watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palhinha

Started by Edinburgh White, May 21, 2023, 08:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edinburgh White

Watched Palhinha out on the pitch on his own applauding the crowd after the match yesterday; hope he wasn't saying goodbye.......

cookieg

Quote from: Edinburgh White on May 21, 2023, 08:05:38 AMWatched Palhinha out on the pitch on his own applauding the crowd after the match yesterday; hope he wasn't saying goodbye.......

Let's hope not. He was patting the badge, not that it means a lot these days, but maybe he's fallen in love with our club and wants to be part of the future.

Southcoastffc

This is what Joao said:

https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status ::scarf:: /1659959258115440647?t=hijNcnuzOBSA-hOfxLYSlg&s=19
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

I did wonder if he was saying goodbye. I hope not. Top player, top man.  ::thumb:: 

::oldgit::

filham

Palhinha has occupied that position all season,hard to imagine who could take his place.
Before we sell him we had best make sure we have a replacement in place.

river phoenix

Quote from: filham on May 21, 2023, 10:41:48 AMPalhinha has occupied that position all season,hard to imagine who could take his place.
Before we sell him we had best make sure we have a replacement in place.

Easier said than done. There arent many like Joao Palhinha.

jayffc

Come on Fulham - Together!

Marcel_Gecov

Kimbleman

I really don't think he will be going anywhere. We build the team around our best players and frankly don't need the money as next season should only be about tweaking.

Free Elvis Hammond

I don't really see who'd buy him, given his age and price tag

Realistically, United and Liverpool already have better players in that position who aren't that much older than Palhinha. And Liverpool tend only to spend big money on younger players (United are a bit less predictable on that front). I don't think he's at Bayern's level either

Really hope we hang onto him

Dodgin

Decision is, if he wants to go. Hopefully not.

bencher

He's an outstanding tackler and ball-winner. He is also capable of scoring a few per season. But I don't see him quite breaking into the top echelons, as I feel that he doesn't quite have the level of quality in possession that those teams demand. He may yet improve in that area but for now I think he will stay with us and I hope that is true of course.

filham

Quote from: Dodgin on May 22, 2023, 11:17:52 AMDecision is, if he wants to go. Hopefully not.

Spurs could be a temptation to him, London based, big gates, fat wages and a need for new players.

_Putney_

Half a year with coaching squad like Man City's and he'd be an elite player. Hope we can hold on to him.

Willham

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 22, 2023, 12:34:14 PMHalf a year with coaching squad like Man City's and he'd be an elite player. Hope we can hold on to him.

It's funny you mention man city because that's where I could see him going,

Breaking up counter attacks is his bread and butter, far better than John stones who was getting all the praise recently in that role and I don't see big signing kelvin Phillips appearing any time soon.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Willham on May 22, 2023, 10:24:53 PM
Quote from: _Putney_ on May 22, 2023, 12:34:14 PMHalf a year with coaching squad like Man City's and he'd be an elite player. Hope we can hold on to him.

Breaking up counter attacks is his bread and butter, far better than John stones who was getting all the praise recently in that role and I don't see big signing kelvin Phillips appearing any time soon.

Kalvin phillips would definetely want to stay there. In his interview of Talksport he said that he hopes to stay there for the full 5 years so I cant seee Pep bringing in competition. Personally Liverpool are the biggest UK threat for him. City have Rodri, Utd have Casemiro, Arsenal look like they have their hearts set on Rice, Caicedo, Gundogan, Chelsea have Enzo, Liverpool have a terrible midfield and no enforcer. He sadly fits their needs perfectly.

I hope we offer him all the money to keep him.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on May 23, 2023, 10:03:08 AM
Quote from: Willham on May 22, 2023, 10:24:53 PM

Kalvin phillips would definetely want to stay there. In his interview of Talksport he said that he hopes to stay there for the full 5 years so I cant seee Pep bringing in competition. Personally Liverpool are the biggest UK threat for him. City have Rodri, Utd have Casemiro, Arsenal look like they have their hearts set on Rice, Caicedo, Gundogan, Chelsea have Enzo, Liverpool have a terrible midfield and no enforcer. He sadly fits their needs perfectly.

I hope we offer him all the money to keep him.

Liverpool want Ugarte - he's basically Palhinha MK.2 but younger and weirdly enough was Palhinha's successor at Sporting. I wish we could spend £50m on players because you could put the two of them together in our team and we'd never lose a midfield battle ever again

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on May 23, 2023, 10:03:08 AMPersonally Liverpool are the biggest UK threat for him. City have Rodri, Utd have Casemiro, Arsenal look like they have their hearts set on Rice, Caicedo, Gundogan, Chelsea have Enzo, Liverpool have a terrible midfield and no enforcer. He sadly fits their needs perfectly.

I don't see it - they already have Fabinho back in form, they've moved Alexander-Arnold into the middle in possession, they don't spend big on players of Palhinha's age, and frankly the way Klopp likes to play I don't think Palhinha's quite at that level

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on May 22, 2023, 10:53:54 AMI don't really see who'd buy him, given his age and price tag

Realistically, United and Liverpool already have better players in that position who aren't that much older than Palhinha. And Liverpool tend only to spend big money on younger players (United are a bit less predictable on that front). I don't think he's at Bayern's level either

Really hope we hang onto him

I can see Newcastle and Liverpool buying him, others will want him but maybe can't afford him.

SP

With so many scouts from the clubs across the world, how was he so late in being identified by FFC? Was he a late bloomer?