News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will United be on the beach this weekend?

Started by Andy S, May 25, 2023, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

With no longer anything to play for this could be a good Time to play Manchesters second club. Even Ivan Tony might like a bet on it.

WhiteJC

F(f)CUK

The first team may not be on the pitch.

kiwian

Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 26, 2023, 12:03:20 AMThe first team may not be on the pitch.
So McGuire might be then!
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

SuffolkWhite

The Ref's won't allow a Fulham win!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

They will want to make sure of their third place finish.

Sting of the North

I think it is likely to our advantage that the game is much less important to them, now that they've secured a CL spot. Especially since they will likely rest any players with niggles in favour of the FA Cup final. Good chance for example that we will be up against a Maguire devoid of confidence instead of either world class Varane or in form Lindelöf. I really like Mitro's chances against Maguire.

Could possibly rest a few key players as well. For example, without Casemiro, they are much more vulnerable. Without Fernandes, they are less likely to get an ultra soft penalty, etc.

With that said, this will of course be a difficult game, we will still be up against very good players that would want to end the season on a high, and possibly in some cases stake a claim for a start in the FA Cup final.   

filham

We are certain of finishing in the top half of the table and above Chelsea so we will be looking to keep free of injury.
Seems as if the match is a true end of season friendly.
Still like to win it though and a Mitro hat trick would finish the season off nicely.

toshes mate

There'll still has to be an edge to this game since United were culpable in getting us a rough deal in the Cup game and I am sure Marco will be wanting to end on a high to rubber stamp his credentials (and new contract). United were exposed in the Cup game and at times last night even our poor neighbour's team created a lot of problems for them.  They were lucky to win 4-1. 

I hope we do exactly what we did in the first seventy of the Cup match and give them nothing, not even a sniff of a penalty. Not sure about the appointed referee but it has to be somebody and none of them are exactly what you would call good and neutral and so we need to, as far as possible, take it out of their hands.

Free Elvis Hammond

I think both teams will be around 20-30% on the beach. Not fully set up with parasols, coolers, a snorkel or two - but certainly the flip flops will be on and sun cream applied

KJS

If we get into them early then the players who think they are on the Final squad may have second thoughts about mixing it

Andy S

Nobody wants to be carrying an injury for the next three months

Steeeeeeeeeed

Maguire OG has to be a decent shout, or at least him giving us a Penalty.

I think United will play a half strength team.

SP

boyboy

But even if they do play the majority of bench warmers,they will be wanting to make a good impression to maybe get their chance to play in case of injury of any first team player for the cup final.

Twig

Hmmm we might be a bit on the beach too. Not sure what to expect.

jarv

Thailand Mick

United have only conceded 9 goals at home this season,they have drawn 3 times and only lost once against Brighton in the first game of the season. So lets see if we can beat them to make it first and last game defeats.I believe the term is bookend.

WindyCity

I think we fans sometimes misjudge just how these games are played and the approach taken in such contests.  Just as example, I watched The BHA-ManCity game a couple days ago, which, btw, was a very good and entertaining match, and both teams used their top players for most of the minutes.  Noteworthy is that City has two very big trophy bearing games coming up, and their star players were all-in in the BHA match, and there was nothing hinging on this game, no consequence in the standings.  I seriously doubt many ManU players will be 'beachside' v FFC.

I really don't care what kind of team ManU presents.  I just want to see FFC win this game.  Would be nice to chalk up a win v a top five club this season.  COYW!!!!