https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I wonder if Shahid or Tony

Started by perry geyton, March 25, 2023, 08:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: alfie on March 26, 2023, 02:57:17 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 26, 2023, 02:22:31 PM
Well said Alfie.  There aren't any agendas or consipracies, its just human error a lot of the time.

We will hear 'whatabout Klopp' or 'whatabout Arteta', but I also read other fans forums and the general concesnsus that I see is that Marco is a bit of a tw@t really.  I do'n't think that one bit but I can see why his antics will annoy other fans, he does need to wind it in.
What did I say?

Sorry! I meant Arthur!

But I am sure that anything you said will be worthy of the same accolades!

alfie

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 26, 2023, 04:28:40 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 26, 2023, 02:57:17 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 26, 2023, 02:22:31 PM
Well said Alfie.  There aren't any agendas or consipracies, its just human error a lot of the time.

We will hear 'whatabout Klopp' or 'whatabout Arteta', but I also read other fans forums and the general concesnsus that I see is that Marco is a bit of a tw@t really.  I do'n't think that one bit but I can see why his antics will annoy other fans, he does need to wind it in.
What did I say?

Sorry! I meant Arthur!

But I am sure that anything you said will be worthy of the same accolades!
082.gif
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

perry geyton

Quote from: Ruislip White on March 26, 2023, 04:10:03 PM
Quote from: Arthur on March 26, 2023, 03:52:19 AM
Quote from: Cambridge Away on March 25, 2023, 11:42:28 PM
I don't think the red cards were a total loss. It was like we were realistic and gave up on the battle, but the bigger picture is Fulham will win the war. Referees will think twice about being biased towards the masses (over us) in future.

Sometimes, post-match, I go to the fans' forum of our opponents to get their views of the game. An opinion held fairly widely, I would say, among supporters of provincial clubs in the Championship is that Fulham receive preferential treatment from referees when we are in that league because we are a London club. I've read comments along the lines of: 'if that had been us (i.e. our opponents), that goal would have been disallowed'; or 'if that had happened at the other end, the ref gives Fulham a penalty'; they're the same sort of remarks I read on here to do with the 'big' clubs in the P.L. and ourselves. While we, on this forum, don't give a second thought to our three promotions from the Championship being anything other than on merit, there are fans of other clubs who believe we were helped on our way by biased decision-making.

My reason for posting this is to make the point that referees no more deliberately favour the top clubs in the P.L. than they do us when we are in the Championship. They do their best but they make mistakes. Moreover, they know, in my opinion, that a bad error in a match involving a promotion-chasing Fulham side will likely receive more media coverage than it would were it, say, Preston or Hull. Of course, one of the qualities supporters might hope of match officials at the level of professional football is that they will make the same decisions under greater pressure as they would under less pressure. Nevertheless, I'm sure all of us have been in situations where our actions or decisions were open to more damaging scrutiny than usual. How many of us can say the extra weight upon our shoulders had no effect upon our judgment?
Great post and some other decent points on this thread about cricket style appeals and refs feeling more intimated at bigger grounds.  As frustrating as refs can be (inconsistency being probably the most annoying thing), they are human.  We all make mistakes and it's fair to say that none of us get everything right in our day jobs.  They are sometimes let down by VAR, but I don't think there is a big club/small club bias here (I recall Brentford robbing Arsenal this month for example despite vAR).
For those that want to call refs c#### and cheats etc, I'd suggest taking a moment to reflect on how you'd feel if every time you made a mistake at work, people called you the same - then magnify that by thousands of strangers.  It's poor.

Agreed who'd wanna be a ref it's a tough and impossible to get right 100% of the time

The part I do not get though about our game was the blatant shove on Mitrovic in the box on the 2 minute mark, the ref was 15 feet away looking right at it and it didn't even get looked it..

It was as blatant as it gets and there is no excuse for it

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: perry geyton on March 26, 2023, 06:17:11 PM
Agreed who'd wanna be a ref it's a tough and impossible to get right 100% of the time

The part I do not get though about our game was the blatant shove on Mitrovic in the box on the 2 minute mark, the ref was 15 feet away looking right at it and it didn't even get looked it..

[/quote]
Agreed...and to say Refs are not bias... that may be true, but how many times do you hear 40,000 home fans shout for a decision and the Ref gives it.... that is simply subconscious bias...  and bottling being honest... and it happens almost every game at the big clubs...so maybe Refs aren't cheating against the smaller clubs but they are certainly erring towards their favourites.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

perry geyton

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 26, 2023, 07:35:55 PM

Agreed...and to say Refs are not bias... that may be true, but how many times do you hear 40,000 home fans shout for a decision and the Ref gives it.... that is simply subconscious bias...  and bottling being honest... and it happens almost every game at the big clubs...so maybe Refs aren't cheating against the smaller clubs but they are certainly erring towards their favourites.
[/quote]

Truth of the matter is that if you give the big clubs the right decisions you will continue to work and get paid the big money refereeing in the premier league by keeping certain people consistently happy...

Anyone that wants to label that a conspiracy clearly has their blinkers on...

Marco in my opinion did the right thing... although it'll prob do us more damage then good in the long run this season , but it MIGHT wake a few people UP

I Ronic

Big Club bias, possibly. Ten of thousands of fans on your case over the course of a game would be fairly intimidating.
For me it's the inconsistencies of officials. Linos who stand next to a player but don't flag a foul throw. Spot kicks taken yards for the infringement. Refs who allow the game to 'flow' refs that don't. A failure to explain a decision. Refs who don't control the moment when they're surrounded (if the team captain cannot control his players on the field he gets booked).
All lead to uncertainty and the feeling you're being unfairly treated. There's only one body responsible for the current inconsistencies in football and it's the FA. It's not transparent and it doesn't deal with situations quickly enough.

Chutney

Tony Khan had an argument on social media about performing sexual acts on dogs.... I'm not sure he's in a position to criticise anybody on their behaviour to be honest.
C O Y W

toshes mate

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 26, 2023, 07:35:55 PM

The problem is that professional players can always test referees and the big clubs with big followings can cause 'a consensus' like claim just as the terrestrial coverage did.  That the FA chooses week in and week out to ignore this is frankly disgusting given the money they are taking out of the game to do what they claim is a better job.  And those who say referees are seldom biased are talking out of the wrong orifice as has been proven time and time again in detailed analysis across many sports (not all but many and the clue lies in the size of the money trail).  Officials can and do get a lot of stuff wrong and organisations should be geared to deal with it fairly and not ignore it completely or pour salt and vinegar on the wounds of the victims.  The job of the FA is to reduce mistakes made by all connected to the game to a minimum and not watch them pile up and get worse by the season.

perry geyton

Quote from: Chutney on March 29, 2023, 12:48:31 PM
Tony Khan had an argument on social media about performing sexual acts on dogs.... I'm not sure he's in a position to criticise anybody on their behaviour to be honest.
I'm sure that's out of context and rather disrespectful to our owner

Another Yank hater....

alfie

Quote from: perry geyton on March 30, 2023, 04:41:43 PM

Another Yank hater....
I couldn't believe that, I was going to comment, but then thought just ignore it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Penfold

Quote from: perry geyton on March 30, 2023, 04:41:43 PM

Another Yank hater....
I would not say yank hating. Where has nationality been mentioned?

I've disliked chairman, managers etc. Does it mean I hate the country they are from? My most disliked chairman and managers are English. I'm English. I don't hate my country.