watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palhinha

Started by Edinburgh White, May 21, 2023, 08:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Quote from: SP on May 27, 2023, 05:40:46 PMWith so many scouts from the clubs across the world, how was he so late in being identified by FFC? Was he a late bloomer?

I hope he was a late bloomer- means he'll be playing like this well into his 30s

btffc

He was a very late bloomer. Didn't break into the Sporting side until he was 25.

TC's Sporran

no one can question his workrate off the ball, his chasing down and tackling. its all top drawer. however once in possession his passing can be at times woeful. now all players can have bad patches, pereira sometimes goes 5 mins where every pass goes astray, but it cant have gone noticed joao's passing leaves a lot to be desired. sometimes its not even championship level.  i cant see liverpool taking a gamble unless its a win the ball and give it to closest team mate doctrine.

DadCreature

If he is taken from us, we should go get Adams from Leeds.  Like for like.

Fulham 442

Tbh he needs to start refining his tackles...all these yellow cards and bans will certainly prove to be even more costly next season..

cmg

You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs (thats 'eggs' not 'legs').

Palhinha   Tackles: 148 Yellows: 14
Caicedo                100          10
Gueye                   97           7
Adams                   87           5  (includes a 2nd yellow)
Casemiro                87           7  + 2 str red

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: DadCreature on May 28, 2023, 05:38:04 PMIf he is taken from us, we should go get Adams from Leeds.  Like for like.
No way

hovewhite

Think he will be even better next season .

perry geyton

Just give us one more season please

I couldn't bare to see him in a Liverpool
Or Spurs shirt

General

This was his last post of the season, implies to me he intends to stay. The club don't need to sell either.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsrPv8how3k/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

WindyCity

I've lost track of the yellow count, but will Palhinha have to sit out the first several games in the new season due to suspension?  Picked up another yesterday v ManU.  I know he was getting close in these final handful of games.  Anyone know?

perry geyton

Quote from: cmg on May 28, 2023, 07:15:11 PMYou can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs (thats 'eggs' not 'legs').

Those stats are unbelievable

McBrideOfFrankenstein

That instagram post is really encouraging. It's not out of the question that some very good players might simply enjoy playing for Fulham. Maybe we should stop always voicing worry about them leaving, lest we put the idea in their heads. 

btffc

Quote from: WindyCity on May 29, 2023, 05:06:47 PMI've lost track of the yellow count, but will Palhinha have to sit out the first several games in the new season due to suspension?  Picked up another yesterday v ManU.  I know he was getting close in these final handful of games.  Anyone know?

He's on 14 now so 1 short of triggering the suspension.

TheRealMB

Quote from: perry geyton on May 29, 2023, 05:25:11 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 28, 2023, 07:15:11 PMYou can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs (thats 'eggs' not 'legs').

Those stats are unbelievable

Agreed.  There is no like for like.  It's not close.  We have to keep this guy another seasons. It would take two players the caliber of Adams to replace him, and what he does to take pressure off the back line.  Most important transfer business this summer is not selling this guy.

sarnian

Quote from: btffc on May 29, 2023, 05:28:26 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on May 29, 2023, 05:06:47 PMI've lost track of the yellow count, but will Palhinha have to sit out the first several games in the new season due to suspension?  Picked up another yesterday v ManU.  I know he was getting close in these final handful of games.  Anyone know?

He's on 14 now so 1 short of triggering the suspension.

Learn the rules, he is not one short of triggering a suspension as the season is over and everyone starts next season with a clean slate. :023: