more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 28/05/23...

Started by WhiteJC, May 28, 2023, 07:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Pre-Man Utd Press Conference

Sunday will see Fulham come up against a Manchester United side with plenty still to play for in 2022/23.

The Reds have already secured the Carabao Cup and a Champions League place, but will be hoping to add another trophy to their successes this season when they partake in the first ever all-Manchester FA Cup Final next week.

"This will not be the last game, they are going to play another final," Marco Silva said in his pre-match press conference. "They already played one final and they are going to play another one.

"And, of course, for a club like Man United it is really important that they are fighting for some titles. They changed some things [this season], they signed good players as well.

"Some players have been the key for them the last few seasons, like [Marcus] Rashford, like Bruno [Fernandes], all these players. They signed two or three players that made a huge impact in their squad as well.

"You know that you are going to play against a very good side. I think they've been showing this season that they're a massive club, last night [against Chelsea] they showed again their quality.

"The individual quality they have, in my opinion, is clearly in the best teams in this league, because if you look for their individuals they are really a top, top, top level.

"They have players in the attack line and midfield line who can decide the game in one second if you switch off. And, of course, all those things demand from us to be top in all the moments of the game."

Our two previous clashes with United this season saw us adopt a front-foot approach, and Silva insisted that would be the case again on Sunday.

"It's our image as a team, it's our philosophy as a team, and we are not going to change our approach to the game," he explained. "They were two games we definitely didn't deserve to not take anything from.

"We didn't take [anything] but clearly we showed our quality in all the moments of the games, and if you asked me if I would like to repeat the performance, I would sign straightaway now because we did so well at home and at Old Trafford, in terms of performance.

"Of course, we want results, and we are going to fight for it."

When asked if Aleksandar Mitrović will be especially fired up on his return to the stadium where he received his first red card for the Club, Silva replied: "No, not at all. Mitro doesn't need this type of incentive.

"I think he showed in 25 minutes again Southampton that it doesn't matter the club that he is going to play against, [and] last week against Palace.

"He is Mitro, he doesn't need to play against certain types of teams or in certain situations to be more motivated."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/may/26/pre-man-utd-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Is Man Utd v Fulham on TV today? Kick-off time and how to follow

Man Utd host Fulham on the final day of the 2022/23 Premier League season

The final round of the 2022/23 Premier League season is upon us.

At the top of the table, everything has already been sorted. Manchester City have been crowned champions, coming up on the inside of Arsenal who have to settle for second place, while Manchester United and Newcastle United have booked their places in next season's Champions League.

The Red Devils and Magpies are fighting over third place, though, and a defeat for the former and a win for the latter would see the two switch places on the final day of the campaign.

Erik ten Hag's men face Fulham, while the Toon travel to Chelsea.

Here is everything you need to know about the game at Old Trafford.

What time is Man Utd v Fulham kick off?
Manchester United v Fulham kicks off at 4.30pm on Sunday, May 28, at Old Trafford, Manchester.

Is the game on TV?
The game has not been selected for live broadcast, with Sky and BT Sport deciding to focus on the relegation battle instead,

How can I follow the match?
Our sister title Manchester Evening News will be publishing live updates here.

What about highlights?
Match of the Day will show highlights on BBC1 at 10.30pm on Sunday.

What have the coaches said?
Erik ten Hag: "This club belongs in the Champions League.

"Finishing in the top four was the main objective. The competition is tough, there are many teams with really good squads, good managers and high budgets.

"For this moment it is the maximum but we want more and I don't have a lot of patience. Standards have to go up. Manchester City are playing outstanding football but we have a way to go."

Marco Silva: "Great great season. We have to be proud – It's a great achievement. It has been a brilliant season. Many had their doubts. Credit to the players."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-v-fulham-tv-27001759