more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Solomon, the King on the Wing

Started by mtmakl, March 01, 2023, 06:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wback

Quote from: perry geyton on March 02, 2023, 02:17:35 PM
He's scored 4 goals all exactly the same but in my opinion he tends to drift in and out of games, he could be a hot and cold type of player

All I'm saying is let's not get carried away but I'm sure he's prob got the attention of some big clubs now but let's see how he gets on for the rest of the season

Could be a case of everyone blowing their load prematurely

Agree that he's not always a "go to" player in games. Doesn't seem to be quite as involved as you might hope given his skills (again, perhaps if you compare him to Salah or something like that, he's much less involved, less of a focal point).

But... the goal that sealed it for me is the Brighton one - perfect, precise, powerful finish off his left foot. That suggests he can go inside and out, and that makes it much less likely he's going to get stopped.

MickyAdamsFamily

All 4 goals exactly the same? No offense, but did you actually watch them? 2 are very similar, but the other 2 are each completely distinct, and show different aspects of his capabilities. The 2 similar ones, vs Wolves and Leeds, he cuts inside from the left wing, manages to create a bit of space through trickery (plus Mitro's great give-n-go v Leeds), and unleashes an unstoppable curling shot from just outside the box with his right foot, just into the right corner. The Brighton goal was exactly the opposite, where he pushed Vini's thru ball further in front of him, then ran at absolute full pace down the left, and blasted a shot across the goal with his left foot (also into the right side netting). The Forest goal was clinical, where he ran at full whack to get into a good position, received Andreas beautiful pass, trapped the ball cleanly, froze the keeper with a look, chose his spot, and lifted the ball into the upper left corner. He's reminding me a bit of Arjen Robben...

perry geyton

Quote from: Cambridge Away on March 01, 2023, 05:38:07 PM
He's so good i might get an Israeli flag to celebrate him (well, maybe not that far!  :003:)
Don't worry I'm sure there will be one posted exactly on the half way line in perfect view of Sky cameras as long as he's here :/

perry geyton

Quote from: MickyAdamsFamily on March 02, 2023, 03:36:50 PM
All 4 goals exactly the same? No offense, but did you actually watch them? 2 are very similar, but the other 2 are each completely distinct, and show different aspects of his capabilities. The 2 similar ones, vs Wolves and Leeds, he cuts inside from the left wing, manages to create a bit of space through trickery (plus Mitro's great give-n-go v Leeds), and unleashes an unstoppable curling shot from just outside the box with his right foot, just into the right corner. The Brighton goal was exactly the opposite, where he pushed Vini's thru ball further in front of him, then ran at absolute full pace down the left, and blasted a shot across the goal with his left foot (also into the right side netting). The Forest goal was clinical, where he ran at full whack to get into a good position, received Andreas beautiful pass, trapped the ball cleanly, froze the keeper with a look, chose his spot, and lifted the ball into the upper left corner. He's reminding me a bit of Arjen Robben...
No your right two benders and a nippy one and a smash in, I'd say the Brighton one was the best...
Def wasn't knocking him but he def seems to drift in and out of games

Could well be a mega supersub type of player

perry geyton

Quote from: wback on March 02, 2023, 02:34:11 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on March 02, 2023, 02:17:35 PM
He's scored 4 goals all exactly the same but in my opinion he tends to drift in and out of games, he could be a hot and cold type of player

All I'm saying is let's not get carried away but I'm sure he's prob got the attention of some big clubs now but let's see how he gets on for the rest of the season

Could be a case of everyone blowing their load prematurely

Agree that he's not always a "go to" player in games. Doesn't seem to be quite as involved as you might hope given his skills (again, perhaps if you compare him to Salah or something like that, he's much less involved, less of a focal point).

But... the goal that sealed it for me is the Brighton one - perfect, precise, powerful finish off his left foot. That suggests he can go inside and out, and that makes it much less likely he's going to get stopped.

Yep agreed completely

HammerHead

Barcelona sniffing around (Sport 5 Israeli site)
?s=20

It says they will duel Aresnal for him :(

Deeping_white

Barcelona are under a transfer embargo this summer so that's a non starter

Stevieboy

I thought it was FIFA who ruled so that Shaktar wouldn't lose all their players because of the war so suspended contracts which would only allow for a loan move to happen. Although that lot down the road signed a bloke from Shaktar.

filham

Quote from: wback on March 01, 2023, 04:07:48 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2023, 04:01:08 PM
Imo anyone who thinks we have a chance of signing Solomon is hopelessly optimistic. A top 5 club will come in for him offering £30 mil plus and a very fat pay cheque. Not sure how we compete?

Hope I'm wrong though.

I think we compete because we're a top 6 club, and the top 5 already have a lot of players. I actually can't see City, Arsenal, Liverpool or Man Utd wanting him. Chelsea have all the wingers in the world and Spurs are going to be in turmoil at the end of the season. As for the teams below us... at the moment, are they a more attractive prospect? I guess if we went pound for pound in a contest with Brighton he might choose to play for them, but the rest? Not so much.

For me the risk is more the big clubs in the other leagues, maybe not the top end in Europe at the moment, but Dortmund, Juve, Milan, Inter, Athletico would all be pretty outstanding options for him.

t is not the top six that we need to worry about, but the big six, Man.U ., Man.City., Arsenal., Spurs., Liverpool and Chelsea, these are the teams that can pick off who they want from all other clubs and who will probably be the top six at the end of the season. I am of course hoping tat Chelsea finish in the bottm half of the table which may cramp their stile a little.

FulhamKC

Just considering PL teams, I always wonder how much of a draw living in London is to players. I would think it would be fairly significant.

TheCeiling

love4ffc

I have American Israeli friends and I asked them about Solomon and their thoughts on him playing for Fulham.   They are happy that he is in the PL but are not Fulham fans so don't really care where he plays.   They don't think we will be able to keep a hold of him and wished me luck with that.  They thank he will go to Man City or Arsenal so that he can compete in the Champions league.   

I really hope that the Khans can work their magic and keep him as he looks like an exciting player for the future. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

jayffc

Quote from: TheCeiling on March 04, 2023, 02:02:59 AM

Well

There we have it
No agreement in place and our decision to take the loan instead of the transfer

Truly the stupidest thing we might have ever done. Sincerely I think Solomon could go on to be one of the most talented players to have ever play for us,  hes incredibly gifted... and we could have had him for 7-8m and messed about with this loophole. Ridiculous to do so at that price.

If he continues this form - he's free for a champions league club to sign...It's an absolute no brainer for them to go for him. I'm a big advocate of Khan's work but f*** me this one would be a monumental balls up.

I suppose it may have allowed us to make the signings we did and stay within ffp
But really....this might be a historical f up.

Kimbleman

It's most likely going to backfire on us and will possibly go down as one we (Tony) let get away. As he continues his rehabilitation back to full fitness (practically there now) we are showcasing him for the big clubs to come in with their chequebooks. Best we just enjoy him for the rest of the season and hope Marco finds another gem somewhere. He's the sort of player that as a fan, gets you excited...so let's hope for another special goal against Hounslow on Monday evening. 049:gif

Deeping_white

It must be a simple life to assume everything is so black and white rather than various shades of grey

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 04, 2023, 09:45:49 AM
It must be a simple life to assume everything is so black and white rather than various shades of grey

While I agree it's mostly grey it seems like this is quite obvious poor decision making from the club? We get him on 4 year deal and he's probably a 60m asset which we ll now lose in the summer.

alfie

Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 04, 2023, 10:04:38 AM

While I agree it's mostly grey it seems like this is quite obvious poor decision making from the club? We get him on 4 year deal and he's probably a 60m asset which we ll now lose in the summer.
And if we had purchased him and he turned out to be rubbish, you would be saying poor decision making from the club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcthereligion

Quote from: alfie on March 04, 2023, 10:45:30 AM

And if we had purchased him and he turned out to be rubbish, you would be saying poor decision making from the club.

Do you feel it is inappropriate to evaluate a decision based on how it turned out?

bramble

Let's just hope he remains injury free for the rest of the season.  When he was out for such a long time, the loan deal did seem like quite a smart move. Oh for 20/20 hindsight!

alfie

Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 04, 2023, 11:15:12 AM
Quote from: alfie on March 04, 2023, 10:45:30 AM

Do you feel it is inappropriate to evaluate a decision based on how it turned out?
Is "inappropriate" the right word to use.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't