https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

jayffc

Clearly didn't fancy Frankfurt

Surely not a bad option at all on a free transfer. Especially if Cairney were to depart.

Thailand Mick

I posted before about us taking a look at him, Arsenal bid over 30m for him a couple of seasons ago and it was turned down.On a free transfer i definately think its worth the gamble and i think we could possibly offer better wages than frankfurt.

Bassey the warrior

We've missed Carvalho this season and I'd love him back if the deal was right. Klopp should've never signed him really, he's great in a role that Klopp's teams don't use.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on April 19, 2023, 03:49:41 PMWe've missed Carvalho this season and I'd love him back if the deal was right. Klopp should've never signed him really, he's great in a role that Klopp's teams don't use.

I think, if Klopp wanted to sign him, that he felt he could coach him to become Firminho's replacement. Classy on the ball, has an engine, knows where the net is so it's not a wild leap to make.

WindyCity

I just posted in the Carvalho thread, would probably not bring him back to FFC if he were available.  There's likely a reason he has now become available again, I'd probably shy away....

colinwhite

like cavalho but couldn't see him displacing peirera . He would be completion for that spot which would be good. But what would he cost?.price is the main issue for me.

btffc

Supposedly, it is only a loan Carvalho will go out on. They aren't selling him. No interest from me if that is the case.

Twig

As I said on the Carv thread, why would he want to return to us just to warm the bench? Unlikely to get much playing time so not a great loan option for Liverpool and if he were up for sale he'd surely be too expensive as a back up squad member?

e4b

I hear often that we need a plan B. Carv is a different type of player to Peirera a plan B perhaps

Deeping_white

This fella is Palhinha MK2, so if Leeds are interested we should be all over signing him

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 19, 2023, 08:38:00 PM
This fella is Palhinha MK2, so if Leeds are interested we should be all over signing him

No way we will be able to sign him, whilst we've still got Palhinha. He's too good for the bench. So if we sign him, it will be as a Palhinha replacement imo

Somerset Fulham

Not Fulham related but absolutely fair play to Steve Parish for calling this sh!t out.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 20, 2023, 06:09:03 PMNot Fulham related but absolutely fair play to Steve Parish for calling this sh!t out.

They've since added, 'Crystal Palace chief Steve Parish has poured cold water on the report.' which is the third last sentence......so basically, its a load of shite, but still read to find out its a load of ol cobbler till the end please.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 21, 2023, 09:35:54 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 20, 2023, 06:09:03 PMNot Fulham related but absolutely fair play to Steve Parish for calling this sh!t out.

They've since added, 'Crystal Palace chief Steve Parish has poured cold water on the report.' which is the third last sentence......so basically, its a load of shite, but still read to find out its a load of ol cobbler till the end please.

Yep.  Clickbait bollocks from a bollocks of a publication.  Dreadful stuff.

I have thought this since he was at Spurs, but I would love to see us pick up Kyle Walker Peters, especially if Southampton drop. He is more than an able backup for Kenny.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 21, 2023, 09:28:48 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 21, 2023, 09:35:54 AM

Yep.  Clickbait bollocks from a bollocks of a publication.  Dreadful stuff.

I have thought this since he was at Spurs, but I would love to see us pick up Kyle Walker Peters, especially if Southampton drop. He is more than an able backup for Kenny.

I've no idea why, but I think he'll get picked up by a big club even as rotation. Big fan as well. Watching the match tonight with the in laws, went through the players I'd think teams in Prem would try and poach if they go down and the list was basically, Ward-Prowse, Walker Peters and Lavia.

Secretly, at cost, as well as the above which I think will be beyond us, I wouldn't be against Armstrong, Sulimana and Alcaraz for squad depth.

Deeping_white

Deeping_white

jayffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 23, 2023, 10:50:04 AM

Yes Please
We've shown the last few games that actually we can play a more fluid style without a hold-up man up top, Dembele gives a different threat. Vini out Dembele in would be a massive upgrade.

bencher

Sliding doors question, but if we had not lost Dembele MKII would we have ever signed Mitro? I suspect not, and I wonder where we would be as a club in that alternate universe?