more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite Irish player

Started by Finnans Right Peg, March 17, 2023, 07:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

Carborundum

Bairdinho.  Gave everything he had, week in week out.

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://fulham.fandom.com/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland

Good list above, all Republic Of Ireland Players who have ever played for Fulham.

Special Shout out to Ray Houghton... My favourite is Damian Duff .

Can't find a similar list for Northern Ireland, but we have Aaron Hughes and David Healy and a few others .. my favourite is Georgie Best, obvs 😊

SP

Slightly different suggestion from me, Rory Hamill because he scored a very quick goal against Chester City the day my son was the FFC mascot.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Rock

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 17, 2023, 08:53:56 AM
Are you talking about the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland?

There in lies the rub.

Chris Baird. Most hated player that actually proved all of you wrong when Roy got him playing proper, no?

ron

Dr Know

Quote from: SP on March 17, 2023, 09:53:37 PM
Slightly different suggestion from me, Rory Hamill because he scored a very quick goal against Chester City the day my son was the FFC mascot.
When was that because I don't recall Hamill scoring many for us ?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Dr Know on March 18, 2023, 08:52:20 AM
Was that the Fulham goal after about 9 seconds?...
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

filham

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 17, 2023, 04:56:49 PM
Damien Duff is probably the first time in my lifetime at least, that I saw a player and thought "I wish he could play for our club" and then he actually did eventually.

It was a real moment for me when we signed him. Loved watching every minute of him in a Fulham shirt.
Yes, when Duff signed for us I could hardly believe it and new that we were in for some good displays from him. He didn't disappoint.

Andy S

Everyone of those players were great players for us and I have enjoyed watching them all

SP

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 18, 2023, 09:42:44 AM

Doing a quick search, I think it may be 8 April 1996 which looks like a 2-0 win but I can't find the goal scorers.

colcliff

George Best but his best days were before coming to Fulham
But the player I loved most for Fulham has to be Jimmy Conway

Dr Know

Quote from: SP on March 18, 2023, 11:04:22 AM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 18, 2023, 09:42:44 AM

Doing a quick search, I think it may be 8 April 1996 which looks like a 2-0 win but I can't find the goal scorers.
Scorers were Morgan and Scott !

Woodlawn

jack mccellandGreat keeper for us and arsenal

Twig

For me it has to be the Duffer but Finnan runs him close and I have very fond memories of Houghton. Best utility player has to be Bairdinho.

Lighthouse

I saw George Best early on when he played for Untied and he was something special. I saw him play at Fulham froths debut onwards and though the he was clearly having problems again. His on field skill was way above any other footballer I had ever seen. He was something special.

Gerry Peyton remains my favourite keeper for Fulham. No frills, no diving for the cameras. His positional sense was outstanding.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

spikey norman

Anyone else remember Brendan Mullan?

filham

Quote from: ealex40 on March 17, 2023, 06:23:18 PM
Bobby Brennan
[/quote

Yes remember him from my early Fulham days, a nice inside left who I thought was a really class playmaker but then along came Haynes.