watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Brentford 3-2 Fulham

Started by Milo, March 06, 2023, 09:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

The only problem I can see is that we will both be looking at the same players to bring in during the summer.
How did sky give Tone man of the match? He did nothing until he scored the penalty

SP

Sky will be nominating Toney for the Ballon d'or.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Andy S on March 06, 2023, 10:11:50 PM
The only problem I can see is that we will both be looking at the same players to bring in during the summer.
How did sky give Tone man of the match? He did nothing until he scored the penalty
Should have given it to Anthony Taylor. By far, and I mean BY FAR the worst referee performance I've seen. Brentford players dived all match and got fouls, Willian dived once got a yellow. Toney red, soft penalty, I could go on and on.

Milo

Lukic should've been off though admittedly in the first half..

SerbianLad

Quote from: Milo on March 06, 2023, 10:16:54 PM
Lukic should've been off though admittedly in the first half..
Henry stopped a fast break in the second half by rugby tackling Mitro in the second half and didn't get a yellow either. The yellow Lukic got was also not a yellow, and Toney should have been sent of moments before that proposed second yellow for Lukic and if that happened Lukic probably wouldn't even be in that position.

ffc73

Let's not blame the ref, as said above we should have played the second half with 10-men if he had sent Lukic off. Which he probably should have.

They are a good side and deserved their win tonight.

We need to dust ourselves down, raise of level & go again on Sunday.

Motspur Park

We were poor today. Lack of crisp passing and very little cutting edge. Crossing was poor but stemmed from Mitro not playing as a target man for our wide players. So why have we deviated from what made us successful?

Okay - Leno, Tete, Ream, Robinson, Solomon, Reed, Diop, Pereira, Willian & Lukic

Poor - Mitro

Good - Can't say anyone played well.

Just not enough quality to win and they deserved to beat us.

I think the manager needs to take a look at what is going on. The levels of our performance have dropped. This isn't a whinge or a rant, just a view that we aren't doing what gained all the plaudits.

Blawarmy

Quote from: SP on March 06, 2023, 10:13:38 PM
Sky will be nominating Toney for the Ballon d'or.
He shouldn't even be playing! 

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffc73 on March 06, 2023, 10:21:16 PM
Let's not blame the ref, as said above we should have played the second half with 10-men if he had sent Lukic off. Which he probably should have.

I don't really understand this take with the alleged sending off. To me Toney got away with what should have been a crystal clear red card moments before. Lukic also shouldn't have gotten the first yellow. I just don't see how we're lucky just because there was one occasion in which the ref did something that worked in our favour.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I thought it would be a tough game and there were a lot of factors against us.

Brentford have nothing else to play for this season except to improve their league standing, it's a local derby on a cold wintry night at their place, they wanted revenge for the 3-2 defeat at the Cottage, they had had a good rest,  and we.looked at the worst we have been all season, we looked tired. Also showed how much we miss Paulinha.

Fair play to Brentford ,they deserved the win, and are a very good solid Premier League team...learn from this Fulham and move on.

It was a particularly bad night at the office, but it has still been a great season, mid table would be fine for us.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 06, 2023, 10:26:33 PM

I don't really understand this take with the alleged sending off. To me Toney got away with what should have been a crystal clear red card moments before. Lukic also shouldn't have gotten the first yellow. I just don't see how we're lucky just because there was one occasion in which the ref did something that worked in our favour.
:plus one:

SP

If only we got penalties for that minimal contact.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Motspur Park on March 06, 2023, 10:22:49 PM
We were poor today. Lack of crisp passing and very little cutting edge. Crossing was poor but stemmed from Mitro not playing as a target man for our wide players. So why have we deviated from what made us successful?

Okay - Leno, Tete, Ream, Robinson, Solomon, Reed, Diop, Pereira, Willian & Lukic

Poor - Mitro

I think the manager needs to take a look at what is going on. The levels of our performance have dropped. This isn't a whinge or a rant, just a view that we aren't doing what gained all the plaudits.

I don't think we have changed much if anything in how we play. Mitro's been coming deep when needed all season. Today the team overall never managed to get an actual hold of the ball when it mattered.

On the ratings, there are several players I would put as poor alongside Mitro, starting with Reed and Pereira who both had really poor games. Diop was good, in my opinion.

LittleErn

There is certainly a drop off from our best levels earlier in the season. Fatigue, injuries, old age, who knows why? Let's hope Silva does.

Chi_FFC

Lukic also shouldn't have gotten the first yellow.

I'd like to see it again, but on first watch (and after seeing the replay immediately following) I thought he could have no complaints with the first yellow. 

cookieg

I am beginning to wonder if Mitro's days are numbered, harsh as it seems. He's been injured since before the World Cup, if he isn't playing well we seem to struggle and Vini isn't really up to this level. Mitro could probably do with being dropped but MS needs to find a way to play without him.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 06, 2023, 10:29:40 PM

Poor - Mitro

I don't think we have changed much if anything in how we play. Mitro's been coming deep when needed all season. Today the team overall never managed to get an actual hold of the ball when it mattered.

On the ratings, there are several players I would put as poor alongside Mitro, starting with Reed and Pereira who both had really poor games. Diop was good, in my opinion.

But Mitro is now hardly ever in the box and a long way from being a dangerous target man. Earlier this season the crosses were going in at will and Mitro was always challenging.

SP

Quote from: Chi_FFC on March 06, 2023, 10:30:51 PM

Lukic also shouldn't have gotten the first yellow.

I'd like to see it again, but on first watch (and after seeing the replay immediately following) I thought he could have no complaints with the first yellow. 

No card for Henry when he rugby tackles Mitro?

Milo

Quote from: cookieg on March 06, 2023, 10:31:13 PM
I am beginning to wonder if Mitro's days are numbered, harsh as it seems. He's been injured since before the World Cup, if he isn't playing well we seem to struggle and Vini isn't really up to this level. Mitro could probably do with being dropped but MS needs to find a way to play without him.

Think that's harsh. He has been labelled "past it!" numerous times in his career at FFC and always bounces back. He will regain form, for sure. I felt he was very good in the first half holding up play, spreading balls out wide etc.. just fell off the boil in the second half as likely unfit (and let's not forget it was Silva who played him for 80 mins in the FA cup..).

Sting of the North

Quote from: Motspur Park on March 06, 2023, 10:32:51 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on March 06, 2023, 10:29:40 PM

Poor - Mitro

But Mitro is now hardly ever in the box and a long way fro being a dangerous target man. Earlier this season the crosses were going in at will and Mitro was always challenging.

Earlier in the season we were playing better and more on the front foot. The team is not only Mitro, and he is affected by others just like they by him.