A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup Fulham 2 v 0 Leeds United FoF MOTM = Ream

Started by love4ffc, February 28, 2023, 11:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FOF MOTM v Leeds United in the FA Cup and Why?  

S. Cedric       🔁 90'
0 (0%)
Tete
1 (1%)
Ream (C)
62 (60.8%)
Robinson
1 (1%)
Lukic
0 (0%)
J. Palhinha        ⚽️ 21'     🔁 81'
26 (25.5%)
H. Wilson          🔁 72'     🔁 82'
1 (1%)
A. Pereira          🔁 86'
0 (0%)
M. Solomon        ⚽️ 56'    🔁 81'
11 (10.8%)
Mitrovic'             👟 56'    🔁 69'
0 (0%)
C. Vinicius           🔁 69'
0 (0%)
H. Reed               🔁 81'
0 (0%)
B. Reid                🔁 81'
0 (0%)
Willian                 🔁 82'
0 (0%)
K. Tete                 🔁 90'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Voting closed: March 02, 2023, 11:39:10 PM

love4ffc

It was a good night for Fulham.  Palhinha Leeds the way by scoring first for Fulham and Solonmon makes what is becoming his trademark goal in the upper right corner to get Fulham a second.  It was nice to see Cedric and Lukic start.  Both looked ok though perhaps a bit rusty.  Still, they seem more then capable in their positions. 

So, who was your FoF MOTM for this game and why?   049:gif

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

TheCeiling

Voted Ream. Leeds have put a lot of pressure and were manage to cross the ball a few times past Rodak or past our defenders but he was almost always there.

Shotout to our two goal scorers Palhinha and Solo. Was happy to see Mitro again. His presence was there.

Robinson was good, a part of 1-2 times when he was too slow to cover the player attacking on his side.

Lukic with a good experience. I'm sure he'll grow and keep improving.

Chi_FFC

Palhinha for me. We're really going to miss him the next two matches. Suspect Ream will get a fair number of votes for his late game work, but I thought he didn't have his best match before that. Some sloppy distribution which nearly cost us. 

Count Flapula

Tosin. Defended and passed immaculately throughout. Great performance.

Plodder

Ream.  At the start of the campaign, I doubted whether at his age he would be swift enough for the top flight, but he has been superb so far all season, and was again outstanding tonight, including a couple of vital blocks in the six yard box. I think we got away with one this evening to some extent, despite our two brilliant goals.  Leeds created a lot of good opportunities, mainly down our right, and most top flight teams would have taken at least two of the chances they had.  Without Ream and Robinson shoring up our left, I think they would have cut through our defence even more frequently.

It was hard for Cedric and Lukic to come in with little or no recent match time, and be expected to perform to a high standard, and doubtless they will improve, but I thought they were some way off the required standard tonight in terms of touch and retention of possession (ditto Wilson).

Above all, though, just delighted that we are having a serious FA cup run, and winning even when playing some way from our best.

Woolly Mammoth

Tim Ream, he was immense, and read the game well, fortunately being in the right place at the right time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Tim Ream for me, without him we probably would have lost.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Palhinha and Solomon scored two beautiful goals, but for me Ream held that defence together and saved us a couple of times.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Luka

Thought Mitro had a good game without scoring. His hold up play was excellent last night and he deserves some praise.
Gave it to Palhinha.

Mullers OG

hovewhite

Ream he seemed everywhere covering along the backline backed up by a great tosin performance cedric ,lukic can only improve as very average.

wback

I think the manager gets it - picked a perfect cup team with just a few changes but not too many, helped prep us for games ahead, used the bench well.

You could see from when he went made while Palinha was scoring that he's annoyed at us giving the ball away though. Leeds had quick players (as did Wolves) - when we lose the ball easily we are quite open in transition and are relying on the back four being at their very best. Leeds didn't deserve 0 last night, they should have had a couple of goals.

I can see how you'd argue we need to take risks in order to break teams down, but there were some rank bad passes out there last night.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Tosin for me because he was game and did not show rust. Stout defending.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on March 01, 2023, 08:41:17 AM
Tosin for me because he was game and did not show rust. Stout defending.

FYI there is no button for Tosin, Tete is listed twice.

Burntheashes

jarv

Tim Ream. Does anyone read the game better than Tim?  I think not. Shades of Bobby Moore in how he plays

toshes mate

Tim Ream for me.  As Jarv mentions his game reading skills are immense.   

Nero

Why isnt Rodak in the list, poor chap made some saves and kept a clean sheet and lad doesnt even get the chance to be voted for

Twig

Quote from: Count Flapula on February 28, 2023, 11:59:34 PM
Tosin. Defended and passed immaculately throughout. Great performance.

I have MoM to Ream but I'm glad someone else felt Tosin had a good game. He made some excellent tackles and interceptions and his distribution coupled with a desire to get forwards really helped us to get on the front foot.