watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SURELY NOT

Started by Zendra, April 07, 2023, 11:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zendra

Went for a walk this morning with a lovely wife , not mine you understand but someone  else's - only  joking.   Anyway a neighbour , a bit of a Fulham fan (although certainly not a fanatic having not seen Fulham since Andy Sayer played for us ) wondered if we would be  drawn into the relegation scrap - only 12 points between us and 3rd to bottom he said - that's only  4 games. I said it wasn't as simplistic as that - all the teams in the bottom half will be playing each other thus nicking points off each other.
I took his point though - no room for complacency . Having watched a West Ham fan on YouTube last  night going on about their complete failure to deal with the long ball  against Newcastle I feel like sending an email to Silva . I can't though - unfortunately  don't know his  email address. 

SP

With Fulham, we know anything is possible so it's understandable we feel we can't rest until we achieve safety.

I'm not worried at this stage but, with their long history of cheating, I'd be happy with a point against WHU tomorrow to get us one point nearer safety.

Deeping_white

No we will not - most of the teams in the bottom half are going at less than 1 ppg as it stands, and to somehow end up on a total over over 1 ppg would also have to see us not get a single point in 13 games which would likely be a PL record

SG

Not a chance - they all have to play each other and most have to play two or three of the top teams. My guess is safety will be around 35/6 points.

Woolly Mammoth

There is more chance of getting poo out of a Rocking Horse than Fulham getting relegated.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

I would say any of those teams with the exception of Southampton get 12 points they will stay up. If you look at Southampton and Forest fixtures I would say those two will go down.

Lighthouse

Some time ago I made the same point about being drawn into a relegation whirlpool. Since then we have just become more vulnerable to be sucked in. While unlikely as the amount of teams between us and relegation are many.  It is nevertheless frustrating that a team that at one time was being talked about as possibly qualifying for Europe is now adrift and the crew suffering from scurvy and foot rot.

Some fans always over pressurise games by saying that such and such a game is a 6 pointer ETC. However I do think that the West Ham game is the difference between safety without doubts or a continuation of that never ending sinking feeling. After the way we were cheated earlier in the season at their place by an inept referee and lack of VAR. We really do need a bit of luck and a positive result. A good 90 minute performance would be nice too.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

I am still looking for those magic 40 points and am aware the a win tomorrow will take us past that number to assured safety.
The pressure tomorrow is on West Ham, they are desperate for points, are playing away from home and their manager must be asking himself if this is his last match as Hammers manager.
If we lose tomorrow then we should revisit this thread to see if perhaps there is actually life in Woolly's rocking horse.

Somerset Fulham

No. No we won't be anywhere near relegation and people need to stop this nonsense.

Jem

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 07, 2023, 01:36:11 PMThere is more chance of getting poo out of a Rocking Horse than Fulham getting relegated.
Aaagh! Is that what that pile of wood shavings was behind my kiddies rocking horse!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

filham

Quote from: Jem on April 07, 2023, 04:48:32 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 07, 2023, 01:36:11 PMThere is more chance of getting poo out of a Rocking Horse than Fulham getting relegated.
Aaagh! Is that what that pile of wood shavings was behind my kiddies rocking horse!
If we lose tomorrow will Woolly Mammoth become Woody Mammoth.