watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The thing that annoys me

Started by colinwhite, March 21, 2023, 03:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Silva and Mitrovic got red cards along with Willian and it was clear handball (according to the rules ). They lost it and deserved to get sent off and I am not trying to justify that. Their actions cost us the game.
Reading the newspapers including Oliver Holts summary ,and listening to talk sport all the experts seem to believe we imploded because of the Willian penalty incident, which is simply not the case.

Nobody in the media seems to understand what actually caused this meltdown. The referee Kavanagh has history with us ,this and even last season. His poor refereeing cost us dearly at West ham to the degree  that  the PL officially stated that 2 errors were made with W hams handball goals in that game  and they should not have stood (not that this did us any good).
When,from aFulham corner , Luke Shaws two handed push in the back on Mitro from a standing position when Mitro is in the air and about to head the ball goalward, is ignored by the referee (although he is looking straight at it from 5 yards away ,outside the main group of players in their box ), Fulham appealed but held their cool ,despite lack of var inspection ( or even replay on TV !!!).
Later in the game when Willian handles the ball kavanaghs initial decision is to give united a corner. That he then referred to var for this incident is what really caused the irritation from the team.
This may not excuse the actions of Silva or Mitrovic who will be punished for their actions .

In the meantime Kavanagh will carry on `refereeing `as though neither he nor the people who appointed this Manchester man to referee Sundays game bare any responsibility for what happened  during the match, and uninformed journalists will carry on revelling in our melt-down ,the prospect of making an example of Mitrovic ,and calling our actions pathetic.   GRRrrrrrrrr

Lighthouse

Very frustrating when the media turn out to be as ignorant as the officials. Many pointed out before the game how poor the referee had already been in our games recently. This doesn't mean he was wrong in this game in his decisions against us. Just ignored decisions for us and seemed unable to calm down the situation which he helped to push out of control. His brandishing of a red card to our coach was done with such relish that I thought it was panto season.

But the media are really just playing to a core audience. If the tables were reversed we would have far more on the officials and the history. But let's be honest. It is Fulham against Man Utd. There was only ever going to be one talking point whatever the result. How well or how badly United played.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

perry geyton

When that blatant shove happened i was waiting for play to stop so they could look at it, alas "nothing" not even the commentators mentioned it,,, they were to busy talking about how it could turn out to be an all Manchester final !!!! Completely disrespecting Brighton too like they don't exist, who are at this current time a better team then Manchester United
It was disgusting and purely biased

colinwhite

We don't count in the media unless its to run us down unfortunately.

Palhinha Colada

Just in the past year, off the top of my head, just against us, Chris Kavanagh

* Allowed a double-handball equalizer by Preston
* Gave West Ham a penalty for their player clotheslining Pereira in the box
* Allowed a twice-handled goal for West Ham
* Allowed another handled goal for West Ham
* Ignored a stonewall penalty against Manchester United
* Ignored a second penalty claim against Manchester United
* Ignored a Manchester United player literally kicking Robinson
* Clearly said something to Mitrovic which made him enraged and caused the physical confrontation

Yet he will face no consequences for being consistently and repeatedly awful at his job.

denzele

This is interesting camera angle .I don't know how anyone missed this but watch around 5:10 mark . Mitro gets in front not sure who is and he's pushed from the back . Clear as day . 2 penalties in first half . Unreal .

https://youtu.be/ajF7GT_P62g

denzele

Left hand of Martinez I think . Was there any replay on this ?

Pluto

Kavanagh is 100% indirectly the cause of this. It wouldn't even surprise me if he's made a xenophobic remark or some other kind of insult to Mitro to get the reaction he did. He has a history of winding players up and wanting to be the centre of attention.

graham

Quote from: colinwhite on March 21, 2023, 03:07:10 PM
Silva and Mitrovic got red cards along with Willian and it was clear handball (according to the rules ). They lost it and deserved to get sent off and I am not trying to justify that. Their actions cost us the game.
Reading the newspapers including Oliver Holts summary ,and listening to talk sport all the experts seem to believe we imploded because of the Willian penalty incident, which is simply not the case.

Nobody in the media seems to understand what actually caused this meltdown. The referee Kavanagh has history with us ,this and even last season. His poor refereeing cost us dearly at West ham to the degree  that  the PL officially stated that 2 errors were made with W hams handball goals in that game  and they should not have stood (not that this did us any good).
When,from aFulham corner , Luke Shaws two handed push in the back on Mitro from a standing position when Mitro is in the air and about to head the ball goalward, is ignored by the referee (although he is looking straight at it from 5 yards away ,outside the main group of players in their box ), Fulham appealed but held their cool ,despite lack of var inspection ( or even replay on TV !!!).
Later in the game when Willian handles the ball kavanaghs initial decision is to give united a corner. That he then referred to var for this incident is what really caused the irritation from the team.
This may not excuse the actions of Silva or Mitrovic who will be punished for their actions .

In the meantime Kavanagh will carry on `refereeing `as though neither he nor the people who appointed this Manchester man to referee Sundays game bare any responsibility for what happened  during the match, and uninformed journalists will carry on revelling in our melt-down ,the prospect of making an example of Mitrovic ,and calling our actions pathetic.   GRRrrrrrrrr

I agree with everything you say.

Yes, Mitro and Silva lost their tempers and their action cannot be condoned, but really their reaction was because Kavanagh completely ignored very blatant fouls and penalties by Manure. Even Lee Dixon, commentating, sounded surprised a penalty wasn't given against Luke Shaw for shoving Mitro in the back. Being cynical, Kavanagh obviously didn't want to give a pen against Manure, and his favouritism then sparked the whole thing. However, that will be ignored ,Kavanagh will be seen as innocent and angelic and Mitro and Silva will be castigated because we are only Fulham, and people are baying for blood without realising why it all happened.

I bet Kavanagh won't dare to come to Craven Cottage to referee in the future.