watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Long.....

Started by Ludlow Richard, April 10, 2023, 02:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

...does it take (a) the independent commission to write a document setting out the detail of Mitro's hearing and the thinking behind the 8 game ban (b) the FA to read the aforementioned document and decide whether to appeal against the "leniency" of the punishment (or not).

It shouldn't take more than a day or so. The only possible hold-up might be that Mitro and his lawyers have to agree that the commission's document setting out the detail of the hearing is a fair and reasonable reflection of what went on at the hearing. But again, perhaps a day or so for that.

So when can we expect a statement from the FA saying that (a) they will appeal against the 8 game ban or (b) they will not appeal against the 8 game ban? It ought to be imminent, I would have thought, but it would not surprise me if the FA's processes drag this one on for a few weeks yet.

In the meantime, nothing is heard about our favourite Brentford striker. 

alfie

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on April 10, 2023, 02:34:18 PM...does it take (a) the independent commission to write a document setting out the detail of Mitro's hearing and the thinking behind the 8 game ban (b) the FA to read the aforementioned document and decide whether to appeal against the "leniency" of the punishment (or not).

It shouldn't take more than a day or so. The only possible hold-up might be that Mitro and his lawyers have to agree that the commission's document setting out the detail of the hearing is a fair and reasonable reflection of what went on at the hearing. But again, perhaps a day or so for that.

So when can we expect a statement from the FA saying that (a) they will appeal against the 8 game ban or (b) they will not appeal against the 8 game ban? It ought to be imminent, I would have thought, but it would not surprise me if the FA's processes drag this one on for a few weeks yet.

I think you hit with the word "lawyers".
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

First of all they have to get all the evidence together of every violent or aggravated incident during a football match since Mitro was sent off. Prove that none of it would have happened had Mitro been given a life ban. Then claim that all the inconsistent refereeing and VAR was down to fear that players would react the same way as Mitro did and the fact that some players will not have any punishment is down to the fact Mitro wasn't punished hard enough.

All this takes time and brown envelopes have to bought and the shops have been shut over Easter.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blawarmy

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on April 10, 2023, 02:34:18 PM...does it take (a) the independent commission to write a document setting out the detail of Mitro's hearing and the thinking behind the 8 game ban (b) the FA to read the aforementioned document and decide whether to appeal against the "leniency" of the punishment (or not).

Now they've got an elbow swinging linesman they can try!

Bill2

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 10, 2023, 02:48:09 PMFirst of all they have to get all the evidence together of every violent or aggravated incident during a football match since Mitro was sent off. Prove that none of it would have happened had Mitro been given a life ban. Then claim that all the inconsistent refereeing and VAR was down to fear that players would react the same way as Mitro did and the fact that some players will not have any punishment is down to the fact Mitro wasn't punished hard enough.

All this takes time and brown envelopes have to bought and the shops have been shut over Easter.
How true is this, an assistant ref is being hauled over the coals for his reaction to Robinson in the Liverpool game yesterday.  You would have thought he walked up to him and just elbowed him in the face, but Robinson went up to him and grabbed him he just shrugged his shoulder to get him off, but he is the guilty one. Where was the red for Robinson,  surprisingly seems like one rule for some teams and another for others ::tongue:: 

filham

It was clear that Mitro would be punished and his reputation would suffer. However the FA are making a meal of the matter and they are not doing their own reputation any good. Possible that at the end of the day the fans and even the media will show sympathy towards Mitro.

The Old Count

Quote from: Bill2 on April 10, 2023, 03:20:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 10, 2023, 02:48:09 PMFirst of all they have to get all the evidence together of every violent or aggravated incident during a football match since Mitro was sent off. Prove that none of it would have happened had Mitro been given a life ban. Then claim that all the inconsistent refereeing and VAR was down to fear that players would react the same way as Mitro did and the fact that some players will not have any punishment is down to the fact Mitro wasn't punished hard enough.

How true is this, an assistant ref is being hauled over the coals for his reaction to Robinson in the Liverpool game yesterday.  You would have thought he walked up to him and just elbowed him in the face, but Robinson went up to him and grabbed him he just shrugged his shoulder to get him off, but he is the guilty one. Where was the red for Robinson,  surprisingly seems like one rule for some teams and another for others ::tongue:: 
The whole focus of the media is on the linesman with little mention of the fact that Robinson grabbed him and should have been given a red card.
Outrageous bias towards media darling Liverpool again.

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: The Old Count on April 11, 2023, 03:10:16 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on April 10, 2023, 03:20:06 PMHow true is this, an assistant ref is being hauled over the coals for his reaction to Robinson in the Liverpool game yesterday.  You would have thought he walked up to him and just elbowed him in the face, but Robinson went up to him and grabbed him he just shrugged his shoulder to get him off, but he is the guilty one. Where was the red for Robinson,  surprisingly seems like one rule for some teams and another for others ::tongue:: 
The whole focus of the media is on the linesman with little mention of the fact that Robinson grabbed him and should have been given a red card.
Outrageous bias towards media darling Liverpool again.

Come on, that's insane. I don't think Robertson even touched him. I suspect the lino was just trying to shrug him away, can't imagine he actually deliberately threw an elbow, but it was pretty extraordinary