watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Willian

Started by wback, March 10, 2023, 01:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wback

A few posts on here suggesting he's knackered and needs a rest.

The problem is, these next two games are probably the biggest of our season for him.

Arsenal - a former club where he underperformed. Look how he did against Chelsea and to me, that suggests he gets more motivations in these games.

Man Utd in the cup - at 35, he's probably a bit less bothered about whether we get Europa League next year, more that we can get to Wembley (perhaps twice) and he can re-live that really big game feeling.

So, is it time to give him a break? Maybe. Is this the time to do it? Probably not.

Better to start him and change him out if needs be. What are we saving him for?

WindyCity

Not a time for a break.  Willian has been terrific for us this season.  I had posted earlier in the season that he does seem to get knackered (quite normal at 35 yrs) towards the ends of games, and that maybe he should be coming out after 60-65 mins.  Again, up to MS to manage this player.  Even when he is playing really well, might be best to take him out short of the 90 min run.  But I would not give him a so-called 'break' these next two games.  Not sure why and for what purpose.