more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No more PKs by Mitro

Started by DadCreature, May 28, 2023, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianthailand

Quote from: FulhamKC on May 28, 2023, 07:02:21 PM
Quote from: LC on May 28, 2023, 06:47:49 PMI would let Willian take the penalties moving forward

Or Andreas
+1. Even with his fractured ankle!

Andy S

Mitro can carry on taking them as far as I'm concerned but you have to be coached in the art of scoring them. It's not as easy as you think. You can score them 9 times out of 10 against amateurs but when you come up against top pro's it's a bit different

KJS

Jaoa Palhinha for me, he strikes the ball hard and never looks nervous

Fulham1959

The person who should be most upset is Mitro himself.

14 Premier League Goals 2022/23 (Actual)
+2 (say) if he had scored 2 of those 4 missed penalities
+2 (say) in the 8-game ban

would have given him 18 PL goals, possibly more.

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro's technique for penalty's is flawed.
He must know that himself unless he is in denial.
Nonetheless if Silva fails to pass the penalty taking to a better technically qualified player.
Then he is as much to blame for the penalty misses as is Mitro.

Tom should be the first choice when he is on the field of play.
Mitro has to address his shortcomings and think of the team first and foremost.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Black, White and Fred

Down to Mitro to put the good of the team first and step down from pens. It has literally cost us at least 5 points this season. Next season those 5 points could be even more important
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Holders

If a manager wants to change his penalty taker he wants to avoid damaging the confidence of the previous one. If there's a good time to do it, it will be over close season and ideally someone who comes in will be expert in that field. Least damage to Mitro's esteem.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WindyCity

I've said in past and I'll say again, as long as Mitrovic is in this team, he will be taking the PK's.  It's solely on him to improve this aspect of his game and become better at it.  His PK v Palace was excellent, well struck and upper half of net.  The thing about good PK takers is that even if keeper guesses correctly, they still can score the goal.  Obviously Mitrovic has not been consistent in this part of the game. 

It will be on Mitrovic to relinquish those duties if he personally feels that others in the team can do better and/or if he does not want to put the training/work effort in to become better at PK's.  Sure, it's possible MS can have some say in this situation, but in my view it rests with Mitrovic.

WindyCity

Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 07:04:31 PMNothing like finding something to moan about after a fantastic season. Give yourselves an uppercut

Ha, this is a fan forum, nothing wrong with discussion of any facet of FFC show.  Agreed, terrific season, but there is always room for improvement, and the topic of this conversation is fair game in any sports forum. 

RaySmith

I reckon all pro's should be well capable to taking a successful pen, but it's a lot to do with confidence and coping with the stress of the situation on the day.

It's one thing to be able to react quickly in the box and using your skills to score brilliant goals, as Mitro does so well, but another to step up in front of a vast, baying crowd, and put the ball in the back of the net, as I'm sure Mitro does with ease in training.

Also the keepers jumping about and seemingly diving in anticipation before the ball is kicked, and off his line as De Gea was - GJ reckoned the pen definitely should have been retaken, is something else to cope with.

I'm unsure of the present rules, but in the past keepers weren't allowed to move before the ball was kicked, and this rule was strongly enforced by refs.

But successful pen takers can cope with all the gamesmanship and keeper actions, and remain cool, and put the ball in the back of the net.

Berbatov was one of the best I've seen, though Jim Langley was pretty good, though he missed one for England, but Berba always oozed confidence when he stepped up, and bamboozled the keeper, and I think he never missed a pen in this country, and certainly not for us.

But most pen takers should forget the tricks of the likes of Berba, and Mitro certainly doesn't go in for all that, but crucially lacks confidence for this, I think, and once you've missed a few, it must always be playing on your mind when you step up.

But is there someone else prepared to take on the responsibility, and  who is more than likely to score? because these opportunities are so important to take advantage of in the Prem.

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro is not 9 years old, he is an adult and should take disappointment on the chin.

If i was the manager i would be
more worried about what the other players are thinking than what Mito is thinking.

Of course if i was Silva i would take Mitro aside and have a man to
man talk with him and explain the position, and he should understand anyway.
After all you have a choice, you either cheese off one player or cheese off ten others.
As long as it is highlighted to
him his real strengths to soften the blow.

To continue to miss penalties i would have thought would have a more detrimental effect on his confidence than gently explaining to him that you would be replacing him with a another player to
take the spot kicks.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 08:58:10 PMNothing like a bunch of old guys looking for something to moan about

Not so much of the old, old
timer.

It's a constructive debate on how to help Fulham to improve avoiding defeat and also to win games.
Very important to get the basics right, and taking pens successfully comes under the category of basics.

Now is the time to deliberate whilst footballers add up during the summer break their enormous over inflated salaries in their counting houses.

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 29, 2023, 05:02:30 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 08:58:10 PMNothing like a bunch of old guys looking for something to moan about

timer.

It's a constructive debate on how to help Fulham to improve avoiding defeat and also to win games.
Very important to get the basics right, and taking pens successfully comes under the category of basics.

Now is the time to deliberate whilst footballers add up during the summer break their enormous over inflated salaries in their counting houses.

Ahhh Mr Woolly, I've never seen so many experts that haven't played one minute of professional football voicing their top quality advice.
I don't know how Mr Silva has managed without having them on the payroll.

The site has become a whingers paradise, where before it used to be an enjoyable place to spend a little time, speak about Ffc and have a laugh and joke.

Twig

Broken record.

blingo

Quote from: Twig on May 29, 2023, 09:17:05 PM

Broken record.

Get a life

Twig

Clearly we want to kick on next season.inevitably a big part of that will be down to our transfer dealings. However we also need to see further improvement from our existing squad, this season Ream and Reed are just two examples.  I say this to try to illustrate to Mr Blingo that this isn't a moaning thread, rather it's a thread discussing one modest area where Marco might possibly squeeze a bit of improvement out of his existing squad.

Twig

Quote from: blingo on May 29, 2023, 09:24:44 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 29, 2023, 09:17:05 PM

Broken record.

Get a life

So I've tried to offer a sensible and balanced post. Why don't you have a go?

blingo

Quote from: Twig on May 29, 2023, 09:26:34 PMClearly we want to kick on next season.inevitably a big part of that will be down to our transfer dealings. However we also need to see further improvement from our existing squad, this season Ream and Reed are just two examples.  I say this to try to illustrate to Mr Blingo that this isn't a moaning thread, rather it's a thread discussing one modest area where Marco might possibly squeeze a bit of improvement out of his existing squad.

You are simply rehashing what Marco Silva has already said. Nothing new or worth discussing until the club brings in and/or sells players. Silva states clearly that he is always looking for improvement in players.
So your point is???

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on May 29, 2023, 08:07:30 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 29, 2023, 05:02:30 PM

timer.

Ahhh Mr Woolly, I've never seen so many experts that haven't played one minute of professional football voicing their top quality advice.
I don't know how Mr Silva has managed without having them on the payroll.

The site has become a whingers paradise, where before it used to be an enjoyable place to spend a little time, speak about Ffc and have a laugh and joke.

Then why are YOU whinging Mr Blingo 

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Just shaking the Bush boss, just shaking the bush