up down the line.

That said, there's still a chance that Solomon rejects coming here and refuses to accept a contract from us. However, that seems unlikely and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't sign permanently  in the summer....but then again who knows in football!

Bassey the warrior

Whilst I can understand why we did it from a business perspective, I was never comfortable with the way we treated Shakhtar and I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the backside. Desperate to keep him.