watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boring summer ahead

Started by bencher, May 25, 2023, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

I think a lot depends upon your circumstances - particularly psychological, medical and financial.

If you're not able to go out and about freely because of a health condition - physical or mental, or afford to go very far or do certain things - and I know a lot of activities cited in here are free:
then the Fulham game on a Saturday likely means a lot more than to someone with a full life, and you can feel depressed and at a loss during the close season.

leafe hill white

Quote from: bencher on May 25, 2023, 10:51:28 AMThere will be a large hole left in our lives once the season ends. Unusually for us over the last several years, there is no upheaval up or down to contend with, no World Cup or Euros to amuse us while we wait for the new season to begin, and it all feels rather dull. Even this board has slowed down quite significantly of late. What can we do to keep ourselves from going stir crazy?
It will be boring for me if these North Easterly wind`s won`t quit, I`m itching to get out on the sea in my fishing kayak/Stand Up Paddle Board. I don`t fancy getting blown over to France any time soon  ::oldgit::

WindyCity

I don't think it will be any more boring than any other summer.  Sure, I'm gonna miss FFC football after this better than expected and exciting season.  But we look forward to the summer transfer shenanigans and see just how we improve the club.  This summer no different than any other summer, in my view. 

filham

Oh, the French Open (tennis) starts on Monday, that should get me through the first couple of weeks of the close season.
Also I think there are a couple of England internationals soon, I could force myself to watch those.

alfie

Quote from: filham on May 28, 2023, 10:04:03 AMOh, the French Open (tennis) starts on Monday, that should get me through the first couple of weeks of the close season.
Also I think there are a couple of England internationals soon, I could force myself to watch those.
I would rather be bored, I don't like tennis but I have no idea why.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Got the Ashes to look forward to and there is a couple of England Internationals also, as well as Wimbledon.
Then there is Power Lifting, Log Rolling and my local Yard of Ale Contest.
Plenty of Gardening and Sun Bathing and in the Gym, not forgetting Barbecue's out in the sunny weather washed down with a large pint of English Bombardier.
Plus our Summer Holiday in Sardinia.
Nothing at all boring about Summer.

It's the winter that bores me with dark nights dark mornings miserable wet cold weather, Neville, Lineker,  Carragher  and Keane with his ugly miserable boat race and the rest of the motley bunch of inarticulate pundits flooding our TVs uninvited.
Who on earth wants to watch them.

Last but not least watching individuals calling themselves footballers play acting and cheating with no shame, as we signal the last rites of Association Football as we used to know it.
As the beautiful game as the late great Edson Arantes do Nascimento or better known as Pele called it, is no longer beautiful. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.