watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did we ever play in green and white?

Started by garence, May 14, 2023, 12:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garence

My late father, who started attending the Cottage about 95 years ago, told me more than once we played in green and white for a time. I know that Ken Coton's father told him likewise; specifically that was our strip during WW1. I bequeathed my treasured memorabilia to a nephew some years ago so have no ready way of checking. My 2 recent e-mails to the club have been totally ignored. Can anyone confirm or refute?

spikey norman

Quote from: garence on May 14, 2023, 12:02:04 PMMy late father, who started attending the Cottage about 95 years ago, told me more than once we played in green and white for a time. I know that Ken Coton's father told him likewise; specifically that was our strip during WW1. I bequeathed my treasured memorabilia to a nephew some years ago so have no ready way of checking. My 2 recent e-mails to the club have been totally ignored. Can anyone confirm or refute?
Many years ago (1970's I think) there was a quiz question in the Evening Standard asking which London football team had once played in green and the answer was Fulham.

MikeTheCubed

Did we ever win a game while we played in this Green kit?

All of our away wins this season have been with our Home kit or the Black kit.

cmg

The superb Coton/Plumb/White 'Fulham - The Team'(covers all years from 1903), shows the 1914/15 team photo in stripes and a 1919 team in much darker plain shirts.
All in monochrome, of course, so not conclusive.

Colton F.C.

"and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."
© 'Whispering' Ted Lowe

cookieg

garence

Quote from: Colton F.C. on May 14, 2023, 08:05:13 PM"and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."
© 'Whispering' Ted Lowe
["...and for those of you watching in black and white, Tottenham are playing in yellow" John Motson