https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

(NFR England number 1) Ramsgate vs pickford

Started by Willham, May 08, 2023, 07:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

Personally think pickford is the best shot stopper in the world right now,

Ramsdale has really good positioning sense

But I'd have pickford for England number one over ramsdale, pickford was outstanding again today.

Please give your opinions

FFC1987

Quote from: Willham on May 08, 2023, 07:35:25 PMPersonally think pickford is the best shot stopper in the world right now,

But I'd have pickford for England number one over ramsdale, pickford was outstanding again today.

Pickford. Ramsdale is ok, but I'm not convinced he's better than Leno to be honest but Pickford probably is, or there, or thereabouts whereas I'm not sure Ramsdale is in the conversation here.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Willham on May 08, 2023, 07:35:25 PMPersonally think pickford is the best shot stopper in the world right now,

Pickford is currently the better goalkeeper as Ramsgate is still a coastal town in Southern England.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ianthailand

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 09, 2023, 09:19:57 AM

Pickford is currently the better goalkeeper as Ramsgate is still a coastal town in Southern England.
Whilst Pickford is a township in Michigan, US of A.

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

"Best shot stopper".....

It's the most bloody basic element of his job, EVERY goalkeeper should be a good shot stopper, no point him being there otherwise.

But yes, I'm inclined to agree that Pickford is the best 'keeper England have available at present.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ianthailand on May 09, 2023, 09:37:13 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 09, 2023, 09:19:57 AM

Whilst Pickford is a township in Michigan, US of A.

Never heard of Michigan or US of A.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LC

Pluto

I think Ramsdale is the better keeper overall

SerbianLad

In my opinion, Pickford is better. I always found Ramsdale to be very overrated.

Willham

Quote from: Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit on May 09, 2023, 10:40:46 AM"Best shot stopper".....

It's the most bloody basic element of his job, EVERY goalkeeper should be a good shot stopper, no point him being there otherwise.

But yes, I'm inclined to agree that Pickford is the best 'keeper England have available at present.

Why yes, there's plenty of other jobs a keeper has got to do, shot stopping is jot the only job, organise defence, motivate team, communicate, catch crosses, tell players who to mark, come out to close the angle, positioning, handling, its one thing stopping a shot but if you can't catch a ball then your not gonna be a great keeper, you may be alright for smaller leagues but yeah?

As a goalie myself I feel that's incredibly basic and insulting of my job, their two very different kind of keepers, one very erratic and one quite assured.

And to add, i said best shot stopper, so I didn't say anyone wasn't a good shot stopper, just that I consider pickford, currently the best (arguably)

Willham

Quote from: LC on May 09, 2023, 06:07:57 PMFor me it's Nick Pope

I do feel pope is fantastic, he's another who makes saves you never expect, but I've watched pope have a mare a few times, can only think of one england mistake off the top of my head for pickford and a handful of mistakes for everton, haven't seen pickford have a nightmare game, some bad errors but he'll usually still make a few good saves I the same game, pope is definitely a contender I missed off, I would put him ahead of Ramsdale

Sammyffc

pickford is so good, would start him over ramsdale and pope any day. Especially behind a solid defense, blows my mind how nobody has come to get pickford from Everton

Southcoastffc

Pickford is undoubtedly a really good keeper, but I do wish he'd cut out the hissy fits.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Pickford edges it, but aren't we fortunate to have three top rate English goalkeepers. Henderson also shows promise, but he may struggle to usurp any of those three.