watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did our signings do...

Started by We Are Premier League, May 09, 2023, 12:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Lets revisit and rate this years signings: On a scale of 1 to 10.

10    João Palhinha     €20.0m - Hub of the team, doubled or even trebled in value
7     Issa Diop         €17.8m - Starting most games as CB, high potential and decent price
6     Sasa Lukic        €9.8m  - One for next season, hopefully finding his feet for next year
8     Andreas Pereira   €9.5m  - Starting 10 for 10m, exceptional work rate, could have scored more goals   
2     Kevin Mbabu       €5.5m  - Never worked out, will probably be sold at a 4-5m loss
6     Carlos Vinícius   €5.0m  - Signed as a sub, slow start, a few important goals, good value
10    Bernd Leno        €3.6m  - Wow, quality, value, signed up for 3 more years
9     Willian           free   - Been class, would have been a 10 if a few years younger
6     Shane Duffy       free   - 4th choice CB, with international and PL experience
6     Daniel James      loan   - high expectations but became a squad player, limited financial downside
7     Manor Solomon   loan   - Injured then on fire before he cooled off a bit, on for the future?
2     Kurzawa           loan   - Only on loan,  but likely a hefty salary
6     Cédric Soares     loan   - Good cover on both sides, not needed much

FFCBadger

Good scores IMO, agree with most.
I'd maybe drop Joao to a 9, too many silly yellows. I'd also consider bumping Pereira up to a 9, he's played some scintilating stuff this season in attack and he's good value in defence also.

More broadly, credit goes to our back room team - superb work to build this team

Lighthouse

The players of the season for me has been Leno and Palhinha. Take them out and our season is very different.

Diop has been fairly consistent with the odd error. Duffy I like despite his mistake yesterday. Before his injury Pereira seemed to go off the boil a bit. Willian has been pure class.

As for the loan players. Solomon had a purple patch then seemed to lose a bit of enthusiasm. The rest had cameos but would we want to go out of our way to keep them?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Thailand Mick

I agree with your assessments and a lot of people deserve alot of credit regarding recruitement.just a side note some of the clauses have now been activated in Leno transfer which has now cost us 6m still a bargain.

alfie

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 09, 2023, 12:24:35 PMLets revisit and rate this years signings: On a scale of 1 to 10.

10    João Palhinha     €20.0m - Hub of the team, doubled or even trebled in value
7     Issa Diop         €17.8m - Starting most games as CB, high potential and decent price
6     Sasa Lukic        €9.8m  - One for next season, hopefully finding his feet for next year
8     Andreas Pereira   €9.5m  - Starting 10 for 10m, exceptional work rate, could have scored more goals   
2     Kevin Mbabu       €5.5m  - Never worked out, will probably be sold at a 4-5m loss
6     Carlos Vinícius   €5.0m  - Signed as a sub, slow start, a few important goals, good value
10    Bernd Leno        €3.6m  - Wow, quality, value, signed up for 3 more years
9     Willian           free   - Been class, would have been a 10 if a few years younger
6     Shane Duffy       free   - 4th choice CB, with international and PL experience
6     Daniel James      loan   - high expectations but became a squad player, limited financial downside
7     Manor Solomon   loan   - Injured then on fire before he cooled off a bit, on for the future?

Reluctant to give a 10 rating as that implies he can't improve 9 is good.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Free Elvis Hammond

I'm probably less of a fan of Pereira than most, think his final ball is really erratic and he often fades towards the end of games

That's not really a criticism of the signing, though. He was a bargain at that price and has been a big part of a great season - the issue is more there hasn't really been any consistent cover for him

Agree with everyone that Leno, Palhinha and Willian have been transformative. Really smart business all round

Lordedmundo

10   Bernd Leno (Most consistent keep in Premier league IMO)
10   Willian    (Possibly the best free transfer signing ever)     
9    João Palhinha (Brilliant in all but 2-3 games)
8.5  Andreas Pereira (great signing)   
8    Issa Diop (more than justified his transfer price after shaky start)
7.5    Manor Solomon (could turn out to be a 9 out of 10 player if he stays)
6.5  Carlos Vinícius (improving understudy for Mitro)
6    Daniel James (good squad player - but has not done enough to be retained)
6    Sasa Lukic (ok start - hopefully we will see an improvement next season)
6    Shane Duffy (good enough as 4th choice)   
5    Cédric Soares (has some good attributes but I'm not convinced)           
5    Kurzawa (clearly a good player - but too injury prone to rely on as cover) 
2    Kevin Mbabu (obviously did not work out for him)     

DadCreature

Overall the quality output from the team vs the financial cost is breathtaking.  FFC management should be congratulated for one of the best jobs of team construction given limited resources and a team that was expected to drop.  At least a 9 on my scale.

copthornemike

Collectively the recruitment had the added benefit of raising the game of the core remaining from last season.
But Leno, Palhinha and Willian have been WOW.

SG

Although not signed last season if you add Tete, Tosin and Robinson for a combined £6m it is amazing. Yes we had some expensive flops before but over the past couple of years it is hard to fault the recruitment

JimmyConway

9    João Palhinha    - Excellent acquisition. Slightly quicker then he plays for any of the Worlds best teams.
6    Issa Diop        - Solid enough but not sure if his a starter on regular basis. Never far from a rick?
6    Sasa Lukic       - Who knows?
7    Andreas Pereira  - Good signing though needs to contribute more goals in the position he plays.   
4    Kevin Mbabu      - Very strange how it panned out at Fulham for him.
7    Carlos Vinícius  - A good trier? has had his moments. Will struggle to score regularly in this division.
9    Bernd Leno       - Excellent signing proving how important a very good keeper is in this division. 
9    Willian          - Magician with ball at his feet. Joy to watch. Must keep for next season.
5    Shane Duffy      - Difficult to assess but not sure he'll be a premier squad player after this season.
6    Daniel James     - Thought would have had bigger impact but still think there is a good player in him.
7    Manor Solomon    - Good prospect genuine pace. Slightly predictable can he play on the other wing? 
4    Kurzawa          - Even in cameo roles not sure suited. 
5    Cédric Soares    - With the form of Tete the bar has been raised even for a cover type.   

St Eve

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 09, 2023, 12:24:35 PMLets revisit and rate this years signings: On a scale of 1 to 10.

So we should off load James, Soares, Kurzawa, Mbabu

YankeeJim

Probably ought to give Tony Khan a 7 or 8. Is he finally getting it or did he stay out of the way?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ianthailand

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 09, 2023, 04:20:21 PMProbably ought to give Tony Khan a 7 or 8. Is he finally getting it or did he stay out of the way?
I think Marco had a lot more influence than previous coaches.