watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Is Brentford the only team

Started by The Swan, May 28, 2023, 06:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Did the double over Man City. Well done to Brentford.
Fulham must work hard next season to match them.
I am a Lifelong Fulham supporter, since 1961.
The Swan

Jules

Quote from: The Swan on May 28, 2023, 06:51:15 PMDid the double over Man City. Well done to Brentford.
Fulham must work hard next season to match them.
I am a Lifelong Fulham supporter, since 1961.
Cannot stand Brentford but that is very impressive I have to say

Buffalo76

Well done Brentford???? Why don't you just go all the way and kiss their badge 🤔

Andy S

If Brentford can do it the a whole host of clubs can give it a go next season. They are not invincible

Blawarmy

City fielded a weak side today with an eye on next weekend and the CL final. Our goal has to be to finish above them next season. The next transfer window is crucial!

ianthailand

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 28, 2023, 07:28:05 PMWell done Brentford???? Why don't you just go all the way and kiss their badge 🤔
It's called sportsmanship. They've had a brilliant season, as have we, and should be applauded. That reaction by the OP shows why we are classy supporters and the club that we are.
From me, well said Mr. Swan.

bog

Yes Brentford have a very good season. So far they have coped really well without Toney. Frank* must be on the radar of many other clubs.

*That's Thomas Frank not Frank Lampard. ::tongue::     

Rupert

My position on the very existence of Brentford is well documented, as is my belief that all of their supporters have clearly sold their souls to the devil in exchange for seven years of success. So with that in mind, I have no problem in acknowledging their successful season. Three down, four to go, then it all goes to pot.  ::beer::
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Steeeeeeeeeed

MOTD Showed a table of Brentford Vs the TOP 6 yesterday, Brentford were top with 21 points won, (ahead of Man City on Goel.difference).

Very impressive against the top teams.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 29, 2023, 10:07:58 AMMOTD Showed a table of Brentford Vs the TOP 6 yesterday, Brentford were top with 21 points won, (ahead of Man City on Goel.difference).

Very impressive against the top teams.

And with us it's pretty much the reverse thing.
I think it has a lot to do with the two different playstyles us and Brentford play. Brentford rely a lot on counter attacks and they are therefore better suited to play against top teams, but they struggle to break down teams that play defensively. Fulham on the other hand is more pass oriented, so we are better suited to play against "lesser teams" and less suited to play against top sides.

Congratulations to Brentford on a very good season, but it does make you wonder had Mitro not been injured/suspended would we have been better than them this season?

We Are Premier League

Well done them, still think (and hope) they will be relegated next season!

Andy S

Yes I agree you have to say well done to Brentford as well as our very own Fulham. Brentford in their second season and us in our first. Both clubs in notoriously difficult seasons. Well done to Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest who scraped enough points to stay up. On watching last nights MOTD relegation means a lot to all clubs and I wish the relegated clubs the best of luck for next season. I know a player has it on his CV for life, but it is the fans that are hit the hardest. Good luck to us all next season

SP

Not disagreeing with with you Andy but I will mention the non-playing staff. Last time we were relegated, I think we laid off something like 70 odd staff.

bencher

I have to hand it to Brentford for their belief that they can take points of anyone, and then backing that up. This season we've run all the top teams close but failed to finish them off. I hope we can take the next step next season.

Andy S

The club will need to buy players from some bigger clubs to keep achieving better results while getting rid of some of our talent that has brought us this far. I would suggest moving on some of the older players could be an option. We will also need to get rid of some of the deadwood that will no longer be needed. You can only lift average players so far

Woolly Mammoth

Brentford have done their talking on the pitch, and that's what counts, so they deserve to be where they are. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.