https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demeant0r

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 16, 2023, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: JimOG on April 16, 2023, 09:56:03 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 16, 2023, 09:03:31 AMIf Leicester go down....Daka or Ihenacho could be brilliant additions to our backup/starting competition for Mitro and likely affordable?

I rate Iheanacho highly. He's quick, skilful scores goals and is only 26 with one year left on his contract. With the way we played yesterday he'd be a hue bonus

I'd love us to keep James as an alternative for either closing out games and utilising his pace or in a rotation role like he played yesterday, but I don't see value in paying what would be required tk get him out of his contract. Irrespective  of they go down or not whereas he Ihenacho would be a classy backup and not dissimilar to the role he currently has in the Leicester squad. Daka might be more tricky in terms of finances.

I know a lot is made of the 'who would come to play backup to Mitro' but lots of squad navigate around this. No reason why we can't find ambitious yet reasonable squad players like others have.

If we sign a speedy striker like Iheanacho, I'd like to see is switch tactics to 442, would be the only way we could accommodate two great strikers.

ianthailand

Quote from: Pluto on April 18, 2023, 12:28:07 AMNelson would be a really interesting signing
Would we have to go back to Admiral kits?

btffc

I don't think Nelson is good enough to be the starting RW signing but he's on a free and if he's one of two then I'm good with it.

wback

There's a few players at each of the relegation-threatened teams who would improve our squad:

Everton: Doucoure/Onana
Forest: Johnson
Leeds: Wober/Harrison/Adams
Southampton: Ward-Prowse (and I think Djenepo and Salisu would be good in a decent team)
Leicester: Castagne/Dewsbury-Hall/Barnes/Ndidi/Mendy/Iheanacho

Some of these are clearly destined for bigger things, but it's a decent list.

simplyfulham

I think there's a few more players from Southampton tbh.

Bella-Kotchap, Sekou Mara.. maybe a couple of others.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 16, 2023, 09:03:31 AMIf Leicester go down....Daka or Ihenacho could be brilliant additions to our backup/starting competition for Mitro and likely affordable?

I rate Iheanacho highly. He's quick, skilful scores goals and is only 26 with one year left on his contract. With the way we played yesterday he'd be a hue bonus

I'd love us to keep James as an alternative for either closing out games and utilising his pace or in a rotation role like he played yesterday, but I don't see value in paying what would be required tk get him out of his contract. Irrespective  of they go down or not whereas he Ihenacho would be a classy backup and not dissimilar to the role he currently has in the Leicester squad. Daka might be more tricky in terms of finances.

I know a lot is made of the 'who would come to play backup to Mitro' but lots of squad navigate around this. No reason why we can't find ambitious yet reasonable squad players like others have.

True on James. Whether Leeds are up or down next season, it would probably cost 18 - 20 million to purchase him due to his original transfer fee. I think he is playing a valuable role this season, but don't think he is worth that much. Another loan is also possible, but I think the club should be aiming for a higher pedigree of player for their 2 domestic loan spots.

If we ended up spending 15 - 20 million on a Leeds player, I'd rather it be Sinasterra or Adams.

FFC1987

Quote from: WolverineFFC on April 18, 2023, 01:06:37 PM

True on James. Whether Leeds are up or down next season, it would probably cost 18 - 20 million to purchase him due to his original transfer fee. I think he is playing a valuable role this season, but don't think he is worth that much. Another loan is also possible, but I think the club should be aiming for a higher pedigree of player for their 2 domestic loan spots.

If we ended up spending 15 - 20 million on a Leeds player, I'd rather it be Sinasterra or Adams.

For me, Gnoto at that money. Would be replacing for potential and pace and the kid looks very good albeit needs coaching.

Deeping_white

I appreciate we might have stiff competition that seems a better prospect than ourselves, but if Leicester go down I would be paying good money to get Maddison playing for us. He's got Pereira's dead ball expertise but I think he adds more in open play so would love to see him play for Fulham - I would go as far as taking the rumoured £30m for Pereira and spending that straight on Maddison if that's his asking price

wback

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 18, 2023, 01:33:32 PMI appreciate we might have stiff competition that seems a better prospect than ourselves, but if Leicester go down I would be paying good money to get Maddison playing for us. He's got Pereira's dead ball expertise but I think he adds more in open play so would love to see him play for Fulham - I would go as far as taking the rumoured £30m for Pereira and spending that straight on Maddison if that's his asking price

I think he's nailed on for a move to a top 6 club. Arsenal if he's lucky, Spurs if he's not.

FFC1987

Quote from: wback on April 18, 2023, 02:20:23 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on April 18, 2023, 01:33:32 PMI appreciate we might have stiff competition that seems a better prospect than ourselves, but if Leicester go down I would be paying good money to get Maddison playing for us. He's got Pereira's dead ball expertise but I think he adds more in open play so would love to see him play for Fulham - I would go as far as taking the rumoured £30m for Pereira and spending that straight on Maddison if that's his asking price

I think he's nailed on for a move to a top 6 club. Arsenal if he's lucky, Spurs if he's not.

See, I think Newcastle will get him. Would add quite the skill set to quite an industrious midfield.

Deeping_white

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 18, 2023, 09:00:20 PM

I think he'll end up at Spurs. A very Spurs signing when you consider who they currently have in the middle.

itombomb

Lavia is Southampton's best player and he is the one everyone should be trying to get. They've been quite sensible with signings/wages over the last couple of years though (apart from the Onuacho panic buy), so if they do go down I don't think they'll have to do much offloading on the cheap. JWP would start ahead of Reed, but I expect he'd prioritise offers at a bigger club.

Everton are completely screwed if they go down, but there aren't many players who would make us much better. Doucoure's contract is up apparently and you'd expect Silva would be interested. I thought he was pretty poor at Arsenal, but Iwobi has been consistently been very good (and with Pickford Everton's best player) as a no.8 for the last couple of years and would actually be a very useful player - his athleticism would challenge the opposition in a way Reed isn't able to.

Not sure how Leeds are set financially, but they have a lot of very good players and have been crippled by a poor defence, injuries and no striker. Harrison, Sinesterra and Wober are all very good PL players who would challenge to start for us. Adams is a very interesting one to me, he probably wouldn't start for us in Marco's current system with the sole No.6, but is an excellent young player, is a leader, and if he were available for around £15m, would be as good a replacement/successor to Joao you could get for that money.

There are very few Forest players I would touch. Johnson and MGW are both very good young players, but would cost far too much (the latter is a better 8/10 than Pereira imo, but not that much better). If Lodi was available on a loan, or on the cheap, he'd be much better competition for Robinson than Kurzawa - and with our Brazilian/Portuguese connection you'd think he could settle in well.

Iheneacho would be an interesting one as people have said, but I think most other Leicester players I would want - Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison* - would all be after 'bigger' things. *didn't include Ndidi as he's not been the same player since his injury last season.

e4b

Carvalho reportedly leaving Liverpool. would we want him back?  https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1176192763?-11176:824

jayffc

Deeping_white

Quote from: e4b on April 19, 2023, 09:27:39 AMCarvalho reportedly leaving Liverpool. would we want him back?  https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1176192763?-11176:824

As long as we only pay what we sold him for considering they've stagnated his career. Knowing those thieves they'll want about £30m for him despite only giving him splinters in his bum from being on the bench for a year

Surlyc

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 19, 2023, 09:54:03 AM
Quote from: e4b on April 19, 2023, 09:27:39 AMCarvalho reportedly leaving Liverpool. would we want him back?  https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1176192763?-11176:824

As long as we only pay what we sold him for considering they've stagnated his career. Knowing those thieves they'll want about £30m for him despite only giving him splinters in his bum from being on the bench for a year
This is exactly my view. I'd happily have him back if we just reverse the "transfer" from last summer, but I'm not interested in paying a penny more given that he hasn't been given the chance to progress at Anfield.

Liverpool have a long track record for selling young way above their market value, so I'd expect him to move to West Ham for £15m.

e4b

Think he would want to play in the Prem rather than the Championship. ::ahah::

St Eve