News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would you deal with the current ticket situation?

Started by Sammyffc, March 01, 2023, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Now i know this is very strong subject for many people, and id like to see what objective thoughts people have on how to handle it.

I will start by throwing down my own opinions and we can go from there.

I do feel that the prices in the stadium are slightly on the high side, however this tends to happen when stadiums are expanded as we the consumer have to fork out for nice things, however i also think that many '' loyal fans '' do pop their up head as soon as we get in the premier league and then try and play it off like they were watching us when we were struggling in the champs and so on over the last few years. I would call them the ' premier league loyal fans'. I have had many days/nights at the cottage when we were not in the prem when we always had seats available ( and im sure you have seen it to).

Futhermore, we are a premier league club - prices will always be higher than they were in the championship, times change and things move on, its the most valuable league in the world with majority of top professional footballers playing their trade here, and we have to fork out for that pleasure.

So, what would i do? ( some might already be in play, im going off my head here)

1 - Fixed season ticket prices for those from the year before.
2 - Lower ticket prices and seat guarantee for cup matches for ST holders
3 - Higher point system for matches ( you can choose points for tier A games or your points= reduced $ per match ticket for cup games or general sale( the system right now just doesn't make sense sometimes)
4 - % off tickets for those who are subscribed to Fulham tv or if you spend X amount in the clubs store.

Finally..

We could have a system like some top clubs do where if you buy a season tickets you HAVE to purchase cup tickets as part of the agreement. I see the positives and negatives of this, as you will get the tickets however you have no choice but to have the tickets, which all costs money.

Any thoughts?

Whitestone

The current ticket pricing complaints have arisen as a result of the £40 ticket for the Leeds match.

IMO the club could have done the following:

1) Season ticket holders/members discount.
2) Various pricing points dependent on the area of the ground.
3) A significantly lower start point for tickets. £40 was excessive.
4) Other clubs offered lower prices for 5th round matches, so why didn't we ?

Finnans Right Peg

I think for cup games especially midweek cup games that are on tv ,they should let the kids go free or for a 5er but that 5er goes to a kids charity and admission for an adult 35 but if you are a s t holder 25 or 30 pound

Baszab

The club didn't even have the brains to save our season tickets for the cup game for any period of time whatsoever - so everyone is left scrabbling around the minute the digital  ticket shop opens

Anyone with half a brain could have announced "season ticket holders have 24 hours to claim their seats"

Total lack of forethought to the real fans

Ronnief

Quote from: Baszab on March 01, 2023, 07:19:31 PM
The club didn't even have the brains to save our season tickets for the cup game for any period of time whatsoever - so everyone is left scrabbling around the minute the digital  ticket shop opens

Anyone with half a brain could have announced "season ticket holders have 24 hours to claim their seats"

Total lack of forethought to the real fans
Totally agree but give those season ticket holders in the Putney end some priority in selecting alternative seats.
092.gif

Samjack

I agree with all the points of the original poster. I would add that I think a concession category for the 16-25 age group (and families with kids - but I think we already do this a bit) would be a good idea. This is a group that tends to have less cash but contributes a lot to the atmosphere in the ground. We do seem to have a very old (and with that a wise and discerning!!) fan base and it is good to have a mix of ages in the ground.