watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5 subs made...

Started by nwg, April 01, 2023, 04:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka

Five subs that made no difference at all.
Don't blame Marco Silver as the squad is so thin on quality he just doesn't have the luxury of having a "plan B".
His frustration is becoming obvious and goes a long way to explaining why he is venting it on anyone officiating the games.

Whitestone

The subs all came too late. It was obvious long before before Bournemouth got the second that we needed to change something, whether that be strategy or personnel. Bournemouth were proactive and made two subs at half time and were instantly rewarded with the equaliser. They are a really poor side with an inferior squad to ours. We had more than enough in our squad today to get the three points which is what make's todays performance so disappointing.

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on April 01, 2023, 06:28:19 PM
Quote from: Twig on April 01, 2023, 05:10:25 PM
Put one of the youngsters up front at least they'll be hungry to prove themselves. If that was Vinicius showing us how he's going to grab his opportunity with both hands then ......oh dear.

I'm not sure we have any youngsters that are good enough to step up, which is probably why we don't see them in the match-day squad. I think we have to find a way, probably with Vinicius, until Mitro returns.

I guess my point is that Vini clearly isn't good enough but neither does he seem to bust a gut trying. I think I'd possibly rather have a not good enough youngster giving his all than a not good enough half arsed Vini.  But I do accept that we don't want to break someone's confidence so if that means persevering with Vinicius then I suppose there is little alternative.