News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone care to summarise the last 26 years?

Started by General, May 29, 2023, 05:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

It's been a rollercoaster, loads has happened.. what are the highlights? Can we summarise them all?

?cxt=HHwWgMDSua7jsZQuAAAA

Promotion from league 2,
Promotion to the PL x 4
Europa league final x1
Playoff final wins x2
Intertoto final win x1
Relegations (in 26 yrs) x3
Playing in Europe for 4 seasons
16 and soon to be 17 seasons in the PL
Two championship winning teams at a canter.

1x new Riverside stand
1x revamp and build of putney stand and Hammersmith stand.

Last day win vs Portsmouth
Home match vs hamburg
Home match vs juventus
Home match vs Shakhtar
Beating Chelsea the first time and the pitch invasion that followed.

Seeing Willian, Berbatov, Karagounis, Schurrle, Murphy, Babel, Duff, Van Der Saar and many more top quality players play for us.

Fulham fan favourites, Pantsil, Mitro, Ream, Volz, Bullard

And not forgetting the originals, Barry hayles, Geoff horsefield, saha, Paul peschisolido, Simon morgan et al

Kevin keegan
Roy Hodgson
Marco Silva
Jean Tigana
Slavisa jokanovic
Martin Jol
Lawrie Sanchez
Felix Magath

X1 Michael Jackson visit
X1 Michael Jackson statue

Has been quite the ride since Maf took charge. Dread to think where we'd have been without him. Hope we honour him at some point in some sort of permanent way.

Mr White

Ni
Quote from: General on May 29, 2023, 05:49:57 PMIt's been a rollercoaster, loads has happened.. what are the highlights? Can we summarise them all?

?cxt=HHwWgMDSua7jsZQuAAAA

Promotion from league 2,
Promotion to the PL x 4
Europa league final x1
Playoff final wins x2
Intertoto final win x1
Relegations (in 26 yrs) x3
Playing in Europe for 4 seasons
16 and soon to be 17 seasons in the PL
Two championship winning teams at a canter.

1x new Riverside stand
1x revamp and build of putney stand and Hammersmith stand.

Last day win vs Portsmouth
Home match vs hamburg
Home match vs juventus
Home match vs Shakhtar
Beating Chelsea the first time and the pitch invasion that followed.

Seeing Willian, Berbatov, Karagounis, Schurrle, Murphy, Babel, Duff, Van Der Saar and many more top quality players play for us.

Fulham fan favourites, Pantsil, Mitro, Ream, Volz, Bullard

And not forgetting the originals, Barry hayles, Geoff horsefield, saha, Paul peschisolido, Simon morgan et al

Kevin keegan
Roy Hodgson
Marco Silva
Jean Tigana
Slavisa jokanovic
Martin Jol
Lawrie Sanchez
Felix Magath

X1 Michael Jackson visit
X1 Michael Jackson statue

Has been quite the ride since Maf took charge. Dread to think where we'd have been without him. Hope we honour him at some point in some sort of permanent way.
[/quote

Nice

General

Feel free to add more if you like or I have failed to highlight.

bog

I will never forget checking the ceefax page and seeing the headline 'Al Fayed buys Fulham. More to follow....' I think you could say there was more to follow.... thanks Mo.  ::thumb::

::oldgit::

Bobsffc

The start of our upward journey really began the previous season, 1996 - 1997. After over ten years of near relegation, relegation, floundering at the bottom of the league, threats to the existence of our club, we finally got a manager and a team that gave us a year to be proud of. I'm not sure the Fayed era would even have happened without the promotion in 1997. So thanks are due also to Micky Adams, Simon Morgan, Mike Conroy and the rest of that team.

Ludlow Richard

I would add promotion as champions from Division 2 under Keegan in 1998/99, one of my favourite seasons.

Can't resist a stat or two. Of the 23 other teams in Division 2 that season, four (Macclesfield, York, Oldham, Chesterfield) will start the 2023/24 season in the National League. Two (Wrexham and Notts County) escaped from non-league this season and will start the 2023/24 season in the fourth tier. Others (Lincoln, for example) have descended to non-league since 1998/99 and returned.

Next season, 5 teams from that 1998/99 Division 2 season (Man City, Bournemouth, Luton, Burnley and of course ourselves) will be in the PL.

And our 31 wins in that 1998/99 season is our record number of wins for a season and will probably never be surpassed. The 31 wins included 9 doubles. The only team we didn't beat at least once? Bournemouth.

Snibbo

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times