more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR... Leicester City, and the Tragedy of Man's Mutability

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, May 28, 2023, 08:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Boethius:

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

ianthailand

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 28, 2023, 08:30:39 PMBoethius:

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".
Bloody hell is this FoF?

Woolly Mammoth

Who invented the Wheel  ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Just think of the huge number of random guesses mother made before it became possible for an 'observer' to even contemplate something like mankind may appear sometime somewhere.  And even now we breed stupidity and allow it to trample all over sensibility as mother whispers in the wind - you'd better get use to randomness because it is all I have got ... and, besides, the results can be quite exciting but just not for everybody all of the time and often for far too long do results seem poor.  Even mother doesn't know all the answers. 

Fulham1959

It's A Tale of Two Cities (maybe Manchester and Leicester)

Rupert

Quote from: ianthailand on May 29, 2023, 02:52:12 AM

Bloody hell is this FoF?

Absolutely. Now that the football is out of the way, this board can really flourish.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Carborundum

"but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths"

Nice idea, but unlikely to catch on.

Rupert

Kipling expressed similar sentiments in his poem "If",

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same:"

It does require a degree of fatalism, but after 55 years of following the Whites my stoicism is pretty well developed. We have had, and will have good seasons, we definitely have bad seasons, and will do again, but we will still be there.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Surlyc

About time some Boethius was quoted on this forum!

Seriously though, as bad as Leicester fans may feel today, I would trade several relegations for a league title and an FA Cup win. As long as Leicester City is still financially viable (and they should be, once they sell some players), they can reflect on a quite incredible run.

Andy S

Yes I hope Leicester's recovery is relatively quick. However their relegation will be forgotten by the end of next season