watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No more PKs by Mitro

Started by DadCreature, May 28, 2023, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadCreature

Silva needs to step in.  50% conversation rate is just too bad to be allowed to continue.

Twig

Sadly I have to agree. I admire that he continues to step up but he just isn't consistent enough.

Fulham1959

We've known this for a couple of years.  He cannot strike a ball hard enough - that's just not his strength.

filham

While I agree we have to remember there was a problem before Mitro. Other players, including Tom Cairney with that sweet left foot, had demonstrated that they new how to miss a penalty.

bobbo

Yeah I think the same , but , the one last week was perfect .so ? ? ?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

love4ffc

Agree, Mitro is not the one to be taking them.  Sad, because you it's your striker that you really want to be in form and full of confidence when it comes to both scoring goals and taking the penalty kicks. 

I can't help but wonder if it would have been better for Willian to take the penalty kick. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

LC

I would let Willian take the penalties moving forward

bencher

It's his "placed" penalties that are often saved; if he could just stick to his occasional blasted penalties into the roof he'd never miss one.

Lighthouse

It was well saved today. Mitro is taking them because we haven't had a decent, consistent Penalty Taker for some time before him. But United would have scored three had we been two up so on the whole let's look at how good the season has been and not spend too much time agonising over the penalty.

No team has beaten us easily this season so the good thing is we deserve to be here. We have been consistent. Yes a bad spell did for us for results but no huge defeats.

A good season and one to build on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FulhamKC

Quote from: LC on May 28, 2023, 06:47:49 PMI would let Willian take the penalties moving forward

Or Andreas

blingo

Nothing like finding something to moan about after a fantastic season. Give yourselves an uppercut

hovewhite

Think mitro needs one method blast it also seems to miss more away from the cottage.

Woolly Mammoth

To be a first choice penalty taker you have be consistent, and unfortunately Mitro is not.

Of course human nature being what it is, nobody is perfect and you can miss the odd one now and again, even the best penalty takers like Harry Kane can do that.

But Mitro's technique is regrettably floored that is fairly obvious.
He should acknowledge that and step down, or the manager must do it for him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

South Coast White

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 28, 2023, 07:01:46 PMIt was well saved today. Mitro is taking them because we haven't had a decent, consistent Penalty Taker for some time before him. But United would have scored three had we been two up so on the whole let's look at how good the season has been and not spend too much time agonising over the penalty.

No team has beaten us easily this season so the good thing is we deserve to be here. We have been consistent. Yes a bad spell did for us for results but no huge defeats.

A good season and one to build on.
"Well saved" it was at least a yard inside the post, very salable for most keepers.

Ruislip White

Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 07:04:31 PMNothing like finding something to moan about after a fantastic season. Give yourselves an uppercut
Perfectly legitimate criticism.  Maybe you just to be slightly more tolerant of the fact that others can have an opinion of an in game incident, despite the fantastic season.

KentFulham

Quote from: DadCreature on May 28, 2023, 05:39:26 PMSilva needs to step in.  50% conversation rate is just too bad to be allowed to continue.

Agree - At this level Mitro for all his excellent work, is missing penalties to a level that is the diff between Euro qualification and not.

He knows his strengths, but he needs to acknowledge his weakness and pass it on 

Motspur

De Gea success save rate was around one pct before facing Mitrovic. Says it all.

AJW48361

Keepers always choose the correct way on he's penalties great strike against Palace by the way the best one he has taken

Southcoastffc

If I were Marco, I'd have plenty of penalty sessions involving pretty much the whole squad.  I'd expect Joao and Harrison to be pretty good at them. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

cottage expat

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 28, 2023, 07:06:22 PMTo be a first choice penalty taker you have be consistent, and unfortunately Mitro is not.

Of course human nature being what it is, nobody is perfect and you can miss the odd one now and again, even the best penalty takers like Harry Kane can do that.

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 28, 2023, 07:06:22 PMTo be a first choice penalty taker you have be consistent, and unfortunately Mitro is not.

Agree. Apparently,he now holds the record for the most misses by a PL player (4) in a season.