watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Since it's practically guaranteed we're going to be a Premier League club next season, the transfer rumour mill has kicked in quite early with some alleged links to players so I thought I would start a new thread for the summer, rather than drop them in the old winter edition:

(this guy is very unreliable though)

filham

Our priority has to be to ensure, Mitro, Robinson, Palhina and Solomon will start next season. The risk of course is that late attractive offers could come from big clubs leaving us high and dry.

Friendsoffulham

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Plenty of links about Pereira potentially leaving.
Good profit but must be wisely spent.

3rdgenfan

Best deal will be signing Marco Silva to a longer contract

Buffalo76

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on March 29, 2023, 10:26:39 AM

We were 'reportedly' interested in him last summer. A young talent , it would be good 2 get 1 over justabusstopinhounslow fc - assuming they're also interested.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on March 29, 2023, 10:17:38 AM
Our priority has to be to ensure, Mitro, Robinson, Palhina and Solomon will start next season. The risk of course is that late attractive offers could come from big clubs leaving us high and dry.

I would add Pereira to that list.  I think very important for ownership/management to maintain the star talent already in the team, and add more to the team.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on March 29, 2023, 10:17:38 AM

Only if we accept the offers for those in contracts already.  Solomon, Willian are the key ones to make to begin with with Silva closely followed (although Id like to think the kitty he is given is dependent on him signing for longer). Palhinha wont be going.

I think Tosin is the most likely to leave out of our squad so a new CB will be important.

DadCreature

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 30, 2023, 05:45:59 PM

I'd say that's a bit much for him.  He's young and has a lot of potential, but that's an "if an EPL team buys him" number - I don't think anyone in the BL would pay that much.

Jims Dentist

JimOG

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 03, 2023, 12:19:40 PM
Wouldn't mind Jack Clarke from Sunderland.

Yes he caused us no end of trouble in that cup tie

Deeping_white

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 03, 2023, 02:21:23 PM

I like the look of this bloke and i am not surprised he is attracting attention for all the right reasons. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

FFC1987

If Leicester go down....Daka or Ihenacho could be brilliant additions to our backup/starting competition for Mitro and likely affordable?

JimOG

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 16, 2023, 09:03:31 AMIf Leicester go down....Daka or Ihenacho could be brilliant additions to our backup/starting competition for Mitro and likely affordable?

I rate Iheanacho highly. He's quick, skilful scores goals and is only 26 with one year left on his contract. With the way we played yesterday he'd be a hue bonus

FFC1987

Quote from: JimOG on April 16, 2023, 09:56:03 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 16, 2023, 09:03:31 AMIf Leicester go down....Daka or Ihenacho could be brilliant additions to our backup/starting competition for Mitro and likely affordable?

I rate Iheanacho highly. He's quick, skilful scores goals and is only 26 with one year left on his contract. With the way we played yesterday he'd be a hue bonus

I'd love us to keep James as an alternative for either closing out games and utilising his pace or in a rotation role like he played yesterday, but I don't see value in paying what would be required tk get him out of his contract. Irrespective  of they go down or not whereas he Ihenacho would be a classy backup and not dissimilar to the role he currently has in the Leicester squad. Daka might be more tricky in terms of finances.

I know a lot is made of the 'who would come to play backup to Mitro' but lots of squad navigate around this. No reason why we can't find ambitious yet reasonable squad players like others have.

Deeping_white

Pluto

Nelson would be a really interesting signing