watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Fulham 2-2 Crystal Palace

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 20, 2023, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Another game spoiled by poor officials and totally uneven decision making. Any other commentary is compounded by the simple fact the referee was a joke.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on May 20, 2023, 10:18:38 PMIn regards to Cairney, he did nothing today, and should have gone off a lot earlier.
Robinson, Tete, and Reed played well.

Funny how views differ. I thought TC, whilst not great, was clearly our best midfielder today. The only one in our midfield that managed to actually play a little in a crowded area. Reed was poor first half, and really poor second half.  Palhinha was only ok, which is unusual for him. A big problem is that neither Reed or Palhinha offers a decent outlet for the defenders, and taking off TC means that it looks much easier to press and defend against us because you don't really have to worry about passes through the middle anymore.

Agree on the fullbacks, especially Tete who was excellent as usual.

All in my opinion, of course. 

Kimbleman

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 21, 2023, 08:10:47 AM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on May 20, 2023, 10:18:38 PMIn regards to Cairney, he did nothing today, and should have gone off a lot earlier.

Funny how views differ. I thought TC, whilst not great, was clearly our best midfielder today. The only one in our midfield that managed to actually play a little in a crowded area. Reed was poor first half, and really poor second half.  Palhinha was only ok, which is unusual for him. A big problem is that neither Reed or Palhinha offers a decent outlet for the defenders, and taking off TC means that it looks much easier to press and defend against us because you don't really have to worry about passes through the middle anymore.

Agree on the fullbacks, especially Tete who was excellent as usual.

All in my opinion, of course. 

My Daughter and I both thought we looked worse after TC went off. Glad of a point towards the whistle.

That said Tom's corner kicks were dreadful. Willian should take them all. 

Kimbleman

Quote from: SG on May 21, 2023, 06:38:52 AM
Quote from: Luka on May 20, 2023, 11:54:19 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on May 20, 2023, 11:37:49 PMThought Palhinha's reactions towards the Hammy at the end of the walk round, looked a bit like a good bye.

As good as his tackling stats are, when put under pressure on the ball he is a second or so off the pace of this division. If someone is willing to pay £50m I'd take it.

I can't believe someone has written and believes this.

We thought the opposite. Think he loves it here.

bobbo

Quote from: Whitestone on May 20, 2023, 11:11:35 PM
Quote from: fulhamtom on May 20, 2023, 10:50:55 PM
Quote from: bobbo on May 20, 2023, 10:02:42 PMI really don't understand so much critisism of the ref , I thought he'd done ok up until the free kick he gave palace that lead to their second goal which was a diabolical mistake he then went on to make two or three more , but up until approx10 mins from the end I honestly thought he was ok.
I thought, like you that the ref was good until about 20 mins from time when he seemed to have a moment, which lasted for 20 mins, Terrible decisions. The Junior Assistant ref looked poor and still can't fathom the Tete offside incident.
The ref was poor from start to finish. There was the penalty shout in the first half and the time wasting he repeatedly allowed Sam Johnstone to get away with, also in the first half. There were numerous undeserved free kicks given to Palace in the second half. He clearly needs reminding that football is a contact sport. I'm convinced he was guessing on occasions and there was the non foul that resulted in the free kick that led to the Palace equaliser.
It didn't come as a surprise to me when I learnt afterwards that this was his first Premier League match.
you two lads/ or lasses who've opposed my assessment of the ref ,backed up by one other are looking at his performance solely from a Fulham fan point of view ( which I understand ) but I've taken an overall view and still think he was ok till towards the end ,

The tosin  yellow was stupid on his behalf , he was given the " get on with it " by the ref and he blatantly hung on .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Deeping_white

Quote from: bobbo on May 21, 2023, 09:47:15 AM
Quote from: bobbo on May 20, 2023, 10:02:42 PMI really don't understand so much critisism of the ref , I thought he'd done ok up until the free kick he gave palace that lead to their second goal which was a diabolical mistake he then went on to make two or three more , but up until approx10 mins from the end I honestly thought he was ok.
I thought, like you that the ref was good until about 20 mins from time when he seemed to have a moment, which lasted for 20 mins, Terrible decisions. The Junior Assistant ref looked poor and still can't fathom the Tete offside incident.
The ref was poor from start to finish. There was the penalty shout in the first half and the time wasting he repeatedly allowed Sam Johnstone to get away with, also in the first half. There were numerous undeserved free kicks given to Palace in the second half. He clearly needs reminding that football is a contact sport. I'm convinced he was guessing on occasions and there was the non foul that resulted in the free kick that led to the Palace equaliser.
It didn't come as a surprise to me when I learnt afterwards that this was his first Premier League match.
you two lads/ or lasses who've opposed my assessment of the ref ,backed up by one other are looking at his performance solely from a Fulham fan point of view ( which I understand ) but I've taken an overall view and still think he was ok till towards the end ,

The tosin  yellow was stupid on his behalf , he was given the " get on with it " by the ref and he blatantly hung on .

So if you're being objective about it, why did he not once tell the Palace keeper to hurry up with his goal kicks when he was taking much longer than Tosin did for a free kick?

Willham

I agree with you, I would add while I thought the ref was giving very soft 'fouls' he was also consistent throughout, he was whistle happy but was like this throughout, the tete challenge before their goal was not a foul but you could argue the same about the Wilson challenge before our own, and the ref gave both these decisions consistently, tete should have known better at that point of the game that every time someone came through the back if a player the whistler's going, whether they got their foot around to the ball or not.

I do not agree these challenges should be fouls but consistency is what I ask the most, I thought in that respect the ref was good.

itombomb

Quote from: EN1 FFC on May 21, 2023, 12:31:29 AMIs there a Brentford supporter editing the highlights for MOTD, didn't show the foul on Mitrovic for the first penalty appeal. Wanted to see it, because the angle I got in the ground, I've seen them given.
And then the freekick that led to their 2nd goal, the Palace player tried to back in tnen just fell backwards when there wasn't anyone to back in to !!!
Tete does grab Eze's arm. He goes down really easily, but I can see why it was given on the replay (I was furious at the ground though).

filham

If I were a Palace fan I would be disappointed not to bag three points from that match. While we had all of the ball in the first half we never managed to get at their defense, their marking was tight and tackling hard.
Then for some reason over the last 20 minutes Palace were well on top and created a few match winning chances.

We were not at our best today but Roy has turned Palace into a team that is hard to beat. 

bobbo

Quote from: itombomb on May 21, 2023, 10:30:11 AM
Quote from: EN1 FFC on May 21, 2023, 12:31:29 AMIs there a Brentford supporter editing the highlights for MOTD, didn't show the foul on Mitrovic for the first penalty appeal. Wanted to see it, because the angle I got in the ground, I've seen them given.
And then the freekick that led to their 2nd goal, the Palace player tried to back in tnen just fell backwards when there wasn't anyone to back in to !!!
Tete does grab Eze's arm. He goes down really easily, but I can see why it was given on the replay (I was furious at the ground though).
you must have been sitting near the front of the riverside near the foul ? just a few rows infron of me there was a whole bunch jumped up furious with the ref . yeah he get his arm but eze deliberately backs into him with force and thats what , if any  , the free kick should have been given for and of course it led to their 2nd goal . candt change it so onwards an upwards looking forward to sitting with some old buddies in the johnny haynes stand next season .

simplyfulham

Very short sighted opinion.

We looked lost in the final 10 mins after he went off.

SP

A nice symmetry to end our home campaign. We started & finished with 2-2 draws with Mitro bang on form & a penalty in each game.

bobbo

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 21, 2023, 09:56:26 AM

So if you're being objective about it, why did he not once tell the Palace keeper to hurry up with his goal kicks when he was taking much longer than Tosin did for a free kick?
well i cant answer that youd need to ask him but i totally get what you mean