Opinion – Mitro may want a transfer.

Started by love4ffc, March 21, 2023, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 22, 2023, 07:57:41 AM
Quote from: General on March 22, 2023, 07:44:30 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 21, 2023, 10:25:20 PM
Quote from: General on March 21, 2023, 10:03:33 PM
What is this, some speculative chat made relevant because a guy is Serbian? Come on, mitro loves the club and the PL, if the club stick by him and support him, given the fact his family also are settled in London and at the club, it seems a stretch that because he's had disciplinary hearings he'd suddenly up and leave the country. Odd, speculative and a bit extreme. Mitro's character also is that of a fighter, not someone who runs from confrontation, as proven most recently. It'd be against his character to just leave because of a ban given the fact he's been in England for 5 years or so with us, not including the time he was at Newcastle, he's bound to know this isn't the norm or a one off and I'd imagine the club will help him get through this. Don't forget it was also Marco and Willian that got red carded and put under scrutiny. Very strange speculation.
I too am afraid of that possibility. As I said, if you asked me a few days ago I would have said there's 0% chance. If he was to get a very long ban(until the end lf the season or longer than that), he may leave.

He's happy at Fulham, but he'd feel unwanted in the country, because of the enormous hate he recieved from the media and because of an extremely unfair ban. He's a very emotional guy. He said in a pretty recent interview that he almost retired from international fooball after missing that penalty against Scotland.

I'm still 100% sure that he'll never sign for a different English club, but if he gets some extreme ban I fear he may leave England and go to Italy or Germany or something. If he gets to play this season again, I won't be worried at all.

I'm not sure using the example of missing the penalty and considering retiring from the national team is a good example, primarily for the fact that he didn't retire and fought back to play a world cup.

Mitro is a fighter and the club and those like ream, cairney, silva etc will all be looking after him and putting it into perspective for him.

He'll come back stronger and with a galvanised point to prove.

Come on Mitro!
I'm telling you that there is a big possibility unfortunately. But only of it's an extremely unfair ban like the ban until the end of the season and longer than that.

Mitro recieved a lot of support from the public after missing the penalty, whereas UK media is demonisinig him at the moment. Lot's of fans too, including some Fulham fans. Everyone knows what he did was wrong, including him, but the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, which resulted in some ridiculous suggestions like the 181 day ban.

As some people rightly pointed out, what Mitro (and Marco too) need right now is the support of Fulham fans. Not for what they did because everyone know that that was wrong, but for a fair punishment.

Well time will tell then to see if Serbian interconnectedness is actually a thing or you're just using it as an insight to inflate an opinion.

I take what you say but would be surprised. He's in a support system and club he's been at fir 5 years and that has shown they care a lot about him during that time, even after the season he had under parker when he considered leaving but Tony Khan sat him down and made him feel loved and he stayed. That counts in times like these.

If Silva stands up for him, squad players do and the club takes the FA to court over the decision he goes into this feeling a lot more justified. Don't forget he's also got an opinion of the events at Old Trafford, including being talked to by Kavanaugh which set him off even more. This isn't done and dusted until a fat lady sings, which they haven't yet.

Additionally the amount of times mitro says he loves the club, used words or phrases like it feels like home, that his family are happy and settled in London. You don't just pick and and go somewhere because.

SerbianLad

Quote from: StuinSalop on March 22, 2023, 08:04:04 AM
First of all, I would hope that the club have strongly advised Mitro to keep away from social media and red tops.

Mitro will now be focussed on Serbia and in that sense the timing is very good.

Mitro has repeatedly said how much he loves life at Fulham and living in London where his family are settled.

Mitro survived the covid party his wife posted which was another media storm at the time as a much worse offence than slightly pulling the arm of a ref.

Fulham and his team mates with 100% support him and it could easily go the other way with this incident galvanising the players and club.

Frankly the whole thing is a storm in a teacup and because we are Fulham fans we are all over it.  Most of football will forget about it quite quickly.
The criticism he recieved from media after breaching covid rules was nowhere near as bad as what he's recieving at the moment though... It's not about what is objectively worse, the hate he's recieving at the moment is ridiculous, and it could be too much for someone emotional like Mitro.

General

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 22, 2023, 08:11:53 AM
First of all, I would hope that the club have strongly advised Mitro to keep away from social media and red tops.

Mitro has repeatedly said how much he loves life at Fulham and living in London where his family are settled.

Mitro survived the covid party his wife posted which was another media storm at the time as a much worse offence than slightly pulling the arm of a ref.

Fulham and his team mates with 100% support him and it could easily go the other way with this incident galvanising the players and club.

Frankly the whole thing is a storm in a teacup and because we are Fulham fans we are all over it.  Most of football will forget about it quite quickly.
The criticism he recieved from media after breaching covid rules was nowhere near as bad as what he's recieving at the moment though... It's not about what is objectively worse, the hate he's recieving at the moment is ridiculous, and it could be too much for someone emotional like Mitro.

Provided he's actually paying any attention to it? He may have gone on a media ban for himself, or the club may have suggested it as a policy until it blows over etc and could be managing him by managing his expectations and the situation professionally behind closed doors in how they're going to tackle it at a club and protect him.

If he's not watched the news, gone on social media or red a newspaper (all of which are actually pretty straightforward things to do), then he won't feel as pressured.

SerbianLad

Quote from: General on March 22, 2023, 08:09:16 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 22, 2023, 07:57:41 AM
Quote from: General on March 22, 2023, 07:44:30 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 21, 2023, 10:25:20 PM
Quote from: General on March 21, 2023, 10:03:33 PM
What is this, some speculative chat made relevant because a guy is Serbian? Come on, mitro loves the club and the PL, if the club stick by him and support him, given the fact his family also are settled in London and at the club, it seems a stretch that because he's had disciplinary hearings he'd suddenly up and leave the country. Odd, speculative and a bit extreme. Mitro's character also is that of a fighter, not someone who runs from confrontation, as proven most recently. It'd be against his character to just leave because of a ban given the fact he's been in England for 5 years or so with us, not including the time he was at Newcastle, he's bound to know this isn't the norm or a one off and I'd imagine the club will help him get through this. Don't forget it was also Marco and Willian that got red carded and put under scrutiny. Very strange speculation.
I too am afraid of that possibility. As I said, if you asked me a few days ago I would have said there's 0% chance. If he was to get a very long ban(until the end lf the season or longer than that), he may leave.

He's happy at Fulham, but he'd feel unwanted in the country, because of the enormous hate he recieved from the media and because of an extremely unfair ban. He's a very emotional guy. He said in a pretty recent interview that he almost retired from international fooball after missing that penalty against Scotland.

I'm still 100% sure that he'll never sign for a different English club, but if he gets some extreme ban I fear he may leave England and go to Italy or Germany or something. If he gets to play this season again, I won't be worried at all.

I'm not sure using the example of missing the penalty and considering retiring from the national team is a good example, primarily for the fact that he didn't retire and fought back to play a world cup.

Mitro is a fighter and the club and those like ream, cairney, silva etc will all be looking after him and putting it into perspective for him.

He'll come back stronger and with a galvanised point to prove.

Come on Mitro!
I'm telling you that there is a big possibility unfortunately. But only of it's an extremely unfair ban like the ban until the end of the season and longer than that.

Mitro recieved a lot of support from the public after missing the penalty, whereas UK media is demonisinig him at the moment. Lot's of fans too, including some Fulham fans. Everyone knows what he did was wrong, including him, but the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, which resulted in some ridiculous suggestions like the 181 day ban.

As some people rightly pointed out, what Mitro (and Marco too) need right now is the support of Fulham fans. Not for what they did because everyone know that that was wrong, but for a fair punishment.

Well time will tell then to see if Serbian interconnectedness is actually a thing or you're just using it as an insight to inflate an opinion.

I take what you say but would be surprised. He's in a support system and club he's been at fir 5 years and that has shown they care a lot about him during that time, even after the season he had under parker when he considered leaving but Tony Khan sat him down and made him feel loved and he stayed. That counts in times like these.

If Silva stands up for him, squad players do and the club takes the FA to court over the decision he goes into this feeling a lot more justified. Don't forget he's also got an opinion of the events at Old Trafford, including being talked to by Kavanaugh which set him off even more. This isn't done and dusted until a fat lady sings, which they haven't yet.
I agree with this. All I'm saying is if when all is done, the final verdict is that he's banned for the rest of the season, I fear he might want to leave the club. If he plays again this season, I'm sure he stays.

I don't doubt that the club, Marco and players will be supportive, he seems very well liked by all at the club when you listen to interviews.

I'm also not saying all Serbian people are like this, I'm just agreeing with love4ffc's Serbian friend's assesment on Mitro being a shy,emotional type of person. I've watched him since he was still a kid, he's always been like that.

SerbianLad

Quote from: General on March 22, 2023, 08:17:36 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 22, 2023, 08:11:53 AM

Provided he's actually paying any attention to it? He may have gone on a media ban for himself, or the club may have suggested it as a policy until it blows over etc and could be managing him by managing his expectations and the situation professionally behind closed doors in how they're going to tackle it at a club and protect him.

If he's not watched the news, gone on social media or red a newspaper (all of which are actually pretty straightforward things to do), then he won't feel as pressured.
I don't think that's possible in the world of internet and social media. Even Serbian media asked our headcoach about the incident, and will no doubt ask Mitro too if they interview him(which I really hope won't happen until the trial is over).

Marcus

he's very settled in london - does he upsticks and upset the whole family because of one rogue ref?

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: blingo on March 21, 2023, 10:26:06 PM
Jeez this is getting sillier and sillier. HOW LONG IS HIS CONTRACT??????????

I've had to find myself stepping away from here, its absolute madness.

RaySmith

Doesn't surprise me that he's shy and a private, family oriented  man, along with being a scrapper and a winner on the field.

He must also be pretty p**** off, with he media response, and think it's likely that he will be banned for the rest of the season - though obviously must be aware that he did wrong, but it's probably hard for us to imagine playing in a game,  with so much at stake, putting everything into it and being ahead, and  the best team: then the pen, and everything that happened, when we'd had good pen shouts not even looked at, one involving Mitro himself, along with  may other fouls on him.

I can easily see that someone could lose it in such a situation, especially Mitro, who plays with his heart on his sleeve - another reason why we love him so much at Fulham.

Obviously, he must be aware that his did wrong, but I have empathy for how he responded in the heat of the moment, especially after Marco being sent off and the ref  ignoring him.
he touched the ref - a big no, no, of course, but it wasn't  on the same level as Di cannio pushing a ref to the ground, as said, though he should still be punished.

And we all know how vicious the British media is, anything to sell papers, so I don't find it  too surprising that Mito may be considering leaving Fulham, and going abroad.
Remember he is foreigner, an outsider, in the UK, a private man who probably  doesn't feel very comfortable mixing socially, as much as he loves it at Fulham , and I'm sure like most players, or anyone in the public eye, he doesn't think much of the British press and media, and hates the way he's being portrayed at the moment - which his affects his kids and wife too.

filham

Quote from: General on March 21, 2023, 10:04:21 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on March 21, 2023, 09:49:53 PM
What's arguably more annoying about all of this is that he's been vilified in the media more than someone who's admitted to breaking FA rules on betting, someone who's under police investigation for voyeurism, a drink driver and an alleged rapist and yet here he is being compared to Cantona for touching a referee on the arm

+1 , very strange. I wonder why it's got to such an extreme?
The way Mitro went at the ref was bad but no physical damage was done, we don't know what was said but that will be one word against another, In the cold light of day the incident probably deserves a two or three match ban for Mitro and a warning to Fulham to exercise better control..

However it was live on TV, the media have got hold of it and it has been blown up out of proportion and the FA will now want the world to see that they are not tolerating such incidents .Heavy punishment will be imposed  on both Mitro and Fulham.

alfie

I am going to make my final two comments on this

1. If you were in the middle and had Mitro coming at you in an aggressive and confrontational manner would you have felt threatened, I know I would be.

2. If that had been Fernandez doing that I would say most of us on here would be screaming for his head, demanding they ban him for life. I believe that if that had been a player from any other club we would not be defending it.

I want Mitro to realise the consequences of his actions, come terms with it all and get back to doing what he is best and that's scoring goals

Sorry one more

3. Fulham to seriously enquire why certain things that went on that game were not checked by VAR.

Well that's my lot. It's entirely up to anyone if they want to respond or ignore I don't mind either way.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

I am old fashioned enough to remember the old days of football. I think the poor officiating and the awful running of the game by the money grabbers ha spoilt the game.

Had the roles been reversed and their forward been sent off for touching a referee. I would NOT be yelling like a hysterical idiot, as the media seem to be, for some stupid over the top punishment. A fine and a 6-10 match ban would make sense.

But we live in such odd times. We as a society seem to have become more puritanical while allowing every day official injustice to go unchecked. Like watching the minutes HATE in 1984 or whatever it was. People and papers yelling rubbish while offing their hats to the manipulators.

If Mitro wants to go it will be a tragedy for player, the sport and for us. But the hysterical reaction is sadly becoming scary and normal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SerbianLad

Quote from: alfie on March 22, 2023, 11:30:08 AM
I am going to make my final two comments on this

1. If you were in the middle and had Mitro coming at you in an aggressive and confrontational manner would you have felt threatened, I know I would be.

2. If that had been Fernandez doing that I would say most of us on here would be screaming for his head, demanding they ban him for life. I believe that if that had been a player from any other club we would not be defending it.

I want Mitro to realise the consequences of his actions, come terms with it all and get back to doing what he is best and that's scoring goals

Sorry one more

3. Fulham to seriously enquire why certain things that went on that game were not checked by VAR.

Well that's my lot. It's entirely up to anyone if they want to respond or ignore I don't mind either way.
1. Mitro seemed okay until it appears that ref said something to him. After that he touches the ref to get his attention (which he obviously shouldn't have done) but is still behaving no worse than most footballers in those situations these days. He lost it after he was shown a red (which again he shouldn't have done). There are similar examples of all three things and no one was punished as severly as media want Mitro to be.

2. I've seen very little people defend what Mitro did, most people just want a fair punishment. Not a 10+ game ban for Mitro and 4-6 to others in a similar situation.

I'm sure Mitro is aware that what he did was wrong, since he spoke at lenght multiple times how he has matured a lot in recent years and how he realised he needs to control his emotions better. That resulted in him not getting a single red for Fulham before this incident. I'm sure he's aware what he did now was wrong too.

3. Agreed. Also I think we should request that Kavanagh doesn't referee our games anymore, it seems to have worked for Chelsea after they criticised Taylor.

P. S. Please don't take it the wrong way,but your post seems slightly out of topic in this thread. I personaly don't mind it but maybe there were threads better suited for it.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Guaranteed, the next time he walks onto the pitch at CC
he will get a rousing ovation support
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mickeyboro

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on March 22, 2023, 12:38:38 PM
Assuming there is a next time...[emoji1696]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twig

Quote from: Mickeyboro on March 22, 2023, 02:03:06 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on March 22, 2023, 12:38:38 PM
Assuming there is a next time...[emoji1696]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I'm sure there will be and I, for one, will move heaven and earth to be there.