more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 26/03/23...

Started by WhiteJC, March 26, 2023, 06:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham linked with Dawidowicz deal
Fulham are tipped to be one of a number clubs considering making an offer for Polish international defender Pawel Dawidowicz who is set to leave Hellas Verona at the end of the season, according to Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.

The Cottagers' interest in the 27 year-old centre half, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, isn't exactly a secret as the former Lechia Gdansk and Benfica stopper featured on Fulham's shortlist when Marco Silva was seeking defensive reinforcements back in the summer. Dawidowicz, who has made more than a hundred appearances in three years at the Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi, is determined to move on in the summer and is intrigued by the prospect of playing in the Premier League.

The 6ft 2in centre half has scored one goal and added another assist in sixteen Serie A appearances for Verona, who are third bottom in the Italian top flight. He has won eight senior caps for his country and is in the current Polish squad, although his last appearance came in the September 2021 1-1 draw with England. Dawidowicz has previously been linked with a move away from Hellas, who will entertain offers for him this summer having rebuffed advances last year, and Di Marzio cites interest from Fulham, Leicester City and a number of Italian clubs.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/03/fulham-linked-with-dawidowicz-deal/

WhiteJC

Stansfield ends Exeter scoring drought
Jay Stansfield scored his first Exeter City goal in 23 matches this afternoon as Gary Caldwell's Grecians fired five past Accrington Stanley at St. James' Park.

The on-loan Fulham forward rounded off the scoring with an emotional first goal in front of the Big Bank that still chants the name of his late father Adam, an Exeter legend, with ten minutes to go. The 20 year-old latched onto a fine through ball from Josh Sparkes, cut inside and scored his first goal at the historic home of his boyhood club.

Stansfield had already created the fourth goal for substitute Jack Scott, squaring for the striker to score with one of his first touches after stepping off the substitutes bench, as City won their third successive home game. Exeter will look to extend their excellent home form against promotion-chasing Barnsley, who include Fulham full back Ziyad Larkeche amongst their squad, on Tuesday night.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/03/stansfield-ends-exeter-scoring-drought/

WhiteJC

Luke Harris' first Cymru interview

WhiteJC

Solomon sets up Israel equaliser
Manor Solomon continued his fine run of form by setting up the equaliser as Israel opened their European Championship qualifying campaign with a 1-1 draw against Kosovo in Tel Aviv this evening.

The visitors took a surprise lead ten minutes before the break when the unfortunate Eli Dasa put through his own net as he attempted to clear a cross from Norwich City winger Milot Rashica with Vedat Muriqi putting the full back under pressure. After Rashica had seen a goal disallowed for handball by the video assistant referee, Solomon supplied the equaliser with a fine cross that was converted by Dor Peterz after a mesmerising individual run that carried the Fulham winger half the length of the field.

Israel rode their luck in the final stages of an absorbing contest as Muriqi was denied a penalty having fallen dramatically in the area and then Rashica blazed over when it seemed simpler to score in the final minute of stoppage time.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/03/solomon-sets-up-israel-equaliser/

WhiteJC

Emotional Jay Stansfield gets his Big Bank goal for Exeter City

"I started to well up a bit as it means that much. To do it in front of the Big Bank, it has nearly taken the whole season, but I am glad I have done it."

Jay Stansfield admitted that he started welling up after breaking his 23 game goal drought and finally scoring in front of the Big Bank. The 20-year-old had not scored for Exeter City since October, but ended that run with the goal all fans had been desperate for him to get.

The Fulham loanee scored twice in the 2-0 win at Barnsley back in October, before also getting goals that month against Southampton's U21s and Fleetwood Town, but both were at the St James Park away end. But the long-awaited Big Bank goal finally came on Saturday in the 5-0 thrashing of Accrington Stanley.

Demetri Mitchell broke the deadlock just before half-time, before goals from Josh Key, Sam Nombe and James Scott put the Grecians well ahead. And in the 81 st minute, the academy product cut inside and drilled home, before celebrating in style as City recorded their biggest league win of the season.

"I was delighted with it, it has been a long time coming," Stansfield said. "I started to well up a bit as it means that much. To do it in front of the Big Bank, it has nearly taken the whole season, but I am glad I have done it.

"My finishing is a key part of my game but this season I have been having chances and not taking them. I came here for my development and to learn and have done that massively and matured as a player. I have not scored as many goals as I would have liked to, but for that one to go in now, it sets me in good position for the end of the season, and I can now kick on."

Stansfield's return to St James Park has been an emotional one. His father Adam was a legend at St James Park before tragically aged just 31, in 2010, he died from bowel cancer. But wearing the same number nine shirt that Adam wore, Jay has had an impressive season back in Devon while on loan from the Cottagers, and despite not scoring as many goals as he would have hoped – the finish on Saturday was a fifth of the season – his all-around game has impressed everyone.

"I have had ups and downs with confidence and to go months without a goal, it was a bit of a kick in the teeth," he added. "But it is all part of the learning and to adapt to it and still perform.

"This was a special moment for the whole family and the fans and it is like having a 12 th man here. The club is amazing and when my time is up I will be devastated, but I have really enjoyed my time here."

Saturday's goal was the first time that Stansfield had found the net under Gary Caldwell's reign. But the Scot has never put any pressure on him and has constantly spoken highly of him and his overall contribution to the team, and couldn't be happier that he finally got back on the scoresheet.

"It was a brilliant moment for Stanno," Caldwell said. "He had gone a long time without a goal, but the training and standards and assists he has got have been class and.

"He gives a phenomenal amount of energy, he is a selfless footballer who creates loads of goals through running or assists. I have been delighted working with him since I have been here and he has maintained those levels and to see that goal, it was a real special moment."

Jay Stansfield of Exeter City celebrates after winning with fans after walking back into the changing room during the Sky Bet League 1 Match between Exeter City and Accrington Stanley at St James Park, Exeter on 25 March 2023. Photo: Tom Sandberg/PPAUK

The win for City saw them climb up to 11 th in the League One table. The Grecians are back in action on Tuesday night when they host Barnsley.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/emotional-jay-stansfield-gets-big-8290416

WhiteJC

JOE BERNSTEIN: Fulham boss Marco Silva is a contender for Manager of the Year, but his sending off at Man United is a reminder he doesn't need to posture like Jose Mourinho - and he should stop pretending to be the Special One

Marco Silva shares many similarities with famed compatriot Jose Mourinho
    Silva has led his team to outperform all of the expectations placed on them
    But Fulham boss emulated the Special One's worst attributes in Man United loss

I once asked Jose Mourinho why there were so few English managers in the Premier League. 'It is my fault,' he said eyes twinkling. 'Managers like myself, Pep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti, we are too successful.'

When I suggested his compatriot Marco Silva, then doing an excellent job at Watford, might be the next one, Jose gave me his trademark scoffing look, making it clear the young man had plenty to do before being mentioned in such exalted company.

And that remains the problem for Silva in his mid-forties.

He's part of a generation that worships Mourinho for giving a small country like Portugal a respected global profile. Yet try as he might, and boy is he trying, he has not reached Mourinho levels, despite mimicking his behaviour to a tee.

That effort may come back to bite him with Silva facing several charges for his behaviour at Manchester United that some believe encouraged his Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic to shove referee Chris Kavanagh.

Silva may deny modelling himself on the Special One but there are similarities from the dapper appearance – Silva's swept-back dark hair reminiscent of the Fonz – to detailed team tactics, structure and organisation.

On a recent podcast, Andy Robertson praised his influence at Hull City, saying Silva's demands for high standards had prepared him for working under Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

Inside clubs, Silva is also a popular figure. At Chelsea they used to say Mourinho was charming around camp and provocative in front of the TV cameras whereas Claudio Ranieri was the opposite.

Fulham is just a couple of miles from where Mourinho's won three Premier League titles at Stamford Bridge but Silva has also aped the less savoury side of his idol; regularly showing a face to the media and officials that can be irritable at best, and aggressive at worst.

Mourinho's charisma sometimes shielded his reputation from some unsavoury incidents. He criticised the Reading ambulance service after a serious injury to goalkeeper Petr Cech. After he insinuated referee Anders Frisk had cosy chats with Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard during a Champions League game, the official received death threats, and decided to retire.

Yet Mourinho was protected by being a serial winner. Even when he was filmed charging towards officials to berate them, it was turned into a humorous meme.

You can understand why Silva has been tempted to follow his countryman's siege mentality. When current Chelsea manager Graham Potter doesn't rant and rave, he's condemned for being too passive.

Yet the 45-year-old has misjudged the mood music. He is not a double Champions League winner or lifted titles in England, Spain and Italy.

His red card at Old Trafford and subsequent charges of abusing the referee and fourth official, and throwing a water bottle, comes at a time when grassroots referees feel particularly vulnerable to verbal and physical attacks.

Silva should realise he doesn't need to posture like Mourinho to be successful. His Fulham team, tipped for relegation, are in the top half of the table making him one of the managers of the year.

Mourinho could be Mourinho because his peak was in a different era and he had massive budgets to buy players to win silverware. Now he's in decline and his three red cards at Roma this season are viewed as a sad pantomime act.

Marco is not Mourinho. Pretending isn't doing him any good.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11899325/Marco-Silva-excellent-Fulham-boss-avoid-copying-Jose-Mourinhos-worst-traits.html

WhiteJC

Stansfield: 'I started to well up after scoring'
An emotional Jay Stansfield admitted he 'started to well up' after scoring his first goal in 23 games for Exeter City in front of the Big Bank this afternoon.

The on-loan Fulham forward finished off the scoring as Gary Caldwell's Grecians thrashed Accrington Stanley 5-0 at St. James' Park this afternoon, getting on the end of a raking through ball from Jordan Sparkes and lashing a finish between the goalkeeper and the near post to round off Exeter's biggest win of the season. Joyous celebrations followed to mark the end of the 20 year-old's barren run in front of goal and his first senior goal at the home of his boyhood club.

After scoring his first goal since October, Stansfield told Devon Live:

"I was delighted with it, it has been a long time coming. I started to well up a bit as it means that much. To do it in front of the Big Bank, it has nearly taken the whole season, but I am glad I have done it. My finishing is a key part of my game but this season I have been having chances and not taking them. I came here for my development and to learn and have done that massively and matured as a player. I have not scored as many goals as I would have liked to, but for that one to go in now, it sets me in good position for the end of the season, and I can now kick on."

The young striker, whose late father Adam was a club legend, feels he has learned plenty from his goalscoring drought and reiterated how special the support of the City fans has been for him personally.

"I have had ups and downs with confidence and to go months without a goal, it was a bit of a kick in the teeth. But it is all part of the learning and to adapt to it and still perform. This was a special moment for the whole family and the fans and it is like having a twelfth man here. The club is amazing and when my time is up I will be devastated, but I have really enjoyed my time here."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/03/stansfield-i-started-to-well-up-after-scoring/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic earmarked by Man Utd over transfer before self-inflicted disaster

EXCLUSIVE Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic had been a target for the Red Devils before his implosion against United in the FA Cup last weekend when he was one of three sent off

Aleksandar Mitrovic may have cost himself a move to Manchester United - with his red-card rage at Old Trafford.

The Fulham striker, who has scored 12 times in all competitions this season, had been earmarked by United as a potential target in the summer window. But that was before his dismissal in the Londoners' controversial 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final reverse to the Reds seven days ago - and subsequent FA charge for violent conduct.

Mitrovic, 28, was sent off for shoving referee Chris Kavanagh and compounded matters by continuing his rant at the official in an aggressive fashion before being hauled away. How much damage that moment of madness in the 72nd minute has done to United's interest in the Serbian star remains to be seen.

For if his live audition in front of Reds boss Erik Ten Hag began well enough - with Mitrovic putting the visitors ahead - it ended in self-inflicted disaster. The FA confirmed last week he faces a longer ban than the usual three matches for a straight red. It is possible Mitrovic will not play again this season.

That would be a massive blow to Fulham's top six ambitions - and deny him further opportunities to impress clubs, home and abroad, tracking him. In addition to United, Mitrovic is on the radar of Chelsea, Tottenham, and Barcelona following his excellent campaign for Marco Silva's men.

Fulham boss Silva was also sent off at Old Trafford as he reacted furiously to the VAR review, which led to a United penalty, Willian's red card for handball - and Mitrovic blowing a fuse. The FA have charged the Portuguese coach as well as both clubs for failing to control their players.

But Mitrovic is in the deepest trouble with the FA under pressure to make an example of him amid the growing number of cases of grass-roots referees being attacked - verbally and physically. There have been calls for Mitrovic, who played in Serbia's win over Lithuania on Friday, to be suspended from anywhere between six matches to six months.

But ten games is thought to be the most likely punishment.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/aleksandar-mitrovic-manchester-united-fulham-29548516

WhiteJC

Premier League Fulham are urged to scrap plans to build a pier on the Thames that would allow them to ferry fans to and from Craven Cottage amid fears it would cause major disruption to The Boat Race's iconic route

Fulham Football Club want to increase a stand's capacity by offering ferries
    Local campaigners believe this will negatively impact on other river-users
    It will also disrupt The Boat Race route which goes right past Craven Cottage

Fulham Football Club have been urged to abandon plans to build a pier on the Thames that could cause major disruption to the route of the The Boat Race.

The Premier League's club proposal to offer a boat service to its reconstructed Riverside Stand would hurt thousands of river-users from sailing clubs, youth clubs and schools, campaigners have said.

Ahead of Sunday's historic Boat Race on a route that passes Fulham's stadium Craven Cottage, the head of the sport's ruling body said the club's plan could inflict serious damage on the sport.

Mark Davies, chair of British Rowing, said the arrival of passenger ferries docking and turning at the ground would make it very difficult for anyone to row on the Thames.

'That stretch of water will become pretty well unusable,' he said. 'I'm not sure people understand just how many people use that course, from all over the country. Ignore the Boat Race, for a moment. These are clubs from all over the country. All sorts of people, all sorts of ages, schools up to veterans. And they're all using that as their main rowing course.

Sunday's Boat Race takes the crews past Fulham Football Club's Craven Cottage stadium

Fulham want to ferry fans across the River Thames to increase capacity, angering campaigners

'Major events take place, but it's also the major training venue. It's [like] Wembley and St George's Park.

'Imagine if somebody said, "Let's put an Underground station on the Nursery Ground at Lord's, so that we can improve transport links for the sake of a commercial organisation." There's no chance that anybody would accept it.'

The Mail on Sunday understands that Fulham is pressing ahead with plans to introduce a passenger boat service to its £80m new stand, which will increase the stadium capacity from 25,700 to 29,600.

Designs for the new development, which is due to open this year, have shown it to include restaurants, a hotel, riverside market and meeting and events spaces.

One proposal included a pier and clipper ferry stop jutting out into the Thames, with the ferries due to use it potentially making it difficult for other river-users to continue with their activities.

A petition, entitled Stop The Pier, was launched last year try to stop the development of the boat service. As of Saturday, it had reached 17,184 signatures.

The 4.2-mile course of the Boat Race, featuring crews from Cambridge and Oxford, starts at Putney Bridge before running past Craven Cottage and finishing at Chiswick Bridge.

Davies said the general public could easily under-estimate how crowded that section of river could get. This is partly because the Boat Race, which is broadcast live on the BBC TV, takes place at high tide when the river is at its widest. Fleur Anderson, the Labour MP of Putney, was disappointed to discover Fulham were seeking to press ahead with the plans. To proceed, it would require the approval from Hammersmith and Fulham Council and the Port of London Authority.

'If the plans go ahead, they will mean very large ferries coming down a relatively safe piece of river, which is used by thousands of people, lots rowing clubs, school clubs and youth clubs,' she said.

'They all say it's going to be too dangerous. They can all go out onto the water there. They can't just move up or down the river. The river conditions don't allow that.'

Fulham were approached for comment. When Anderson raised the issue in Parliament last April, the club said: 'Fulham's design would create substantial and obvious benefits to the local community. The club is encouraged by the results of an initial survey in the local area for a passenger pier service, which showed with over 80 per cent [of respondents] in favour. Fulham will continue to liaise with all relevant stakeholders as it moves forward.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11902691/Fulhams-crowd-ferries-spark-anger-campaigners-disrupt-river-Boat-Race.html

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic 'ruined Man Utd transfer chances' with red card rage at Old Trafford

Fulham's talismanic forward Aleksandar Mitrovic may have lost more than just his cool during his extraordinary outburst against Mancheste United in the FA Cup last weekend

Aleksandar Mitrovic's recent meltdown at Manchester United may have scuppered his chances of signing for the Red Devils this summer.

The Fulham talisman actually put the Cottagers in front at Old Trafford last Sunday, which would have no doubt been registered by those at the top of the United hierarchy who are thought to have been keen on landing the Serbian's signature at the end of the season, as per the Daily Star.

However, what followed soon after his goal appears to have ended any hopes he may have had of lining up in front of the Stretford End on a regular basis. Mitrovic was shown a red card for shoving referee Chris Kavanagh and was then slapped with a violent conduct charge from the Football Association.

If the initial clash with the official was bad enough, Mitrovic made matters worse by screaming in the referee's face and refusing to remove himself from the situation.

Whether the outburst has well and truly ended any interest United may have had in the striker remains to be seen, but the 28-year-old has hardly helped his chances after letting his emotions get the best of him in such explosive fashion.

The FA already confirmed last week that the former Newcastle ace faces a longer ban than the usual three matches a player recieves after a straight red. There is every chance that Mitrovic does not play again this season.

If that were to be the case, it would both severely dent Mitrovic's hopes of landing a move to a big-six side like United and hamper Fulham's European ambitions.

Marco Silva's men currently sit ninth, but are a mere three points away from the Europa Conference League spots. While the Fulham boss was also shown a red card against United, he called on Mitrovic to do better.

Asked whether his striker can expect a lengthy ban, Silva replied: "I didn't see in a so, so bad way, he pushed the referee and Mitro should control his emotions. I saw the image and I will speak with him.

"But I hope the people who are going to decide do so with fairness that the moment deserves."

Despite Silva's claim, the FA are under pressure to make an example out of Mitrovic in a bid to try and send a message and stamp out cases of grassroots referees being attacked, both verbally and physically.

At this time, it is believed that a 10-game ban for the forward is the mot likely outcome.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mitrovic-manutd-transfer-fa-ban-29551847

WhiteJC

Man Utd 'put Aleksandar Mitrovic on list of targets' but Fulham rage may scupper move
Manchester United have transfer interest in Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Manchester United had put Aleksandar Mitrovic on a list of potential summer signings before his red card for Fulham last Sunday, according to reports. The Serbia international has been in fine form this season, netting 12 goals from 25 appearances. However, his rage at Old Trafford seven days ago may now have cost him a blockbuster move.

Manchester United beat Fulham 3-1 in the FA Cup last weekend, with a late double from Bruno Fernandes and Marcel Sabitzer strike giving them a vital victory.

However, Mitrovic found himself in the spotlight after opening the scoring - before then seeing red after pushing referee Chris Kavanagh.

And according to The Mirror, United were eyeing the Serbia international before he allowed his temper to boil over.

It's claimed they added him to a list of potential targets, with Erik ten Hag hunting for an upgrade on the divisive Wout Weghorst.

But with Mitrovic now expected to receive an extended ban for his antics, it's unclear if United will choose to press ahead with a deal.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1750861/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Aleksandar-Mitrovic-Fulham

WhiteJC

Tottenham and Chelsea want £22m striker with 125 PL appearances

Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea are interested in signing Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, and so are Manchester United.

Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United eye Aleksandar Mitrovic
That's according to The Daily Star, who have added that Barcelona are also interested in signing the former Newcastle United striker from Fulham in the summer transfer window.

The Serbia international striker was sent off for Fulham against Manchester United in the FA Cup.

And, according to the report, that could affect Mitrovic's chances of joining Erik ten Hag's team at Old Trafford.

HITC Verdict: Summer transfer could happen
In our view, Tottenham Hotspur or Chelsea could be able to sign Aleksandar Mitrovic from Fulham in the summer transfer window.

Yes, Fulham are doing well at the moment, but Tottenham and Chelsea are bigger clubs, and the chance to move to Spurs or the Blues could be very tempting to the 28-year-old.

Mitrovic has scored 35 goals and created 15 big chances in 125 appearances in the Premier League so far in his career.

The 28-year-old has scored 11 goals and given one assist in 21 Premier League appearances for Fulham so far this season.

Last season in the Championship, Mitrovic scored 43 goals and gave seven assists in 44 games.

Fulham paid an initial £22 million to Newcastle to sign Mitrovic (Sky Sports),

If the Cottagers do sell the striker this summer, then they are very likely to ask much more than that amount.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/03/26/tottenham-and-chelsea-want-22m-striker-with-125-pl-appearances/

WhiteJC

Tottenham and Man United keen to sign Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic

Tottenham Hotspur are now keen to make a move for Fulham talisman Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer.

A report from the Daily Star suggests that a number of clubs are interested in the Serbian international.

Manchester United and Chelsea are also credited with interest in the 28-year-old who has silenced plenty of his doubters this season.

After previously struggling in the Premier League, Aleksandar Mitrovic quickly reached double figures for high-flying Fulham.

Extenuating circumstances were to blame during his last stint in the Premier League, with Scott Parker not fancying Mitrovic.

However, Marco Silva has got the best out of the Serb, who is the club's top scorer once again this season.

The Portuguese was asked about Mitrovic this season and said: "The numbers of Mitrovic are unbelievable, they are outstanding. Since I arrived in this football club, in 57 games he scored 52 goals. It is an unbelievable number for a striker."

Now, it appears Tottenham want to sign Mitrovic from Fulham this summer with Harry Kane's future in doubt.

Tottenham keen on Fulham star Mitrovic
The report from the Daily Star states that, 'In addition to United, Mitrovic is on the radar of Chelsea, Tottenham, and Barcelona following his excellent campaign for Marco Silva's men.'

Mitrovic is widely regarded as a brutish target man, however, he offers so much more to Fulham than just being a body to aim at.

The 28-year-old links up play superbly for Marco Silva's side, and has brilliant vision and technique.

Although he's not on the same level as Harry Kane, there are some similarities between the two players.

Kane only has a year left on his current contract, meaning speculation around his future is beginning.

If Tottenham did sign Mitrovic from Fulham, he could work with or instead of Kane in their current set-up.

The likelihood is he'd be brought in to compete with the England forward rather than to try and replace him.

Mitrovic is in hot water right now after his sending off against Manchester United in the FA Cup.

It's currently unclear how long his ban will be.

If he does leave in the summer, there's a chance he's already played his final game for Fulham.

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-and-man-united-keen-to-sign-fulham-forward-aleksandar-mitrovic/

WhiteJC

Chelsea transfer news: Blues add Aleksandar Mitrovic to summer radar

Chelsea could reportedly have a chance at signing Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic amid news that Manchester United might drop their interest in the Serbian international.

According to the Daily Star, the Red Devils might chance their stance on signing the 28-year-old after his red card earlier in the month against United in the FA Cup, with Mitrovic expected to be out for the remainder of the season having made physical contact with referee Chris Kavanagh.

As a result, Chelsea could now be in the running to secure Mitrovic's signature, with the report stating that the Blues, as well as FC Barcelona and Tottenham, are interested in signing the Fulham talisman, with the striker expected to leave Craven Cottage this summer.

With 12 goals in all competitions this season, Mitrovic has already out-scored everyone in the Chelsea squad this year by a considerable margin, with Kai Havertz the leading scorer in Graham Potter's side this campaign with just nine in total.

Indeed, Mitrovic could be a great signing for Chelsea given how much of a revamp the Blues' attacking depth needs, with the Serbian an ideal compliment to the incoming Christopher Nkunku, with Fulham also potentially open to cashing in on the striker at this stage in his career.

However, given Chelsea's record with signing strikers of Mitrovic's profile, the west London side could be better off taking a new approach under Potter in their hunt to land a new leading man, with the 28-year-old potentially another flop waiting to happen.

Chelsea should steer clear of signing Mitrovic this summer
Mitrovic has finally established himself as a Premier League striker this season, with Marco Silva getting the best out of the former Newcastle United man and taking his game to a whole new level. Yet for Chelsea, the Blues would be wise to steer-clear of the 28-year-old.

As we know, Nkunku is already coming in for Chelsea this summer from RB Leipzig, and whilst Potter cleary needs more than just the French international, Mitrovic would be a poor move in the market given how likely it is that the Serbian will end up flopping at the Bridge.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-blues-add-aleksandar-mitrovic-to-summer-radar/

hovewhite

Perish the thought that the khan's would sanction a transfer,but after the manure debacle what does every one think would they sanction a transfer?
Me I think they would get TK with a charm initiative to keep him as he is the focal point for the team.
Maybe you tech heads could start a vote thread.

Marcus

Mitro is an absolute legend, already one of the greatest players to ever wear the shirt... and we have had some good ones... be a very sad day if he ever leaves, and hope he doesn't, at least until we are properly established... we need at least one more good season to even be close to saying that. Anyway, we are in a very strong bargaining position regarding his salary and length of contract, it would take a massive fee.

Woolly Mammoth

If Fulham are to compete in the Premier League and not only hold our own but start winning Trophies, and at the same time giving teams a bloody nose, we need characters and winners like Mitro if Fulham wish to establish themselves in the top flight, rather than flirt with relegation each year.
Opponents should not only respect and admire our football but we have to make sure they fear us and not look forward to playing us knowing that we are capable of out passing, outplaying, out running and out muscling them, not forgetting out scoring them.
We have to
show that we can be a beast when necessary and not good losers, that image has to go.
Naturally nobody wanted to witness what took
place in the closing stages of our FA Cup match last Sunday, but if Fulham are going to lose, then at least leave a calling card and go down fighting.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 26, 2023, 12:29:32 PM
If Fulham are to compete in the Premier League and not only hold our own but start winning Trophies, and at the same time giving teams a bloody nose, we need characters and winners like Mitro if Fulham wish to establish themselves in the top flight, rather than flirt with relegation each year.
Opponents should not only respect and admire our football but we have to make sure they fear us and not look forward to playing us knowing that we are capable of out passing, outplaying, out running and out muscling them, not forgetting out scoring them.
We have to
show that we can be a beast when necessary and not good losers, that image has to go.
Naturally nobody wanted to witness what took
place in the closing stages of our FA Cup match last Sunday, but if Fulham are going to lose, then at least leave a calling card and go down fighting.

:plus one:
Well said Sir, we are team that fights now and fortress Cottage is a place you don't want to go to as an away game .
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 26, 2023, 12:29:32 PM
If Fulham are to compete in the Premier League and not only hold our own but start winning Trophies, and at the same time giving teams a bloody nose, we need characters and winners like Mitro if Fulham wish to establish themselves in the top flight, rather than flirt with relegation each year.  Opponents should not only respect and admire our football but we have to make sure they fear us and not look forward to playing us knowing that we are capable of out passing, outplaying, out running and out muscling them, not forgetting out scoring them. We have to show that we can be a beast when necessary and not good losers, that image has to go.
Naturally nobody wanted to witness what took place in the closing stages of our FA Cup match last Sunday, but if Fulham are going to lose, then at least leave a calling card and go down fighting.

Nice post Woolly.  Agreed.  And to accomplish all of this FFC must also learn how to 'keep' their star talent.  Not just Mitrovic, but others will come calling for the likes of Robinson, Palhinha, Pereira, Solomon, et al.