News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok, how are we going to stop the Spurs tomorrow night?

Started by RidgeRider, January 25, 2010, 03:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

It seems to me shutting down Lennon is the first thing we will need to do but we will also have to disrupt their flowing game. What do you think Roy will do and who will be responsible for shutting down Lennon?

I am nervous about this match.  :-\

cebu

According to Sporting Life, Lennon is out injured.
Fingers crossed!

The Doctor

Allow me to assuage at least some of your anxiety.  We don't even have to try to stop Lennon, according to Redknapp

horse1031

It seems whenever we play Spuds it ends up being a low scoring game...(cept for the 3-3 thriller couple years back).  We have kept them to few goals but at the moment we need to get the back 4 sorted out.  I think the area we will struggle with in this game is scoring goals.  Where are the goals going to come from against a premeir league defense.  We could barely score against AS....!  Hopefully Zamora is on the bench and is available along with Andy Johnson.  I know AJ has gotten a lot of stick recently but once he gets his injuries figured out his class will show once again.  We just need to get through the next 3-4 weeks and we will be in good shape.

os5889

Quote from: horse1031 on January 25, 2010, 04:08:55 PM
It seems whenever we play Spuds it ends up being a low scoring game...(cept for the 3-3 thriller couple years back).  We have kept them to few goals but at the moment we need to get the back 4 sorted out.  I think the area we will struggle with in this game is scoring goals.  Where are the goals going to come from against a premeir league defense.  We could barely score against AS....!  Hopefully Zamora is on the bench and is available along with Andy Johnson.  I know AJ has gotten a lot of stick recently but once he gets his injuries figured out his class will show once again.  We just need to get through the next 3-4 weeks and we will be in good shape.

Could take a long time that...its taken almost 5 years to sort his injuries out

horse1031

ha... well...  if he could only get them figured out for 5-6 months.

RidgeRider

Quote from: TheDoctor on January 25, 2010, 04:05:27 PM
Allow me to assuage at least some of your anxiety.  We don't even have to try to stop Lennon, according to Redknapp

Well, that is a relief, thanks for that and you too Cebu. My crack research team missed that important news.

With Lennon out it changes things a little bit as his speed won't be something we have to stop.

Agree with Horse that we may suffer in terms of goal scoring but I still feel as though we will have to disrupt their flowing game and get them to play in a manner they prefer not to play. Maybe some ugly football?

WhiteJC

if we play the way we played them over Christmas then we should do OK, perhaps we can get a bit of luck this time?

I'd love to beat them by a big margin

LBNo11

Q: "Ok, how are we going to stop the Spurs tomorrow night?"

Front rank Fire! Front rank re-load.
Rear rank Fire! etc.,
:D
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: os5889 on January 25, 2010, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on January 25, 2010, 04:08:55 PM
It seems whenever we play Spuds it ends up being a low scoring game...(cept for the 3-3 thriller couple years back).  We have kept them to few goals but at the moment we need to get the back 4 sorted out.  I think the area we will struggle with in this game is scoring goals.  Where are the goals going to come from against a premeir league defense.  We could barely score against AS....!  Hopefully Zamora is on the bench and is available along with Andy Johnson.  I know AJ has gotten a lot of stick recently but once he gets his injuries figured out his class will show once again.  We just need to get through the next 3-4 weeks and we will be in good shape.

Could take a long time that...its taken almost 5 years to sort his injuries out

Not to mention the fact that the last time the word class was associated with AJ, he was still in Primary School
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SuffolkWhite

If our defense turn up we will get at least a draw IMO.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RidgeRider

Personally, I think we will need to score first and then step on their throats! We need to get them to take chances and disrupt their play by challenging every possession and pass. A very high work rate will be needed. We can't afford to take a lead and sit back though. Our defense has been dodgey at best and with their attack, they could break us down if we sit back too much.

Like to see Gera playing off the main striker again and Riis and Duff on the wings to give us the scoring chances. Love to see a return of BZ.

COYW!!![/b]