watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Pity of all this is

Started by Peabody, March 20, 2023, 09:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I thought Willian deserved credit for the effort he made and the ground he covered in trying to stop that goal and he succeeded. The way I see it he was even trying to get his arm tucked into his body to avoid a handball decision.

It really is time we went back to the old handball interpretation that only deliberate handball is an offence, hand hits ball then it is handball, ball hits hand no offence.
This is so much easier to get right ,with or without VAR.

kiwian

Quote from: filham on March 20, 2023, 06:22:40 PM
I thought Willian deserved credit for the effort he made and the ground he covered in trying to stop that goal and he succeeded. The way I see it he was even trying to get his arm tucked into his body to avoid a handball decision.

It really is time we went back to the old handball interpretation that only deliberate handball is an offence, hand hits ball then it is handball, ball hits hand no offence.
Sorry it wouldn't work, it's far too sensible and simple
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

alfie

Quote from: filham on March 20, 2023, 06:22:40 PM

But he wasn't trying to get his arm tucked in as you say, the evidence from behind clearly shows his arm away from his body, he stopped the ball the only way he could, it's unfortunate but there it is, the credit must go for the way he got back to even try and stop it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't